Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure if we lose Weinke AND Rocker, O gets elevated and the play is probably Hardesty.

Since you'll need to pay 3 instead of just 1. Think Pruitt might be playing a little wait and see and just focusing on finishing strong with these last 2-4 recruits.

Reactions: HeadVol77
I love how the VQ articles, while informative, leave you less certain than you were before you read it.

Could’ve easily just posted a gif for candidates...

View attachment 256174
lol, i know...while i appreciate Ron posting them...i was thinking the same thing about the Callahan updates he posted in the player threads today as well......

Reactions: Brillovol
He doesn’t want to name a RB coach until he knows what else if anything needs filled or extended. So he will know if he can spend or not. He may need some of that Yac money for another spot. RB is a position that you can buy cheap and get a good young one if you have to.
agreed. and with both of those contracts expiring next Friday....i'd expect things to get settled (at least on who's staying or going) before then lol.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I'm not real sure how I feel about VQ...apparently they knew about the Hardy thing before it broke, but didn't want to step on the kid's moment?

Or at least that's what it sounded like Brent was imply yesterday on the Sports Animal. That's kind of confusing, being the line of work they are in.

They can't remove all mystery or they would lose their audience.
i know...and i realize that not every follows recruiting as closesly as some of us do, so they're good "catch up" updates for the less involved.....plus they have to keep the juicy stuff behind the pay wall........................lol.

I'm not real sure how I feel about VQ...apparently they knew about the Hardy thing before it broke, but didn't want to step on the kid's moment?

Or at least that's what it sounded like Brent was imply yesterday on the Sports Animal. That's kind of confusing, being the line of work they are in.
price talked about that on Tuesday. they knew either on Friday or Saturday before it "broke" but once that screen shot got put on twitter, it was game over, especially after Hardy posted the "i didn't sign" tweet in response to it.....then it was some combination of VQ, Swain and twitter in general that got the ball rolling on outing him officially.

totally bizzare situation........

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Kid deserved his moment ruined
Sorry not sorry.

price talked about that on Tuesday. they knew either on Friday or Saturday before it "broke" but once that screen shot got put on twitter, it was game over, especially after Hardy posted the "i didn't sign" tweet in response to it.....then it was some combination of VQ, Swain and twitter in general that got the ball rolling on outing him officially.

totally bizzare situation........

I felt a bit like they wanted to try and milk it, since he was a high profile recruit that drew attention/clicks. I don't know if I'd try to claim a moral high ground on that situation, when they knew probably should have posted a story or something. Then later when it breaks people will know who knew first.

I don't know, I think Hardy transfers outta Auburn and likely ends up a bust. I mean I'd rather see the kid have success, but to handle the situation the way he did tells me there's gonna be more issues that prevent him from really being an elite player.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

Williamson may be out of the class?

It is going to be an interesting last week and a half leading up to NSD. We only have a few spots and if the coaches think they can get a blue chipper or two then they have to do what is best for the program. Recruiting is rough sometimes.

I felt a bit like they wanted to try and milk it, since he was a high profile recruit that drew attention/clicks. I don't know if I'd try to claim a moral high ground on that situation, when they knew probably should have posted a story or something. Then later when it breaks people will know who knew first.

I don't know, I think Hardy transfers outta Auburn and likely ends up a bust. I mean I'd rather see the kid have success, but to handle the situation the way he did tells me there's gonna be more issues that prevent him from really being an elite player.
well, i think it's probably good for business for the guys at VQ and 247 to keep things under wraps since relationships with the prospects is the lifeblood of their business....if they don't trust those guys on some level, they dont' get access to them.

it's also good for business to keep stories alive as long as you can...so i see both sides.

as for Hardy, it just seems that more times than not, kids that have this much drama and require so much attention just don't work out the higher the stakes get. he's talented enough to be really good....but like you, i could see him just fading if things don't go his way or go well, early.

It is going to be an interesting last week and a half leading up to NSD. We only have a few spots and if the coaches think they can get a blue chipper or two then they have to do what is best for the program. Recruiting is rough sometimes.
yep. if we get 2 or 3 of the guys we're really on right now...success!

but it's entirely possible Evans, Wideman and Beckwith all wind up elsehwere.

if it's drama you like...it's drama you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back