Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Pruitt, but GS should have never happened. That game was on the coaches for treating it like a scrimmage game. He is a first time coach, so I'm going to let it go as a mistake that he will never allow again. BYU was on the players not the coaches. I think as long as Pruitt does not lose the team and can weather the storm of this season, he could have a bright future.

Lane Kiffin would have been successful here. Jonathan Crompton made JG look like a Heisman until Kiffin came to UT. It took a few games, but the UCLA and Auburn losses were on Crompton. Tennessee beats Alabama if Lincoln is not hurt. Kiffin would have brought in top classes and Tyler Bray would have won a lot of games. That coaching staff was awesome.

Mike Leach would be successful here, but it would take a few years and would require patience.
That coaching staff was never going to do anything if they couldn't get a better defense on the field. That Ole Miss game was a F'n abomination, Dexter is still running, and so was that stinking Vtech game.

Yeah, because high schoolers listen to local radio sports talk.

Let me tell you a little secret I picked up as a high school teacher. THEY DON'T LISTEN TO THAT. I have a hard time getting them to put the phone down or take the earbuds out of their hear, but not because they're listening to sports talk. Don't tell anybody; this is just our little secret.

Buddy, sports talk is only a part of it. Kids believe everything they read on Twitter and it’s not positive. They see everything on ESPN and we’re a laughing stock. Even the WWE is making fun of us. Imagine the fuel opposing coaches have. It was already bad before Georgia State.

Yeah, because high schoolers listen to local radio sports talk.

Let me tell you a little secret I picked up as a high school teacher. THEY DON'T LISTEN TO THAT. I have a hard time getting them to put the phone down or take the earbuds out of their hear, but not because they're listening to sports talk. Don't tell anybody; this is just our little secret.
My man. Literally don't listen to anyone but coaches or friends

Reactions: OrangenSC
That’s like saying Steve spurrier wasnt great Bc he didn’t go undefeated at duke.

If Washington can win that joke of a conference then mike leach should be dominating if he was any good. **** leach, we need to support of coach and team.

Fellas, help me out some. Wife and I haven't been to Neyland since probably 2013 because of med school and residency and our little man. We are finally gonna make it back to Knoxville for the MSU game. What's the best way to grab tickets? We want to get some good, lower level seats if possible even if we have to pay a little more. Is there a lot of scalping options or try craigslist? UTSports has some decent seats in E, but I'd like to be on the north side if possible
Go to the ticket forum here, i always grab mine there.

Ubben said in his podcast that Chatt coaches noted in our first 2 games any time there was motion, even 1 guy in motion, there was basically a 50/50 shot at a coverage bust. Yikes.

Also said watching tape of last year LBs just knew what they were doing but this year we were looking at each other a lot.

Exactly what happened Q1 vs byu. 1 guy in motion and neither lb picks him up presnap. Crouch goes chasing him well after the snap from the other side of the defense and the guy should have strolled in for a backyard td pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMCVol and Catbone
Ubben said in his podcast that Chatt coaches noted in our first 2 games any time there was motion, even 1 guy in motion, there was basically a 50/50 shot at a coverage bust. Yikes.

Also said 81 will take you to the ball. Runs always go to the side Pope lines up on.

That's because the blitzer didn't turn or move presnap AT ALL. We discussed this after the game and if you rewatch it you'll see there was no way to see it coming. No one's fault really, though the slot receiver possibly could have chipped him, maybe.

Then you don’t survey the field and see what the defense is doing at snap? When a defender blitzes you have people open.

I think you’re right, but is it possible we’ve miscalculated this?

Of the last 3 coaches, I was least confident Butch could recruit in the SEC and he was able to do it better than Pruitt and Dooley.
Butch was at least a used car salesman..Borin Doeren sucks, and would not get a top twenty class here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back