Recruiting Football Talk VII

I did. I answered the Volnation way. The players suck. Coaches are good. If they didn't have such crappy players it would show how awesome the coaches are.
You still didn't answer that question...try not to be pissed off for a minute...think on it, and honestly answer it.

When people mention great Wide Receivers that played at Tennessee, everybody seems to forget Alvin Harper..

12th draft pick of 1991 NFL Draft...forgot what team he got picked by😏😏😏
I forgot about him when he got drafted by dallas....................

The best thing about that Nico throw to Keyton is he made a similar throw to Ethan Davis in the spring game. He’s putting it exactly where he wants it. Really just an unreal talent
Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs

Ok...I said what I said...I disagree, Tee would have done ok...maybe a little better than Joe, but imo he is not the kind of QB that really makes this offense go.

You say it doesn't take an elite QB...it absolutely takes an elite QB to run this thing at PEAK efficiency...a mediocre QB running this offense is like putting watered down gas in a Ferrari...surely to goodness you ain't gonna argue with that.

I do not and have never had the love affair some of you folks have with Tee...and that is ok. He was a good QB, and that was barely good enough in 98, but it sure as hell wasn't good enough in 99...we needed a great QB that year and he wasn't that.

I appreciate what he did...he did well enough to win us a title, and I will always appreciate that.....I just ain't gonna say he was all that and a bag of chips.
you are talking to the wrong guy…. i’m not a huge Tee Martin fan….. I just feel he would have ran this offense well. Hooker was benched at Va Tech….. Milton was benched at Michigan…. Dillon Gabriel was a mediocre 3* that had this offense rolling…. Bryce Petty low end 3* that absolutely dominated in this offense…The list goes on and on…. It is a system that makes qbs similar to the run and shoot. I think under joe is as bad as this offense will look. I hope teams don’t start figuring out a way to defense it with it starting to gain popularity in college football.

What do I not see...that we have gotten better on defense since Banks has been here?...that is all you bud.
I was never referencing Banks. That was @InVOLuntary . I knew you couldn't see but I thought you'd at least be able to tell me and Invol apart.

My beef is with CWM, but even that wasn't what I was referencing.

You still didn't answer that question...try not to be pissed off for a minute...think on it, and honestly answer it.
Lol, emotion is hard to convey on a message board but I can 100% tell you I'm not/have not been pissed off.

I also did answer his question. He basically said because his players are so bad, Banks can't be a good coordinator. He like many that defend Banks do so at the expense of the players. They excuse his defense by blaming the players. Is that not correct?

that is a damn good hire for LSU. Frankly scary considering how well theyve recruited relative to it being Misery. Dude will be gangbusters at LSU.
They loaded up on transfers that ended up working… i hope his skill is overinflated as a dc and it ends up hurting both teams.

Last edited:
you are talking to the wrong guy…. i’m not a huge Tee Martin fan….. I just feel he would have ran this offense well. Hooker was benched at Va Tech….. Milton was benched at Michigan…. Dillon Gabriel was a mediocre 3* that had this offense rolling…. Bryce Petty low end 3* that absolutely dominated in this offense…The list goes on and on…. It is a system that makes qbs similar to the run and shoot. I think under joe is as bad as this offense will look. I hope teams don’t start figuring out a way to defense it with it starting to gain popularity in college football.
I will say it again...Tee would have done a little better than Joe..but it would still have been like putting watered down gas in a Ferrari.

Whatever Dillon and Petty were ranked outta HS...they outplayed that ranking...they are both better than 3*.

I forgot about him when he got drafted by dallas....................
Say what you want about the Cowboys, but one of the prettiest football plays I've ever seen was an option to Harper, who was right-handed, but proceeded to pass it left-handed down the field to Irvin for a TD. It was an amazing play, back when I was still a Cowboys' fan, before Jerry Jones ruined everything. I don't like him.

Lol, emotion is hard to convey on a message board but I can 100% tell you I'm not/have not been pissed off.

I also did answer his question. He basically said because his players are so bad, Banks can't be a good coordinator. He like many that defend Banks do so at the expense of the players. They excuse his defense by blaming the players. Is that not correct?
He asked you a specific question...you still have not answered. Go back up the chain...read the original question that he asked you and answer it specifically. I think it was a good question, but you just want to keep on making it some kind of moral thing about "blaming players".

VN Store

Back