Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Maurer leaves. We are basically left with an inconsistent JG and unproven Bailey (even though I think he will be a stud). Everyone else is not viewed as a threat to really take over. This would not be good. Maurer could be very good with coaching and another year to get bigger. We need him to stay.
Still not sold on Maurer

Reactions: jcknight1
Didn’t read but Brandon thinks everyone is elite and Tennessee must get them. To include guys we aren’t pursuing and haven’t for months.

Probably.
That wasn’t written by Brandon. It contains information about Evans, Beckwith and a great note about Butler.

If Maurer leaves. We are basically left with an inconsistent JG and unproven Bailey (even though I think he will be a stud). Everyone else is not viewed as a threat to really take over. This would not be good. Maurer could be very good with coaching and another year to get bigger. We need him to stay.

Had to make sure you wasn't hank on that one...

JG helped us win 8 games, we're fine even if he is the guy next season. JT against USC looked as good if not better than Maurer did in any game he played.

We will be Aight. We still have 5 Qb’s (JG debateable). At least one of them will be capable of being an average Qb this year.

Missed memory for sure. Who knows what heights Croce would of attained. Probably Bob Dylan level.
That's probably going a little bit too far he'd have to write thousands of songs to equal Dylan and Croce still hadn't really attempted any very deep subjects.

I initially scoffed at paying $30 for a pair of underwear .... but let me just say money well spent - especially if you work out. Duluth Trading Company for the win.
I got a couple of pairs of that. They're pretty nice, but there's more comfortable options cheaper.

Had to make sure you wasn't hank on that one...

JG helped us win 8 games, we're fine even if he is the guy next season. JT against USC looked as good if not better than Maurer did in any game he played.
Our defense and receivers won us games. Every team who had a good defense shut down JG. The bowl game should have been a blow out and the only reason it wasn’t was JG. Yes JG helped us win some games, but he also contributed to the losses as well. He is too inconsistent with his play. We won’t win more than 8 with him as QB.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Agree - the good news is that can be fixed...stronger passes, focus, attention, and communication.
yeah, they really struggled handling the ball and passes were lazy.....both can be fixed.....but mercy, that was a bad showing from a fundamentals standpoint....missed several layups in there as well, and they didn't react well when Uconn played them really tight man to man. Uconn's speed showed up on defense big time, and really caused our bigger kids problems.

still, thought it was a pretty decent showing all in all....with as many turnovers as we had, you'd think it'd of been a 30 pt blow out....not a come from behind W for uconn. siap, they're gonna be sick when they watch the tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back