Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs the first team offensive line too.

That's the thing, Maurer and Shrout played with 2nd/3rd string guys. Put in the 1's and I bet we see a better performance. Honestly, I didn't like Shrout as much as Maurer. Seeing Shrout rug-burn one of his pass on an easy route quickly deflated any confidence I had in him.

As bizarre as it sounds, aside from the ball being sprayed all over the field like a cheap sprinkler, I liked what I saw 😂
Oddly enough, I think that’s what I like about him. He ain't afraid to let that thing zip. I believe his accuracy and timing will only get better with age and experience.

Reactions: SmokinBob
That's the thing, Maurer and Shrout played with 2nd/3rd string guys. Put in the 1's and I bet we see a better performance. Honestly, I didn't like Shrout as much as Maurer. Seeing Shrout rug-burn one of his pass on an easy route quickly deflated any confidence I had in him.

Have to let QB2 play with the OL 1s.

And a couple should have been caught but were dropped. Not every throw is going to be perfect. But I would like to have seen him play at least a possession with the first team just to see how he did.

I’m disappointed in JJ Peterson. Jeremy Banks spent plenty of time last year at running back and seems to be ahead of Peterson at the linebacker position. I know Peterson has had injury issues since he’s been on campus but I figured a year under our S&C program would do him fine. It seems like he won’t reach the potential his offer list portrayed but it is still a bit early to tell.
As long as there is continuity with the coaching staff and JJP keeps grinding, he will be either 1. the football player we all expected at some point or 2. the type of depth we desperately need to compete with the best. Talent is not the issue. Just need to get the kid playing smart and more importantly FAST. He’s still young. I haven’t given up hope on him yet.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I identify as an Asian. Don’t come at me with your white cold tolerance privilege. 😂
Is it because you're actually Asian, or are you just on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to endowment?

Preemptive "That's racist!".

And a couple should have been caught but were dropped. Not every throw is going to be perfect. But I would like to have seen him play at least a possession with the first team just to see how he did.

Yep. The kid has some obvious talent, imo. Kid was amped and timing was the main problem. Had a couple of drops as well.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol

Hence why I mentioned they played with 2nd and 3rd stringers. I think they would look different playing with the 1's. How much different I don't know.

I now understand why Shrout had so many interceptions in HS. He is as wild as a March Hare
For all the bad things about JG, he has spoiled us when it comes to INT. Fan base would have Shrout's head on a pike after one half of multiple INT. We aren't good enough to survive turnovers, and that's probably the only reason JG still has a job. His WR can't catch a lot of his passes, but the other team can't catch any of them haha.

For all the bad things about JG, he has spoiled us when it comes to INT. Fan base would have Shrout's head on a pike after one half of multiple INT. We aren't good enough to survive turnovers, and that's probably the only reason JG still has a job. His WR can't catch a lot of his passes, but the other team can't catch any of them haha.

Sadly that's what worries me about his latest trend of throwing late. BYU didn't have the athletes to take full advantage of it, but I remember watching live and counting at least 4 passes (including both TDs) that should have been picks.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back