Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like if we win Saturday it will be a totally different finish than last year and we will surge and get 6 wins.
I agree with this but I feel like we’ll get kicked in the stones due to our current QB situation. Hope like hell we find a way to get 6 wins.

To be fair TBA does all that

I haven't been to TBA in a while, but I have never seen them play music during the actual game. NBA is a totally different experience. The playoffs in the NBA are fun, but the NBA is pure entertainment, basketball or not.

You can see CJP tell them to press on with the play, but the refs absolutely refuse to break up their "fake" cheating-azz conference (and they never look at the spot, MFs!) until finally Saban gets his new ref-dependent personnel and set in place. Then CJP just gives the wtf gesture.

Btw, pause the video and look at the overbalanced line left plus the WR: four blockers on two defenders. And #9 scoring.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Hype factor imo for the players.

I'll admit it was kind of cool, but more than that - kind of intimidating. You see all the lights flashing off and on and hear "we will rock you" as you just try to talk to your position coach or teammates over all the noise...not very welcoming or calming. The home team feels like they are about to go to battle and the away team feels like they are in a maddening battle arena where all the spectators want to see the lion eat the man.

After seeing that, I think this would be an advantage for any home team, if done right. Of course some programs will botch it too.

The Bama Factor helps too. All the lights and hype would just feel silly, say, in Nashville, when 70% of the crowd is for the visiting team.

I suppose, but it was obnoxious to watch on tv.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Lmao...they never looked at the spot of the ball.
I believe it was simply whether it should have been on the 5 or 3. They weren't really checking the spot, per se. The head judge called out the wrong thing (15 yard penalty). Total effing amateur hour!

I haven't been to TBA in a while, but I have never seen them play music during the actual game. NBA is a totally different experience. The playoffs in the NBA are fun, but the NBA is pure entertainment, basketball or not.

There wasn’t music during the actual game Saturday

Tba has all modern music, videos and lights and such before the game and some to a lesser degree during TOs

Last edited:
I believe it was simply whether it should have been on the 5 or 3. They weren't really checking the spot, per se. The head judge called out the wrong thing (15 yard penalty).

I thought it was half the distance to the goal unless in the end zone ?

Dear Lord this is sickening that fans want to put words in Trey Smiths mouth that clearly weren’t there

Really sad

Quit being dramatic @BruinVol its a forum.these are my words not all of Volnations.i can promise you this though,you and about 2 other posters on here are the only ones left defending him after what he did against bama.so I really hope you and your “JG Fan girl club” have pre written responses to all of the S**t comments he will bring after Saturday When and if he actually does start.😁👍🏽

1571774900671.gif

Reactions: bignewt
Quit being dramatic @BruinVol its a forum.these are my words not all of Volnations.i can promise you this though,you and about 2 other posters on here are the only ones left defending him after what he did against bama.so I really hope you and your “JG Fan girl club” have pre written responses to all of the S**t comments he will bring after Saturday When and if he actually does start.😁👍🏽

View attachment 232979
Well your words are dead wrong. And a sad representation of what a fan shouldnt be

Just a sad sickening take putting words in Trey Smiths mouth

Last edited:
I thought it was half the distance to the goal unless in the end zone ?
I think DPIs are an exception. That is why a DPI in the end zone is on the 1. And a DPI play starting from the 10 and occurring on the 1, also gets you to the 1.

Here it was from the 18. Occurred on the 5, so it was spotted on the 5. DA head judge called out 15 yard penalty (NO!). Head judge didn't make it clear where foul occurred and confusion ensued. Pathetic

Hype factor imo for the players.

I'll admit it was kind of cool, but more than that - kind of intimidating. You see all the lights flashing off and on and hear "we will rock you" as you just try to talk to your position coach or teammates over all the noise...not very welcoming or calming. The home team feels like they are about to go to battle and the away team feels like they are in a maddening battle arena where all the spectators want to see the lion eat the man.

After seeing that, I think this would be an advantage for any home team, if done right. Of course some programs will botch it too.

The Bama Factor helps too. All the lights and hype would just feel silly, say, in Nashville, when 70% of the crowd is for the visiting team.
I don't think it should be legal to turn the lights off during the game. Exactly for the reason you mention: coaches and players are working.

If they want to do it during halftime who gives a f

I think DPIs are an exception. That is why a DPI in the end zone is on the 1. And a DPI play starting from the 10 and occurring on the 1, also gets you to the 1.

Here it was from the 18. Occurred on the 5, so it was spotted on the 5. DA head judge called out 15 yard penalty (NO!). Head judge didn't make it clear where foul occurred and confusion ensued. Pathetic

Ok so the rat official I was so mad at really should have ask for Clarification?

He just did it way too late if that’s the case

I believe it was simply whether it should have been on the 5 or 3. They weren't really checking the spot, per se. The head judge called out the wrong thing (15 yard penalty). Total effing amateur hour!
What's your size? I'll send you a bammer hat.

There wasn’t music during the actual game Saturday

Tba has all modern music, videos and lights and such before the game and some to a lesser degree during TOs

That's what I was referring to about the NBA...they do all of that during the actual game. I know they didn't play the lights at Alabama during the game. They did it between quarters but even that is a departure from just doing it pre-game.

I don't think it should be legal to turn the lights off during the game. Exactly for the reason you mention: coaches and players are working. If they want to do it during halftime who gives a f
Yeah I didn't notice it during the actual game, but that is fuzzed up. No need for that

View attachment 232979
Bruin gets a lot of grief, but he is right on this one. Nobody deserves all the crap being heaped on JG right now. I was mad as hell Saturday night, but if Coach Pruitt thinks he can help us, then you support your team. It is really not that hard. By all accounts, he is a great human being. He just has not performed at all well in games, especially this year. No need to continuously call him a loser, a traitor, a game-fixer or any of a number of other names I have heard repeated on here ad infinitum. I have been very critical of him and there is no excuse for the terrible decision he made, but that is all it was - a terrible decision. It was not an intentional, look at me, or screw everyone else, that people are portraying it as on here.

I kn
That's what I was referring to about the NBA...they do all of that during the actual game. I know they didn't play the lights at Alabama during the game. They did it between quarters but even that is a departure from just doing it pre-game.[/QUOTE
That's what I was referring to about the NBA...they do all of that during the actual game. I know they didn't play the lights at Alabama during the game. They did it between quarters but even that is a departure from just doing it pre-game.

Interesting that you can play music during the actual game in the nba. I know there is a rule against that in almost all sports

Bands can’t even play when a team is in formation in college football

So, why is it a 13 yard penalty? Half the distance to the goal would be at the 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back