Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
gDPOmqq.gif

This still blows my mind.

This still blows my mind.

Was there any context to this spot that made it justifiable? Like was he supposed to place it at the marker as it was already a first down. His initial foot placement was not actually a spot?

Edit: Nevermind. The SEC office said he used improper mechanics by looking back. Baloney. He even angled his foot four times. Probably got an ankle sprain.

Last edited:
If you take away Muschamp's 11-2 season he's almost exactly a .500 coach in 8 years on the job. Also exactly .500 in SEC play. Pretty clear that year was an aberration for him. And his 9-4 second season at South Carolina seems similar. He comes in, does an okay job in year one, overachieves in year two, and then immediately starts tanking.

Year 5 will be new territory for him. Interesting to see how bad they are this year.

The problem with Muschamp is his ego. He probably isn’t interested in being an assistant coach.

Negative? No one really knows. He said about 10 words that triggered folks without knowing much more. Something about how it was "hard to recruit to a place where he didn't trust what was going on". I have a feeling he felt he was either getting pushed out, had 1 foot out the door to follow Norvell (it's hard to recruit when you know you're about to not be there), or he didn't fit with this staff. Maybe the same way Pruitt didn't fit with Richt and his staff/type.

Many jumped to the conclusion that he didn't trust Pruitt and his vision in general, or some other overarching, negative kneejerk reaction like that. Guess we'll see what he says tomorrow, but I have a feeling there's more to the context either way.

...Or he goes on Swain and blasts everything and everyone and all hell breaks loose 🤣 I'm here for it regardless.

Already gave my opinion, which isn't very different from yours. (Well, minus that uniquely Devo way of disagreeing with others )

But no matter his original intent, I fully expect a rationale with less bite. Just have to use judgement meters from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back