Realistic expectations now that Solomon is eligible!!!

kentuckianavol

I feel confident in saying our Defense will be much improved and our record will look like this...

GSU - W
BYU - W
CHAT - W
FLA - W
UGA - L
MSU - W
ALA - L
USC - W
UAB - W
UK - W
MIZ - W
VAN - W

Our glaring weaknesses were the OL and the DL and with the additions of Wright and Morris and the news about Trey the Offense is going to be stout this year. I can’t wait to see what Chaney does with this team. On the defensive side of the ball the news about Solomon was huge because I feel he was the missing piece and Ansley and Pruitt will put together a great defense that will shock some people. My shades are on and all I see is ORANGE!!! Flame away.

Just like any other player, he could get hurt at any time and not be a factor. It absolutely helps that he's eligible and the d-line should be better with him, but he's still unproven. No need to overhype his importance right now.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
We are not beating Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Missouri. And maybe even South Carolina. I think we are one more recruiting class away from saying that. And I mean to say clearly beating them. Now could those games be tight. Yes. Could we pull out Florida, Missouri and South Carolina. Yes. But no way we can clearly say those are wins.

Please make it stop.....

The insanity has soared to new levels on here today.

I'm really happy he can play, but, with all due respect to this young man, he's a defensive tackle and his last name isn't Sapp or even Henderson. He hasn't even established that he was dominating the Big10 at Michigan. I just hope he can control some gaps and keep his linebackers clean. It is extraordinarily unlikely that his availability will move the needle from 6-6 (or even 8-4) to 10-2. We really shouldn't put savior expectations on him.

Year........................................Pos.. G Solo Ast Tot Loss ............Sk Int Yds Av
Michigan Big Ten FR DL....8.....7.......9.....16.......2.............0000000
*2018 Michigan Big Ten SO DL.....2.....1.......2.....3.........0. 00.00

He's a needed addition to our team but he isn't the second coming of Reggie White or Derek Barnett.

One player will never change the outcome of a season, however if/when injuries occur that one player becomes very important but as far as now goes my season prediction is unchanged with this fantastic news

Reactions: tbh and Lurker
Da fuq? I thought you said "realistic". We're looking at 6-6 to 9-3 depending on O/D line play. We don't have the talent to take down UGA or Bama yet and we don't have the depth to steal one from UF in the swamp yet either. It's coming, but it wont be 2019.

VN Store

Back