Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
JG missed the corner blitz as well against GSU. He never looked that side, and he fumbled. If he throws it at the blitz, Callaway is open.

I am concerned, too, that JG will not identify what is coming. It will simply come down to him avoiding turnovers or getting lucky. Our defense can play well all game, but we will lose if he gives UF a short field on turnovers.

That's because the blitzer didn't turn or move presnap AT ALL. We discussed this after the game and if you rewatch it you'll see there was no way to see it coming. No one's fault really, though the slot receiver possibly could have chipped him, maybe.

Fellas, help me out some. Wife and I haven't been to Neyland since probably 2013 because of med school and residency and our little man. We are finally gonna make it back to Knoxville for the MSU game. What's the best way to grab tickets? We want to get some good, lower level seats if possible even if we have to pay a little more. Is there a lot of scalping options or try craigslist? UTSports has some decent seats in E, but I'd like to be on the north side if possible

Uhh...Terrible take on Tillman & Jones who are buried behind. JJ, Calloway, Palmer, Johnson, & Byrd.

“So far”.....don’t take it to heart.personally i think they are not using Keyton and jones enough..”means” I believe will be helpful in years to come.More or less they are buried on a depth chart because of experience though you’re right.

Totally content to let it play out. But the first two classes are totally comparable between the two coaching staffs and to suggest otherwise is asinine.

Butch’s last two classes were bad. No way around it. A ton of attrition. But the first two were really good and laid the foundation for what should have been a 10 win season and SEC East crown.

You know why those last classes were bad? Because the results weren’t there on the field. He was on the hot seat and couldn’t sign the guys he wanted. And the same thing is in danger of happening to the current coaching staff. That’s the comparison.
Nah, he just whiffed so bad with QB, OL, DL recruiting and it cost him. QB is the most important position. Dobbs made him look good for 2 years.

It’s funny to me that people think Kiffin would have been successful here. Is it because of all that success he had at USC?

The reason people think he would've been successful here is because he isn't here. We always think coaches who aren't here would be great here. And we think they all were, and are, dying to come here. Neither LK nor ML has done anything to make me believe they would win championships here. And championships are the only thing that would keep our fans from bashing the coach. And to some even that wouldn't be enough.

Bryce Thompson getting of the bus in Florida this weekend
200w.gif

In December 2022 we will hire our next coach. He’ll have Tennessee roots and finally bring us full circle so we can end the cycle of misery. Please pepper your angus for head coach Randy Sanders.

Reactions: RiotVol and Bms4880
That’s all it takes. Recruiting then stalls or regresses due to the doubt and you are forced to make a change.

Yeah, because high schoolers listen to local radio sports talk.

Let me tell you a little secret I picked up as a high school teacher. THEY DON'T LISTEN TO THAT. I have a hard time getting them to put the phone down or take the earbuds out of their hear, but not because they're listening to sports talk. Don't tell anybody; this is just our little secret.

Reactions: Rishvol
As I noted earlier, Austin Pope has graded out as the SEC's #2 run blocking TE and #3 in pass blocking. Here are all of his snaps vs Chattanooga. A couple of dominating and smashmouth ones, but overall he just does his job without mistakes.

I feel like we need to always have TEs from East TN on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back