Recruiting Football Talk VII

Say what you want about the Cowboys, but one of the prettiest football plays I've ever seen was an option to Harper, who was right-handed, but proceeded to pass it left-handed down the field to Irvin for a TD. It was an amazing play, back when I was still a Cowboys' fan, before Jerry Jones ruined everything. I don't like him.
Eh, the 16 yard pass from Aikman that Harper turned into a 70 yard play wasn't to shabby either..set up game clinching TD.. in 1992 NFC Title game..

He asked you a specific question...you still have not answered. Go back up the chain...read the original question that he asked you and answer it specifically. I think it was a good question, but you just want to keep on making it some kind of moral thing about "blaming players".
It was a loaded question. His inference was that we didn't have any players that can play man coverage. It was another attempt to blame the players for his ineptitude. If you can't see that then there's no reason to discuss it.

We may not have the best talent but I think the guys are better than playing 15 yards off the line of scrimmage in 2nd and 5.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Eh, the 16 yard pass from Aikman that Harper turned into a 70 yard play wasn't to shabby either..set up game clinching TD..
Harper's off hand toss has always stuck with me. If I tried to throw with my left hand, I'd throw like @Jackcrevol . That's worse than a girl, btw.

report i read said more money and control of bg12.
No way Big12 is offering more money. But if they want to go....

OIP.ixVUrofMem6ZJf_5HSYEvAHaDO

We don't need that cult in the SEC.

They would adjust but it is amazing that so many are able to pitch like this nowadays.

It is well known that the radar technology is much more advanced today vs then.

Today, they pick the ball up right out of the pitcher’s hand - at its max velocity.

Your posts about how we should be happy never winning championships again.
I did not say that. You know what I meant...it was pretty clear.

Here..let me do what you just did..

Your posts about how you will never be happy unless we win championship.

I want to win championships...but I am 56 years old and we have won exactly 1 NC in my lifetime along with a very few SEC championships...if winning championships was the only thing that satisfied me then I would have almost never enjoyed any Volunteer football teams.

My favorite team of all time is the Sugar Vols...and they were 10-1-2 counting the Sugar Bowl and the only reason they won the SEC is because Florida (who whipped us) could not be the champ because they were on probation.

I don't care though...I love that team, even more than the 98 NC team..because it epitomized everything about Tennessee to me.

I want to win.

CJH is an offensive minded HC, really believe he is fine with an adequate defense..
Theory my team will put up 40+ a game and I believe we hold you to 30 or less, which will work as long as Tennessee keeps recruiting the skill players on offense..
I want Peak Heup offensive explosion.

And I want it paired with ‘97-‘01 level Vol Defenders.

This is what I want.

It was a loaded question. His inference was that we didn't have any players that can play man coverage. It was another attempt to blame the players for his ineptitude. If you can't see that then there's no reason to discuss it.

We may not have the best talent but I think the guys are better than playing 15 yards off the line of scrimmage in 2nd and 5.
Ok..so it's your opinion that we have had the players to play tight mtm coverage..and we just don't because Banks is a dumbass.

For the record...I don't like backing off that far either...but I don't like giving up 70 yard passes in 2nd and 5 two to three times a game either.

I hope the backing off is because they KNOW that could be the likely result.

I want to win championships...but I am 56 years old and we have won exactly 1 NC in my lifetime along with a very few SEC championships...if winning championships was the only thing that satisfied me then I would have almost never enjoyed any Volunteer football teams.

My favorite team of all time is the Sugar Vols...and they were 10-1-2 counting the Sugar Bowl and the only reason they won the SEC is because Florida (who whipped us) could not be the champ because they were on probation.

I don't care though...I love that team, even more than the 98 NC team..because it epitomized everything about Tennessee to me.

I want to win.
If you're 56, you were born in 1967, which would technically mean we've won 2 national championships in your lifetime.

I want to win.
Great post. don’t try to placate the ultimate legions of the miserable bunch on here. Anybody that bitches about the trajectory of our football program right now should be institutionalized, neutered, lobotomized, or exorcised as a vol fan. Maybe all four. Go big orange. Win them all!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back