Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny to me that people think Kiffin would have been successful here. Is it because of all that success he had at USC?
28-15 at USC under heavy sanctions inherited from his predecessors - with Jim Harbaugh and Chip Kelly in his conference. He would have been wildly successful here.

Kiffin brings in a top 10 class, and 6 of the 21 stay to be juniors, and none of them were impact players or very productive.

Ya'll wanna talk about an "empty class" of big stars and no production, that's #1 imo, far worse than any Butch brought in.
Can’t fault most of those guys for refusing to stay bought in through Dooley though.

There would have been attrition but if the staff stays that class stays in tact.

Ya'll wanna talk about "orange blinders" you must have them on big time...talking about Kiffin.

Tennessee 2009 Football Commits

Past the first 4 names I kept saying "who?" Brown never even reached 1k rushing yards in his career and was only at UT for that single season, Nu'Keese Richardson a one year dud didn't even have a TD catch. Janzen Jackson appeared to be a NFL guy in the making, but we all know where that ended up.

Special team-Vols
DBs- Vols
LB-Even
DL-Gators
DC- Gators
RBs-Vols
Wr- even
OL- Florida
Qb- Vols
OC- Florida
HC- Florida

Not agreeing with Florida having a better OC unless you're saying Mullen is their DeFacto OC, in which case you could make the same argument that Pruitt is a better DC than Grantham.

It’s funny to me that people think Kiffin would have been successful here. Is it because of all that success he had at USC?
eh, there was a really good vibe about the program that season. nobody walked away from the FL game that year thinking we were terribly far off from maybe knocking them off. coulda/woulda/shoulda beat Bama in Tuscaloosa.....and the USCe/GA games were absolutely awesome.....

i remember thinking very positively about the direction of the program at that point.....

how it ended, well, that takes all the shine off obviously....and USC's situation wound up being really, really bad........

no one can say for sure how a 5+ year tenure would have gone under Kiffin. but it sure felt like it was going in the right direction.

i absolutely loved the brash/cocky nature, and that he went and backed it up with the play on the field. he was the anti fulmer in that regard, and for a program that had been the butt of it's fair share of spurrier jabs over the years, i was totally fine with us being the new "brash, talk about beating you, then going and do it" type team.

anyway...didn't happen, the rest is history.

i've had a little fun with this story today, and while personally, i would have been fine with hiring him back this last go around, i don't see any conceivable way this university ever actually hires him back. and that's probably the right thing to do in the end.

so, moving on......let's go Pruitt!

Reactions: barrylee
nah, he'll be here next year, rightfully so. dont' get it twisted, i'm not calling for pruitt's head.

just a little fun.

10 years later, i just don't hate Kiffin anymore....i should. just don't....administration was more to blame than anyone.
twas a joke :)

I've never had hate for the guy. If I were in his shoes at a job and my dream job opened up, I would probably take it as well.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Kiffin started this chain reaction. Dooley wouldn't have been hired had lane not left us scrambling .
still, even with that being true....our administration made it extremely easy for him to be poached...and i'm still not sure what, if anything, we did to try and keep him...or if we even had the opportunity?

bad situation from the jump. just didn't know it until it was waaay too late.

Not agreeing with Florida having a better OC unless you're saying Mullen is their DeFacto OC, in which case you could make the same argument that Pruitt is a better DC than Grantham.
Doesn’t Mullen call the plays?

If so Pruitt doesn’t so that is part of my reasoning. Also I could argue than Granthams success at Louisville, Miss state and florida has been every bit as impressive as Pruitt with more talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back