Pruitts attitude is completely unacceptable

Never said he was good. Just staying he wasn't the reason for the loss. I was much more worried about the defense. The defense was getting pushed around and couldn't cover.

He is a very large component of why we did not score enough points to overcome our terrible defense. This was not Kentucky, this was not South Carolina, this was not even a bargain basement P5 team like Pitt or Oregon State.

It was a bottom tier Sunbelt team that is predicted to end the current season last in the conference.

Reactions: Trent4Pruitt4life
Surely Alabama would pick a stronger program to sabotage like, um I don't know, someone that was actually a threat to become dominant in the conference. Also, if you truly believe this, you should have thought about it before you picked your screen name.
The scream name is sarcasm. It is meant to make fun of those people who right off the bat say we should keep a coach forever.

One thing a lot of people probably forget is when he was hired football program was in horrible shape and really he should have committed to getting to work on it as fast as possible but he insisted on going back to Alabama and coaching the bowl game. That told a lot right there. His loyalties did not lie with the program that just offered him a multimillion-dollar contract. And a lot of Tennessee fans made excuses for it at the time

There is MORE than enough to pile on Pruitt about right now, but now you’re just looking for stuff to add. Staying for your bowl is nothing big. It means you care about the kids you’ve built and invested into and want to finish it with them.

Go pick anything else from the list that’s a mile long.

Tennessee football team lives to party after the game. The culure is sick. Move them back to controlled dorms.
View attachment 221877
I agree. Maybe if the students on campus would shun these players for a week or so after a performance like this it would change. As long as these players are still worshipped and invited to party they probably will never care. I wonder if it's the same mindset at Alabama. Something tells me if Alabama pulled this crap students on campus would be acting a little different

There is MORE than enough to pile on Pruitt about right now, but now you’re just looking for stuff to add. Staying for your bowl is nothing big. It means you care about the kids you’ve built and invested into and want to finish it with them.

Go pick anything else from the list that’s a mile long.
I agree that in a vacuum is not enough. I didn't think a lot about it at the time but when I see the lack of emotion and the way he has treated the fans and the media since he has been here it makes me reflect back. Just my opinion. Sometimes we don't read the tea leaves early.

Reactions: BadgerVol!
I was proud of the way Coach Pruitt handled the beatdown from the start to the end of the game and the presser...he now knows that kicking whiteboards and berating players on the sideline is not the way to coach and like you said he took full responsibility and I believe we'll get better from this beating...still believe we can get to 6-6 (what I picked from the beginning)...if you thought we would really do better, then you may be disappointed...this is just Coach Pruitt's second year...just don't give up on this team yet...lots of ball to play yet...and, as always...

GO BIG ORANGE!

6-6? Show me 6 wins remaining on the schedule

Reactions: OEF VOL
How did Auburn win against the number #11 ranked team in the nation with Bo Nix's paltry 13/31, 177 yards, 5.7 YPA, 2 TDs and 2 INTs stats?

This was Georgia State, and we had to settle for 3 field goals, and couldn't even go for it on 4th and 1 because our QB is bad at making QB decisions. Being a good QB is more than high completion percentages, and good TD/INT rations. You guys have been hanging on the idea that somehow having good individual stats makes JG a good QB, in spite of watching him play with zero instinct.

The defense was terrible, but we should have been able to hang as many points as we wanted on Georgia State, a JG-led offense couldn't even score more than 25 against our horrendous defense, but he would have 62% pass completion and 213 yards.

So what’s your solution? Honest question

If some of you seriously think Bama cares enough about TN football to setup some system to tank them you have lost your mind. Bama needs to worry about more Georgia State teams now than us

This gump acts like he's there just to cash checks. A day ago I thought the idea that he doesn't care was asinine, now I believe it.

He's an Alabama guy that went to Alabama and coached for Alabama... the only reason he would care is how this affects his coaching trajectory. Otherwise, why would he care about being the hand leading his lifetime most hated program into the furthest depths of mediocrity?

I would relish the chance to be paid millions to lead Bama or Florida to losing to a SunBelt team that went 2-10 the previous year.

Based off that Defense, he could be intentionally sabotaging the program. I've thought it even before he took the field last season. The question is, how long are we going to allow him to do it? Dooley stayed way past what he should have, same for Butch. We will make a bowl game but i don't even care if we win 6 games, that's not enough. I want 8 wins or it is over for Pruitt.

There really isn’t any rallying from this, if they win next weekend great ( though pretty unlikely.) this is still a terrible team with terrible coaching. Pruitt had all off season to get ready to kick the **** out of a team they should have beaten by 3 touchdowns sleepwalking and didn’t do it. Kudos to you for finding a way to keep hope alive. In reality there is none for this coach.
Rally off the BYU team, that's funny. This loss isn't going away unless you beat FL and get 8 win season.

Dude GTFO. It’s all on the QB. He checked down played scared and couldn’t sustain drives which GASSED our already mediocre D.

YES our D is mediocre DUH. Therefore we need a QB who can pull the trigger downfield to the STRENGTH of our O and score points and extend drives to give our D a fighting chance.

Quit being Captain Obvious and look through to the actual root causes of this embarrassing debacle. Otherwise we’re stuck in a “rinse / repeat” cycle. It’s like blaming a child for acting out in school when the parents created that mess at home in the first place.
STFU, if there was a better option at QB he would be on the field playing yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't spell that out for you.....I figured that was obvious.

The real issue is this team doesn't have the line play on either side of the ball which is troubling after years of decent to great classes for the o line. The defensive line just doesn't have anyone particularly talented on it by SEC standards.

JG has not played well, he had a rough first game but that doesn't change the fact he was able to piece together decent QB play behind a terrible o line in the toughest defensive conference in the country. It's his until someone takes it from him, and the fact no other QB has taken his place this far tells you all you need to know about who the best option we have is. The most popular guy on the roster when any team is struggling is the backup QB. I would have started that earlier but I was afraid that would come off a little too "Captain Obvious".

You worry about you and I'll continue to eat at the big boys table.

I honestly feel like they game planned to experiment instead of to beat the team in front of us and it backfired. No excuse no matter what.
I feel this to. It was to late when they decided to kick there butt in gear. If they don't don't win next week's game pretty handily the proof is in the pudding with out any doubt.

Reactions: tbones0711
He is a very large component of why we did not score enough points to overcome our terrible defense. This was not Kentucky, this was not South Carolina, this was not even a bargain basement P5 team like Pitt or Oregon State.

It was a bottom tier Sunbelt team that is predicted to end the current season last in the conference.
This is the chicken vs egg argument. I never stated I was satisfied with his play. Just that he wasn't the reason we lost. He has to be better. The defense was absolutely horrible as an entire unit from top to bottom and is much more concerning IMO.

VN Store

Back