Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like some specifics about the investigation / possible violations have gotten out, and they’re bad enough that no one will divulge what they’ve heard. I don’t think Pruitt will win here, but if I’m reading the situation correctly, it may be better just to stick with what we’ve got.

Think positive...they’re working on an exit strategy for him to make everyone happy, including NCAA, and will hire Napier or Chadwell the same day. Those guys won’t turn down $3-4mil/year. Most players will stay and the new staff will close with some good transfers. Spring ball around the corner!

Again, it isn't just Fulmer. There's strong support for keeping Pruitt and strong opposition. People are dug in. It'll play out how it plays out.
But if it’s an investigation, how do people outside of the Admin/NCAA have any power at all? Are they pressuring the compliance department to dig until they find something?

Reactions: give_him 6
Potential outcomes:

1: Investigation turns up nothing, or only minor stuff, but Pruitt is fired anyway. We still would embark on the coaching search under the cloud of a potential NCAA investigation, because even if UT came out and said they found nothing it would still look suspicious because we fired him. Probably end up with a Google coach, although perhaps we could get a name like Napier or Chadwell. IMO, this outcome is unlikely at 9% probability.

2: Investigation turns up nothing, or only minor stuff, and Pruitt remains. 45% probability.

3: Investigation turns up major violations and Pruitt is fired, hopefully at some kind of reduced buyout. We embark on a coaching search with the near-certainty that we're going to be hammered by the NCAA and get Coach McGoogle. 45% probability.

4: Investigation turns up major violations, but Pruitt remains. In the case of major violations, one would think that our firing of Pruitt would help lessen the eventual NCAA penalty, so I see almost no way he stays at that point. The unlikeliest of all at 1% probability.

Uscjr is going to be a dumpster fire for a few years.

A redshirt freshman TE just entered the portal which if my math is correct, makes their 108th player to enter the portal so far this offseason.
The players voted to not play in the bowl game because they didn't like Mike Bobo, and the new coach was like "Yeah, let's keep Bobo" lol.

Potential outcomes:

1: Investigation turns up nothing, or only minor stuff, but Pruitt is fired anyway. We still would embark on the coaching search under the cloud of a potential NCAA investigation, because even if UT came out and said they found nothing it would still look suspicious because we fired him. Probably end up with a Google coach, although perhaps we could get a name like Napier or Chadwell. IMO, this outcome is unlikely at 9% probability.

2: Investigation turns up nothing, or only minor stuff, and Pruitt remains. 45% probability.

3: Investigation turns up major violations and Pruitt is fired, hopefully at some kind of reduced buyout. We embark on a coaching search with the near-certainty that we're going to be hammered by the NCAA and get Coach McGoogle. 45% probability.

4: Investigation turns up major violations, but Pruitt remains. In the case of major violations, one would think that our firing of Pruitt would help lessen the eventual NCAA penalty, so I see almost no way he stays at that point. The unlikeliest of all at 1% probability.
Match checks out.

If it gets him, we might as well shut it down. Because no one is coming here with incoming sanctions from a level 1 violation. I’m all for firing him, but I don’t want it to be for that.
This.... Best we can hope for is he has been learning on the job, he hires some good coaches and the players that love him will step up.

This seems to go against the BS line they were feeding us all along that Pruitt was hands off with the offense, and that Chaney was making the calls. For example: who the starting QB was.

People who did not understand that should not be expected to understand what is going with the legal side of things.

You are so good at reading between the lines. You need info spoon feed to you, then you take said info and try to pass it off as if you actually know anything at all with definitive statements. Then when you’re called on it you say “well that’s what so in so said”. Here.....

View attachment 336662
Do you have any other questions that need answered? If not, go sit your silly self down.
I am no insider. I have always given credit to those insiders if I’m reposting information they have previously posted just as I did regarding AV’s posts earlier today.

Last edited:
If you're hoping Pruitt gets fired...one thing you got going for you, is the NCAA investigation is still ongoing. And there are some serious talks going on with the NCAA and Pruitt's staff.
But if you're hoping that route, then you are running in to serious violations. Which sets us back more? I would assume violations has the bigger affect.

Think positive...they’re working on an exit strategy for him to make everyone happy, including NCAA, and will hire Napier or Chadwell the same day. Those guys won’t turn down $3-4mil/year. Most players will stay and the new staff will close with some good transfers. Spring ball around the corner!
It's a little early to be this drunk, don't you think?

Reactions: HoleInTheRoof
But if you're hoping that route, then you are running in to serious violations. Which sets us back more? I would assume violations has the bigger affect.
I'm no lawyer, but I am smarter than all the lawyers in the PF.

I have to imagine there is quite a bit of room between finding enough to fire Pruitt for less than his maximum buyout, and major NCAA program altering violations.

For example. If we got hit with the exact same punishment Florida got, that would be enough to fire Pruitt for cause, and there are little to no major penalties that affect that program long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back