Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly that's what worries me about his latest trend of throwing late. BYU didn't have the athletes to take full advantage of it, but I remember watching live and counting at least 4 passes (including both TDs) that should have been picks.
That's been every game the last couple years for JG. His lack of touch has a silver lining, DBs even for SEC teams almost never hang on to his passes.

Does any other program have NATIONAL media still writing articles (that apparently draw reads) about coaches from a decade ago who had a 1 year stay?

I mean...come on.
Yeah......I doubt the media down in Gainesville are writing articles about the good old days of Ron Zook being the head coach.

Yeah......I doubt the media down in Gainesville are writing articles about the good old days of Ron Zook being the head coach.
You could argue that Ron Zook laid the foundation for the epic run of Urban Meyer. He kept that program in a spot where an elite coach could immediately start winning and recruited pretty well, if I remember correctly. I would think most UF fans look back favorably on him in hindsight.

As opposed to Kiffin who demolished our foundation and arguably began our worst decade in history.

He's kind of falling apart at FAU since Briles left, to be fair though his 2 losses this year are UCF and at Ohio State.

He's kind of falling apart at FAU since Briles left, to be fair though his 2 losses this year are UCF and at Ohio State.
well, if Taggart continues on his pace, Briles should be looking for a job too by then. we just get the band back together again here.

this is fun.

I’ve never felt better about Tennessee football than the brief Kiffin era. That guy was recruiting the way it’s supposed to be done here.
agreed. but i think this staff is recruiting at, or maybe even a little better level, than those guys did.

they did have several pretty big busts in that class. took some risks that just didn't pan out.

but as for hte direction of hte program, i agree. i still maintain had he stayed, we'd of run the east for the next few years.

Reactions: barrylee
nah, he'll be here next year, rightfully so. dont' get it twisted, i'm not calling for pruitt's head.

just a little fun.

10 years later, i just don't hate Kiffin anymore....i should. just don't....administration was more to blame than anyone.

nah, he'll be here next year, rightfully so. dont' get it twisted, i'm not calling for pruitt's head.

just a little fun.

10 years later, i just don't hate Kiffin anymore....i should. just don't....administration was more to blame than anyone.
I don’t hate Kiffin - he took his dream job. We’d all love to do that.

But I’d never hire him here again - he left us high and dry, he alienated Fulmer and that whole group, and honestly some of the shine has worn off down at FAU. He’s a good coach. But he ain’t a great one. He should stay there as long as they’ll have him.

Reactions: chargervol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back