Recruiting Football Talk VII

Meachem, Marcus Nash, Cedric Wilson, Micheal Rivera bit of a head case but could catch the ball from TE position.. just to add more to the list..
I thought we were just doing WRs..if you're doing TEs then Witten vastly better than Rivera...Witten is an all time great TE period.

i wonder if the smoke about tamu heading back to bg12 is real and if theyll take that shitbird misery with them?
Has there anything recent coming out saying they might go back to the Big 12? I had seen something back in the spring linking them and Arkansas rumored to go the Big 12.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackcrevol
I’m not blaming the players. We just have not had a decent corner since Alontae to play in man regularly which generally opens up big plays and coverage options that can confuse opposing QB’s. Guys like Tank are not fast enough to cover up corners gettting beat which happens to the best. I wish we had better DB’s but we don’t and I’m not ready to go back to the days when guys like Coleman give up 70 yard bombs. We have not really had guys giving up huge plays the last few years. I see that as a win. I suspect Banks would love to mix coverages more and hope the young guys allow him to do so. But you’ve punted on every question anyone has asked you. You’re in a position to fire someone but no idea about his replacement? 🤷🏼‍♂️
That is 100% blaming the players. Your being intellectually dishonest. "We don't have corners". What does that say about the CBs we have?

When a defense plays poorly its either the players or the coaches or a combination of both. I've admitted our roster isn't the greatest (he bears some of the blame for that too considering the portal). His job is putting his players in the best position to succeed. He's not doing that imo. You're welcome to claim that he's got nothing to work with.

Meachem, Marcus Nash, Cedric Wilson, Micheal Rivera bit of a head case but could catch the ball from TE position.. just to add more to the list..
You went with Rivera at TE over Witten?? You, Mr. "The Cowboys are the greatest!"?

Rivera's sister was a very pretty girl, may she RIP. Tragic story.

That's a tough question..I will go with Pickens, Hyatt, Peerless...and..Joey or Robert.
Hyatt had a great Junior season no doubt, but he isn't even in top 10 in career receptions at Tennessee..

Anthony Hancock who played when throwing the ball wasn't top priority has more career receptions than Hyatt..

Hyatt may have had the best season ever but others had a better career..

You went with Rivera at TE over Witten?? You, Mr. "The Cowboys are the greatest!"?

Rivera's sister was a very pretty girl, may she RIP. Tragic story.
Someone else mentioned Witten just added Rivera as a good TE,well he was for the Raiders in NFL..

Reactions: Weezer
I love Willie though,
Nothing_Seinfeld.gif

I don't judge.

I always thought Carl Pickens was one of the best football players at Tennessee. I remember him and Chuck Webb sharing MVP honors for our Cotton Bowl win over Arkansas on January 1, 1990. 31-27.. Pickens had 2 interceptions as a Safety for us in that game, and Webb ran wild that day, like more than 200 yards. It amazed me that Pickens played safety in that game, and shared MVP honors.

I usually claim 4 National Championships... 1938, 1939 - The last time a team went undefeated and unscored upon during the regular season, 1951, 1998... Probably could make a case for claiming 1950, but I usually stick with the four I have mentioned above.
Claim all of them! AL does.

Haha..I have always done that to make my wife feel better because she is 10 months older than me...lol.
My husband does that. Drives me crazy the older I get and have to stop and think has he rounded up to what he will be this year before I subtract my two years. That’s too much math.

I always thought Carl Pickens was one of the best football players at Tennessee. I remember him and Chuck Webb sharing MVP honors for our Cotton Bowl win over Arkansas on January 1, 1990. 31-27.. Pickens had 2 interceptions as a Safety for us in that game, and Webb ran wild that day, like more than 200 yards. It amazed me that Pickens played safety in that game, and shared MVP honors.
I was at that game....

VN Store

Back