Realistic expectations now that Solomon is eligible!!!

In reality, I still stand with my 7-5 floor and 9-3 ceiling I have had all along. Just more confident we will not be on the floor.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Assuming no additional significant injuries, somewhere between 6-6 and 8-4. We simply don't have the experienced beef on the lines to compete with the big boys yet.

Until I see otherwise 6-6 is the floor for me, 8-4 is the ceiling. Anything higher than that and I’ll swim buck naked in Lake Erie in January and name my first born child Pruitt

What happened to that linebacker that most in here thought was the second coming for us last season? He came late into the program last year out of shape, figured he would be lighting up the boards with how most of y'all talked about him. Yet that Henry t guy is doing it instead

dobbs4heisman, is that you reincarnate?

You can tell it isn't D4H...............he made to much SENSE!!!

giphy.gif

I feel confident in saying our Defense will be much improved and our record will look like this...

GSU - W
BYU - W
CHAT - W
FLA - W
UGA - L
MSU - W
ALA - L
USC - W
UAB - W
UK - W
MIZ - W
VAN - W

Our glaring weaknesses were the OL and the DL and with the additions of Wright and Morris and the news about Trey the Offense is going to be stout this year. I can’t wait to see what Chaney does with this team. On the defensive side of the ball the news about Solomon was huge because I feel he was the missing piece and Ansley and Pruitt will put together a great defense that will shock some people. My shades are on and all I see is ORANGE!!! Flame away.

It's probable, no one really knows how this team is going to perform. I would like to think CJP can out defense his two buddies, If the OL is better than last year......we could easily be 10-2...........its our depth that always show whether or not UT can hang in November.

Solomon helps us of course...but not for the reason you may be thinking. He isn't going to dominate the SEC. He isn't going to be a tackling machine. He won't get more than a handful of sacks at the very most. But...he will give us good reps and keep the line more rested than it would have been without him. This means we have a better line deep in games. That may very well translate into another win on the schedule. It may be that Solomon allows for a rested Matthew Butler to make a big play or forces a double team on a 3&2 and a LB hits the gap. But, don't look for the kid to ball out and save the world.
I have only seen one DL in my lifetime ball out and save the world for the Vols, that would be one Paul Bain. I feel the multiple times he saved the world helped diminish the amount of times he decided to ball out... heavy is the crown.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I feel confident in saying our Defense will be much improved and our record will look like this...

GSU - W
BYU - W
CHAT - W
FLA - W
UGA - L
MSU - W
ALA - L
USC - W
UAB - W
UK - W
MIZ - W
VAN - W

Our glaring weaknesses were the OL and the DL and with the additions of Wright and Morris and the news about Trey the Offense is going to be stout this year. I can’t wait to see what Chaney does with this team. On the defensive side of the ball the news about Solomon was huge because I feel he was the missing piece and Ansley and Pruitt will put together a great defense that will shock some people. My shades are on and all I see is ORANGE!!! Flame away.
If we go 10-2 Pruitt will be. National Coach of the year and considerations for playoff berth. I hope your right!!!!

Please make it stop.....

The insanity has soared to new levels on here today.
It is Weds Game Week Optimism Day..Otherwise known as Prime the Sunshine Pumps Day Happens every Game Week now. Even Alabama. Well if we can get 5 turnovers etc...Prime the Pumps day started the week right after the Dooley LSU game. :D

So how is an improved defense going to put points on the board? The biggest issue with this team is an anemic offense that can't put up a lot of points or sustain drives.

We will be better, might not mean more wins but maybe less injuries with the added depth, at least I hope so

Solomon is one man. While he should be a major cog in the team machinery, he's not the machine itself, just part of it. That cog could, like B. Kennedy, get dislodged in a single game. So while I share the wild and giddy news we have David's son's namesake, I'm not crazy enough to presume it means the SEC-east (which is could implausibly happen) NCS game for us. We're going to see one heck of a season, I do believe but nothing like the fantasy some of you assume or claim.

But if he is a stud this year, can we please start calling the middle of the line Solomon's Temple?

Reactions: WoodsmanVol

VN Store

Back