Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw something this morning that 10 cities in China had been closed and some 35 million people quarantined in those cities because of the coronavirus. How crazy is it that the approximate population of Canada lives in 10 Chinese cities....10!!!
Saw that. How can that possibly work?

I saw something this morning that 10 cities in China had been closed and some 35 million people quarantined in those cities because of the coronavirus. How crazy is it that the approximate population of Canada lives in 10 Chinese cities....10!!!

Those numbers have already gone up. It’s spreading like crazy. There’s an awesome ICU nurse in the PF posting info on the virus and folks are posting worldwide info articles.

Thanks for the advice but I think I will stick around here for awhile.

We hope you do. But while you are here just realize that this is the catch all thread in the RF. Yes, a lot of recruiting talk is in this thread. Yes, a lot of football talk is in this thread. But there is also talk of the most random subjects that we can think of. You can name almost any debate topic, and it’s most likely been debated here already, minus politics. From dog farts to shooting at cows (pew pew), it’s probably been talked about. Welcome to the off-season.

Hey guys, remember this workout photo? Hopes were very high.

3687911.jpg
Back when Butch had a real strength coach. The single most stupid mistake he made in his tenure!

I think Dungy provided him a good defense while he provided the offense. They made a pretty good combination. Manning did get drafted into very poor head coaching talent.

Wasn't the case in Indy though, the 2006 SB season the Colts D was ranked in 23rd for points against.

What you should really be saying is Peyton Manning provided Dungy 85-27 and the HOF because of his time there. He wasn't an elite coach in Tampa. 96-54 for just 56.3% win and had never won more than 11 in a season. Takes the Indy job and his worse season (his first) they still win 10 games.

Make no mistake about it Peyton Manning didn't NEED a great coach he made his coaches better.

Dungy from 56.3% winning percentage to 75.9% with Peyton - 1 AFC & 1 SB Championship
Jim Caldwell 66.6% winning percentage with Peyton to 47.5% without - 1 AFC Championship
John Fox before Peyton 50.7% with Peyton 71.9% post Peyton 29.2% - 1 AFC Championship
Gary Kubiak before Peyton 48.8% with Peyton 65.6% - 1 AFC & 1 SB Championship

Does Brady help Bill? Absolutely, but the fact we've seen Peyton elevate 4 different coaches to championships is just remarkable and if anything further proof of why he is without question the GOAT.

In an average football stadium there are 1,242 items that Harrison Bailey could use to beat you...including the stadium itself.

Harrison Bailey does tug on Superman's cape, he does spit in the wind, he does pull on the mask of the Lone Ranger and he definitely does mess around with Jim.

Harrison Bailey does tug on Superman's cape, he does spit in the wind, he does pull on the mask of the Lone Ranger and he definitely does mess around with Jim.

It's Jim?

Man do I have egg on my face. I guess this means I can drink some Gin though, was always weary of messing around with it before now...

This has the possibility of being a really bad one.
2 cases confirmed in US. One north of Seattle and one in Chicago.
We have the best organization in the world to deal with virus’s like this. Two confirmed cases in a country over 300 million. Both patients are in satisfactory condition. Don’t let Hollywood movies about epidemics panic you.

Last edited:

If Maurer leaves. We are basically left with an inconsistent JG and unproven Bailey (even though I think he will be a stud). Everyone else is not viewed as a threat to really take over. This would not be good. Maurer could be very good with coaching and another year to get bigger. We need him to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back