Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Chadwell beat Napier. And Freeze beat Chadwell.

But...Doeren beat Freeze. ****. We should have hired Doeren!
That transitive stuff is complete horseshit..that is one thing the years have taught me over and over and over again. You can always tell when young guys have not learned that lesson, or old guys who are just too stupid to learn anything.

Napier is a good coach, and so is Campbell. I don't think one is any better than the other based on the results of one game.

VFL who have a shot at a Lombardi this year:

Daniel McCullers - Bears
Cordarrelle Patterson - Bears
Tyler Bray - Bears (practice squad)
John Kelly - Browns (practice squad)
Morgan Cox - Ravens
Nigel Warrior - Ravens (practice squad)
Darrell Taylor - Seahawks
Alvin Kamara - Saints
Marquez Callaway - Saints
Shy Tuttle - Saints
Ethan Wolf - Saints (practice squad)
Joshua Dobbs - Steelers
Cam Sutton - Steelers
Trevor Daniel - Titans (practice squad)

These teams have no Vols on their roster and can F off and lose:

Bills
Buccaneers
Chiefs
Colts
Packers

Rams
Redskins

We are all sitting around waiting for results of this investigation, but it could be a year before anything comes from it.

The school is driving this *internal* investigation. They have zero interest in dragging it out. If it were the NCAA doing the investigation, and the school was stalling, then sure.

Reactions: drvenner
I know you're kidding and all, but that win over Campbell is significant. Dude is at Louisiana and Campbell is the hottest coach out there. What he has done at Iowa State has been extraordinary. Did anyone watch that game?
It's one freakin game Bass..but I do think Napier is a good coach.

Wait so is it ok to go 0-8 in the SEC if you do it with close losses?

I’m sure you’re not defending Butch, your post just read like it. And I’m sure it’s part of a larger convo but every page is the same at this point basically and I don’t have it in me to read “he’s gone” “he’s staying” “the investigation!!”

Those are just the numbers, idgaf what you read into it past that.

VFL who have a shot at a Lombardi this year:

Daniel McCullers - Bears
Cordarrelle Patterson - Bears
Tyler Bray - Bears (practice squad)
John Kelly - Browns (practice squad)
Morgan Cox - Ravens
Nigel Warrior - Ravens (practice squad)
Darrell Taylor - Seahawks
Alvin Kamara - Saints
Marquez Callaway - Saints
Shy Tuttle - Saints
Ethan Wolf - Saints (practice squad)
Joshua Dobbs - Steelers
Cam Sutton - Steelers
Trevor Daniel - Titans (practice squad)

These teams have no Vols on their roster and can F off and lose:

Bills
Buccaneers
Chiefs
Colts
Packers

Rams
Redskins
Go Bears! Bear Down!!!

Opening an investigation, delaying replacement hires, not even being a factor in the transfer portal lottery....and then not firing Pruitt would be the most TN thing ever.

If this doesn't end with his ouster and a solid hire, they have done irreparable harm to the program. If Pruitt had even a decent season, he would be looking for an exit on his own the first time a middling DC offer crossed his desk.

The best way to end this would be to pay his freaking buyout and move on. Way too much harm is being done.

#1 Who could he have gotten better at that time? I keep hearing this all the time that no one would come here. That's a false assumption. There are/were many coaches that would have jumped at the opportunity. We probably couldn't have hired a top shelf coach but we could have hired a head coach at a lower division. Les Miles would have come. Anyone besides a guy that had very little experience and zero experience as a head coach.

#2 We were not in a good negotiating spot. Then move on to the next coach that has more realistic contract expectations. We overpaid for a first time head coach and then doubled down by agreeing to a ridiculous contract stipulations.
#3 This is the problem. Knew he would be pushed to fire his guy if things did not go well. Was probably already rumblings from the other side..... If only we only had one side. There was zero chance someone was going to steal him away. He was coming off a season where he had lost to GA State and gave the BYU game away. He hadn't beaten one of our rivals. He did nothing to warrant a raise or extension.

The hire was doomed from the start.

Good post, SaS. I still maintain that the extension is immaterial to keeping/firing Pruitt though.
I think it may be effecting those who can't decide which side to be on. But if someone was willing to step up to pay it it would not be a problem. And no one is willing to step up to pay it because they can't agree on a replacement that is willing to come. So you're stuck in a toxic situation.

Last edited:
There were literally people in here and on the National stage boosting up the 8 game run he went on. I’m not saying I think he should have got an extension but he did based off of that and the respect he had earned nationally at the time. Either way, ain’t my money and I’ll keep supporting the VOLS no matter how bad it tastes.
Why extend him or give him a raise? Was he threat to leave? Who was coming after him?

Based on what they're doing, best case scenario right now is that we keep him and try our best to hire a good staff around him. We aren't hiring anyone worth hiring if we fire him with what they're doing.
How? That relationship has been damaged beyond repair IMO.

Reactions: Devo182
Opening an investigation, delaying replacement hires, not even being a factor in the transfer portal lottery....and then not firing Pruitt would be the most TN thing ever.

If this doesn't end with his ouster and a solid hire, they have done irreparable harm to the program. If Pruitt had even a decent season, he would be looking for an exit on his own the first time a middling DC offer crossed his desk.

The best way to end this would be to pay his freaking buyout and move on. Way too much harm is being done.
You're probably right. That however could have been done without this whole investigation thing going public in the way that it did. Whoever had that brilliant idea needs to hit the road.

Reactions: VolGee4
Lots of talk that Muschamp is going to take an analyst role at UGA instead of a DC job. He is going to Butch his buyout.

I used to like AP a lot more, but the past few weeks he's been the biggest mouthpiece for his university and spewing anything to TRY to minimize the significance of this whole thing. Now, all of the sudden, it feels different. GTFOH.. The university and some assistant coaches don't hire lawyers for nothing big. He's becoming just as bad as state run.

He became close pals with Neids and even Pruitt to a degree. It’s showing bad.

It doesn’t really bother me now but the way he’s leaving the door open every single time he speaks is annoying Bc sure enough if we do fire Pruitt he’s gonna try and pull some “like i said the past 5 times things could change” .... no bud. Pruitt is your boy. Too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back