Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been saying Pruitt was in trouble since November and everyone laughed at him, said covid year blah blah blah.

Along with everyone not named Austin Price. Trouble in losing his job because of performance. He was acting like he knew about the investigation. He's never broken anything. He said yesterday that he had over 200 people on periscope watching so I got curious and looked. Sure enough, there were 120 people. lol

update from Stoerner Fumbles in FF (dude with the long post yesterday)

I have not heard much of interest. Steele has had meeting with LBs as a group, and complete D as a group. Fulmer involved in both meetings. Pruitt was not. Read that as you wish. If you don’t hear anything new from AD before Monday, Pruitt is your coach. My friend said that the staff doesn’t know the outcome, but most think the university will try to negotiate their way out of Pruitt’s contract using the investigation findings as leverage. This probably means a reduced buyout. Pruitt has other job opportunities as a DC, as other people have noted. My friend says that Plowman sees the coach, the AD and our standard operating procedures as embarrassing. Pruitt’s inability to work with others, form a sentence, or manage people is not ok with her. My friend says she will not hire another candidate who is embarrassing to the university. In his mind, that rules out Freeze and Chadwell. All that noted, Pruitt may still be here Monday. If he is, they’re letting him own the mess he made. Either way, my friend doesn’t think there is any way we’re still in limbo after the long weekend.

Does it really matter to you why I don’t listen to anything the dude says? I’ve said it time and time again if Mehrrone or some other jackwad is the best we can do, I’d rather keep Pruitt another year. If we can get Fickell, Campbell, Freeze or Chadwell or even maybe Herman. I’m all for making a change. Has absolutely nothing to with me wanting Basilio to be wrong about anything, that’s nonsense.
I don't care if you listen to him or not but you jumped all over one false statement and ran with it. "where's all the Basilio is spot on people now that he's walking back" lol gtfo

It was bad. D. Swafford was a walk on playing good minutes. Made a couple great plays but that guy wasn’t an SEC level player.

I remember thinking butch was a hell of a coach after 2013. If we don’t get absolutely robbed by the officials at the end of the Vandy game, we go bowling that season with a win over a top 5 team
I still have not seen any indisputable evidence that the spot on the fourth down try was wrong.

Along with everyone not named Austin Price. Trouble in losing his job because of performance. He was acting like he knew about the investigation. He's never broken anything. He said yesterday that he had over 200 people on periscope watching so I got curious and looked. Sure enough, there were 120 people. lol
He never elaborated as to why Pruitt was in trouble, he just said he was in trouble and he did continue to mention somethings that happened over the summer. Now you want to go on Trey Wallace's track record, should with start with the Gruden BS he stole off of here and somehow turned that into a job with the kiddos on fanrun?

How would Chadwell be embarrassing? Some kids used their university issued CC’s to buy electronics and were retroactively ineligible when it was discovered. That’s a stretch.
I don't think he'd be seen as embarrassing because of that - I think he's seen as very "green" and might get in here and discover the job is just way too big for him.

He is going there and as long as he is able to stay healthy he will thrive. Urban is different.

Yep, Urban is indeed a unique College coach, but I stand by what I said in that college and pro coaches take different management skills. If he takes that job Lets have this discussion in about 4 years and see how he did (assuming I haven't lost the rest of my mind). :cool:

Last edited:
I’m confident you’re very good at your job, but you know he’d beat your ass to a nub in film study, right?

That literally means nothing. Anyone that played, coached, or worked at a high level of football becomes a sponge for that just Bc of how often you do it.

I’m more basing it off of we have had alignment issues the entire time he has been here and have been routinely attacked in the same ways over and over again under Pruitt. I find it more likely that Pruitt rose up the ranks Bc of his recruiting connections, particularly to the guys bama brought in early then because he is some ace scheme or play designer.

update from Stoerner Fumbles in FF (dude with the long post yesterday)
How is Chadwell embarrassing to the university? For that matter, how is Freeze? What's embarrassing to the university is losing. If Plowman cannot come to that conclusion herself, then she's not fit for the job. Winning trumps pretty much everything else.

Anyone who is against hiring a winner like Freeze is a part of the problem and doesn’t care about winning just public and media image (even though the media hasn’t mentioned Freeze past at all and in fact seems to talk about him a lot and put him on tv). Plowman and Boyd and Fulmer can gtfo.

He never elaborated as to why Pruitt was in trouble, he just said he was in trouble and he did continue to mention somethings that happened over the summer. Now you want to go on Trey Wallace's track record, should with start with the Gruden BS he stole off of here and somehow turned that into a job with the kiddos on fanrun?

Well, tbh he broke the Florida credit card case. that got him some notoriety. He's not always right and Im not going to defend anything he does. However, he is a journalist and Tony is a quirky blabber mouth who got kicked off mainstream radio in Knoxville because his personality got old. Why doesn't he break any news that he always claims he knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back