Recruiting Football Talk VII

he may have not thrown the flag bc squirrel made the catch… if he missed it then he may have thrown the flag…. i thought the refs did a pretty good job.
I agree to a point, but what if they reviewed that and Squirrel bobbled the ball and didn’t get control until he was out of bounds resulting in an incomplete pass. We would be livid.

he may have not thrown the flag bc squirrel made the catch… if he missed it then he may have thrown the flag…. i thought the refs did a pretty good job.
No way that's the reason he holstered the flag. He wasn't calling it no matter what.

That one and a few egregious holding no calls were bad. But we got away with a couple, and overall I didn't think the refs were terrible either.

Reactions: Volnukem
What game were you watching???

Thought the refs did a pretty good job? My ass. They were bad.

Poor officiating has become a bigger and bigger problem, and not just in our games. Though it does seem we get screwed on a lot of calls, or no-calls.

My overall thoughts on this team after last nights game:

Offense: much better, but we still have some really low valleys. We need to ride the running game more. Even tripple option would be nice. Mays being back definitely helped Milton, which makes me think the offense will be better moving forward.

Defense: Why have we not deployed this scheme all year? Pearce is legit. Great game from Hadden, who also kept his composure the entire game.

If this offense can click on at least one more driver per game then we truly could win the rest of our games

UT's rivalry was with Spurrier, not SCAR. Without Spurrier, SCAR is just another SEC team to beat.
Great point. I hadn't thought of that. Seems SCj got the wrong impression by having hired the shadow of a legend for a bit.

With their recent history of hiring UF's litter, we should expect to see SunBilt Betty there in a couple of years.

Officiating is what it is: there is no repercussion for bias, and the networks and conferences want close games for higher ratings and revenue. Schools submit detailed reports every week and they discuss it on their calls, but there is no resolution and big money speaks loudest. With revenue driving everything, the networks are in control, conferences aren't rocking the boat and bias is free to become blatant.
Unless you're Nick Saban/Bama or Kirby Smart/Georgia?

My overall thoughts on this team after last nights game:

Offense: much better, but we still have some really low valleys. We need to ride the running game more. Even tripple option would be nice. Mays being back definitely helped Milton, which makes me think the offense will be better moving forward.

Defense: Why have we not deployed this scheme all year? Pearce is legit. Great game from Hadden, who also kept his composure the entire game.

If this offense can click on at least one more driver per game then we truly could win the rest of our games

1) we were at home in front of a crazy crowd. Huge help to the DL right there affecting communication from OL

2) USCe OL sucks. Have all year. 9 sacks vs UNC.

Defense was awesome but I wouldn’t expect that same performance every time out, especially in road games and even more so if those games are at night (would be a great help if we get Bama and UK during day).

Golf talk is barely acceptable in the offseason, and definitely not during the season. Y'all need to tighten up.
Not to worry. I have a permit.

il_300x300.1296835501_8hok.jpg

VN Store

Back