Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Bruin comes after me, I just want to make it clear I am paraphrasing a long conversation on the VQ pod (that I finally figured out how to listen to) and they said it doesn’t make sense for Steele to take this job if Pruitt is in limbo. "Which we all agree he is."

“The fact that it’s Tennessee, it’s his school and he would like to help fix it is the only reason he is here.”

Well if you arent embellishing like the last few days thanks for sharing

Bad coaching wasn’t his knock. It’s trying to tell all the other coaches how to do their job and creating friction on the sidelines in a game and in practice. ’Cause you always know better - even though you don’t have a 10th of the experience. That causes chaos - and when the program is under fire for not winning more than 10 games with super talent - more chaos. And, then when it’s your side of the ball making mistakes “It’s not my fault.” Then, tearing the program down by running your mouth to anyone who will listen (recruits) and saying you are going to be the savior if they’ll just listen to you.
Yikes..

Just out of curiosity... what makes you think he’s so book smart defensively
He has a lot of experience on that side of the ball, working at good programs over the years. He occasionally will drop technical references in press conferences and such, mostly because I don't really think he knows what else to say. His players talk about the defense being really complicated.

He reminds me of the IT guy at work, except he's a redneck and knows a lot about football instead of IT. Smart guy in his lane, knows a lot of technical information, but terrible communication/people/managerial skills.

Botch's last team was the worst Tennessean football team I have ever seen..period. His ****** recruiting after 15 basically nuked any chance anybody that followed him was going to succeed.

And I couldn't give a runny **** what a bunch of Richts entitled bitch boys had to say about Jeremy. People at Bama had a totally different story of him. And Kirby was NEVER going to keep him on.
Cool story

Where’s all the Basilio has been spot on folks now that he’s slow walking it back? If in fact he’s backtracking, since I don’t pay him any attention.
He literally said, today that Pruitt isn't coming back. Not sure why you hate that guy so much, my money says you want so badly for Basilio to be wrong that you're hoping Pruitt comes back at this point.

I think that Pruitt is very book smart defensively. He knows a lot about defensive Xs and Os. If he took a test about defensive concepts, jargon, etc., he'd ace the test.

I think he's quite poor at communicating the knowledge he's got in his head to other people. And he's absolutely atrocious at being responsible for an entire program. He's a classic case of the "smart guy" who is really knowledgeable about something, but nobody asks him for help because he has terrible communication and people skills. Kind of like the IT guy at your office or something.

If you're a team that's already got something good going, Pruitt will come in and do a great job at operating the machine. You just don't want to ask him to create anything himself.

I will buy this reality and I will continue the narrative to explain how bad it hurts when a AD is always looking over his shoulder telling how to run the team. You end up with fulmer’s vision poorly communicated to the coach who interprets the vision then tries to pass that vision on to his staff and players through poor communication.

Add to that mix no real off-season or spring practice. A world-wide pandemic. Etc. Etc.

And voila...

Year three of a once proud football tradition= 3-7 + fan apathy.

Seems legit.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I don't remember the details, but I seem to remember him not being a good DC but a great position coach. Hasn't he gotten fired from all/most of his DC jobs?
Pruitt? Only time he’s been FIRED period is UGA and that was more a transition with change of HC. He’s acknowledged as a DC. We’ve seen what bad DC’s can do with talent, so docking one who coaches them to their max level is contrivance in liquid form.

Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time picturing Pruitt as an elementary PE teacher. Based on his demeanor at UT, I can't picture him teaching kindergarten, first, or second grades kids.

Getting along with kids and getting along with adults are two totally different things.

Reactions: SmokinBob
He literally said, today that Pruitt isn't coming back. Not sure why you hate that guy so much, my money says you want so badly for Basilio to be wrong that you're hoping Pruitt comes back at this point.
Does it really matter to you why I don’t listen to anything the dude says? I’ve said it time and time again if Mehrrone or some other jackwad is the best we can do, I’d rather keep Pruitt another year. If we can get Fickell, Campbell, Freeze or Chadwell or even maybe Herman. I’m all for making a change. Has absolutely nothing to with me wanting Basilio to be wrong about anything, that’s nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back