Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We upgraded. I really don’t care what he said or his intentions.

Jay Graham for the win. Thanks for the memories YAC. Time for us to move on.

YAC was a good coach, but Graham fits. The fact he left a competitive TAMU program tells me doesn’t want to miss being a part of the Vols rise to prominence.

This is just weird.
Googled Banks to see if there were any new comments, saw an old Dave Hooker article wanting Pruitt fired😂😂😂
But anyway, in the comments, there was a dawg defending us from an Aubie fan.
Just felt really weird. Sample below.

View attachment 260418
I would just like to add that Hooker tries so hard to stir the pot, but he's not even a good enough journalist to do that.

We upgraded. I really don’t care what he said or his intentions.

Jay Graham for the win. Thanks for the memories YAC. Time for us to move on.
The only foreseeable scenario where it may actually matter is if this ended up being similar to a "Travis Haney article" situation all over again. Obviously not saying it is, only that it would be the one type of situation where words should not be ignored.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Burton
I think he's just trying to say that he's close to Norvell and knows him very well and it came out sounding bad. I don't think it's anything more than that. He just chose his words very poorly - no need for a crucifixion.
He’s getting heat for flapping his gums...nobody’s building anything to nail him onto. Let the process work...he earned it.

I think he's just trying to say that he's close to Norvell and knows him very well and it came out sounding bad. I don't think it's anything more than that. He just chose his words very poorly - no need for a crucifixion.
Let's not forget he LEFT Norvell and Memphis to come here. He may be simply trying to reingratiate himself with Norvell and crew, as well.

Reactions: UTProf
The only foreseeable scenario where it may actually matter is if this is ended up being similar to a "Travis Haney article" situation all over again. Obviously not saying it is, only that it would be the one type of situation where words should not be ignored.

I plan on hearing him out. Not sure we'll get the same message anyway. It's 1 thing saying it for your new "family", another for our local media.

My gut reaction is that he trusts Norvell to do what's best for David Johnson but not Pruitt to do so.
Which is fine, CJP isn't being paid to look out for DJ, he's being paid to look out for TN.

Feel like I went there last Summer. Or maybe that is just a thing now. Did it also have other games for pay? I think I paid for the basketball shooting game and something else. But like ski ball and retro games were free and they had cornhole outside.
Must be a different place. This was a bar, and and the most recent game was probably "NFL blitz". Just a really cool place to hang out, I think we stayed 4 hours...

Reactions: Devo182
I plan on hearing him out. Not sure we'll get the same message anyway. It's 1 thing saying it for your new "family", another for our local media.

My gut reaction is that he trusts Norvell to do what's best for David Johnson but not Pruitt to do so.
Which is fine, CJP isn't being paid to look out for DJ, he's being paid to look out for TN.

Just about all coaches are mercenaries anyways. The amount of job hopping is pretty incredible.

Well that's just great. We've already sharpened our pitchforks and lit our torches.

QhCAwDXZ0BltK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back