Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they wanted to fire him for performance, it would have been done a month ago. If they had clear cause, they would have set things in motion. Someone could write a check today. Or Boyd could decide to fire him tomorrow simply because he's had enough. Or legal could find damning evidence hidden in a backroom with the beer barrel. Or UT could throw caution to the wind, fire him and pay the buyout. Or UT could continue on the default path, because that has had significant support all along.
Agreed.
Its obvious there is support for bringing him back outside of Phil. If they wanted to go around him they could. And that hasn't happened. And honestly there isn't any reason it couldn't have already happened.

KY has state income tax, sales tax and some cities have city income tax. I have a friend in Louisville and city income tax is 2.2%. 2.2% flat tax - no matter what you make - no deductions - no taxes to file. Employer takes it from your pay check.
This state is a big pile of corrupt horseisht.

Reactions: volfan1631
I thought Pruitt had a decent chance to turn things around next year, but the way this has gone down has crushed any possibility of that happening. All good transfers and assistant coach candidates will be gone by the time the administration makes a decision. Probably set back another few years with how this was handled.

#1 Who could he have gotten better at that time?
#2 We were not in a good negotiating spot.
#3 This is the problem. Knew he would be pushed to fire his guy if things did not go well. Was probably already rumblings from the other side..... If only we only had one side.

Good post, SaS. I still maintain that the extension is immaterial to keeping/firing Pruitt though.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
What's really mind blowing, here's the 13 teams that beat Butch by 10 or more

Year 1:
@ 2 Oregon (lossby 45)
@ 19 Florida (loss by 14)
@ 1 Alabama (loss by 35
@10 Missouri (loss by 28)
vs 7 Auburn (loss by 32)

Year 2:
@ 4 Oklahoma (loss by 24)
@ 3 Ole Miss (loss by 31)
vs 4 Alabama (loss by 14)

Year 3:
no losses by 10 or more

Year 4:
vs 1 Alabama (loss by 39)
@ Vanderbilt (loss by 11)

Year 5:
vs 7 Georgia (loss by 41)
@ 1 Alabama (loss by 38)
@ Missouri (loss by 33)

I used to like AP a lot more, but the past few weeks he's been the biggest mouthpiece for this university and spewing anything to TRY to minimize the significance of this whole thing. Now, all of the sudden, it feels different. GTFOH.. The university and some assistant coaches don't hire lawyers for anything small. He's becoming just as bad as state run.

Last edited:
What's really mind blowing, here's the 13 teams that beat Butch by 10 or more

Year 1:
@ 2 Oregon (lossby 45)
@ 19 Florida (loss by 14)
@ 1 Alabama (loss by 35
@10 Missouri (loss by 28)
vs 7 Auburn (loss by 32)

Year 2:
@ 4 Oklahoma (loss by 24)
@ 3 Ole Miss (loss by 31)
vs 4 Alabama (loss by 14)

Year 3:
no losses by 10 or more

Year 4:
vs 1 Alabama (loss by 39)
@ Vanderbilt (loss by 11)

Year 5:
vs 7 Georgia (loss by 41)
@ 1 Alabama (loss by 38)
@ Missouri (loss by 33)

Wait so is it ok to go 0-8 in the SEC if you do it with close losses?

I’m sure you’re not defending Butch, your post just read like it. And I’m sure it’s part of a larger convo but every page is the same at this point basically and I don’t have it in me to read “he’s gone” “he’s staying” “the investigation!!”

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
He's known as an excellent DC so he'll always have a landing spot at some pretty big universities

Not anymore... any school that looks at his Defense performance over the past 3 seasons wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole... But maybe Lyle could take him at ARky St as a D coordinator...

Not anymore... any school that looks at his Defense performance over the past 3 seasons wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole... But maybe Lyle could take him at ARky St as a D coordinator...

He would definitely get a DC job. Our defense was much improved last year. This year was an enigma.

Reactions: jp1
Maybe they're not firing him because they know sanctions are coming and they know they won't be able to hire anyone any better because of that. Maybe keeping Pruitt is better for now because he can at least keep some of the recruits on board as opposed to Joe Mcgoogleme.
seems plausible

I have heard some rumors about what was found in the initial investigation, and I believe certain media members have the same information.

I'm not going to pretend I have the full scope, but if what I've heard is true, it's much more likely this is just a Jeremy Pruitt/coaching staff issue and not necessarily something that will hurt the school. But, like @LA Vol said, once you get the NCAA snooping around, anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back