Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure like to give Hank a lot of grief even though he is one of the few people on here who actually work for the NFL and earns a living from football... I am not a football expert by any means but I do know a few VFLs and ones that talk to Fulmer to this day. They do not think JG can lead us past the big boys. They were fed that JG had turned the corner and was going to shock the world this past year. Obviously he did not and still has the same issues. I do not care about beating Vandy and Mizzou. I care about beating UGA, UF, and Bama. Let’s just all hope Bailey is the real deal and runs away with the job.

I don't value Hank's opinion any more (or less) than other people just because he works for the NFL. The hell does that matter? I watch the same games on Saturday as they do and I form my own opinion from it. I don't need them to validate my thoughts on the matter.

You're worried about losing Maurer whom quite a few fans fell in love with (backup syndrome) for what exactly?

Agreed with this except I care about beating Vandy and Mizzou.
Lol! Well of course! I meant it as I expect to beat those teams as a program of our caliber should. And I expect us to be competing with the big boys and winning those as well. Not every year, but I don’t think they should ever hold a five year streak on us.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Lol! Well of course! I meant it as I expect to beat those teams as a program of our caliber should. And I expect us to be competing with the big boys and winning those as well. Not every year, but I don’t think they should ever hold a five year streak on us.
sad part is, aside from UGA, both FL and Bama rivlaries have always been that way....like...always.....

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I saw something this morning that 10 cities in China had been closed and some 35 million people quarantined in those cities because of the coronavirus. How crazy is it that the approximate population of Canada lives in 10 Chinese cities....10!!!
Its unprecedented. Never has happened. It is scary as hell. The thing is if someone has it, it is dormant for like a week. And if you cross paths and breath the air that the person let out, you have it. It is going to spread faster than the Australian wildfires.
Let us pray.

Had to make sure you wasn't hank on that one...

JG helped us win 8 games, we're fine even if he is the guy next season. JT against USC looked as good if not better than Maurer did in any game he played.
JG helped us win one game, Missouri. He was primarily responsible for 3 losses at minimum. The other games we won despite JG.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
This will not end well

He’s at his dream job and no one is trying to hire him away. She me what your can do without a Heisman qb and your coordinators and let’s talk
...and your recruiting guru is gone now too.

certainly don't blame LSU tho.

but i agree. i think this ultimatley ends badly....could be Gene Chizik part deux.

I don't value Hank's opinion any more (or less) than other people just because he works for the NFL. The hell does that matter? I watch the same games on Saturday as they do and I form my own opinion from it. I don't need them to validate my thoughts on the matter.

You're worried about losing Maurer whom quite a few fans fell in love with (backup syndrome) for what exactly?
So if an NFL analyst or former NFL player tells you that they don’t think a player is very good, you would disregard it because you happened to watch the games as well? I don’t get that. And it’s not that I think Maurer is the savior. We know what we have in the others. JG is inconsistent and a head case. The coaches don’t trust JT and has not shown much. You don’t know what you have fully yet with Maurer as he needed a year to get bigger and develop. He could still be very good. My hope Bailey is every bit the five star QB and takes the job day one.

Reactions: JacketVol
...and your recruiting guru is gone now too.

certainly don't blame LSU tho.

but i agree. i think this ultimatley ends badly....could be Gene Chizik part deux.

LSU is always gonna lock down their state tho so that makes that job was easier. So they are going to be top of the conference roster wise virtually every year. Just have to get solid QB play to win 10 games.

So if an NFL analyst or former NFL player tells you that they don’t think a player is very good, you would disregard it because you happened to watch the games as well? I don’t get that. And it’s not that I think Maurer is the savior. We know what we have in the others. JG is inconsistent and a head case. The coaches don’t trust JT and has not shown much. You don’t know what you have fully yet with Maurer as he needed a year to get bigger and develop. He could still be very good. My hope Bailey is every bit the five star QB and takes the job day one.

Look, I see you're completely changing the topic to try and paint me in a corner. I'll say it plainly because apparently you didn't get what I mean.

I am my own man, if a player is bad then I can find the proof myself. I don't need a NFL analyst to tell me **** about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back