Pruitt not benching JG. Says he’s the best QB on the roster

Then we need to be cutting some QBs. If they aren't even worth considering, then how God-awful are they?? And why were they offered to begin with?
They're not awful. They're freshmen. Hopefully they've got upside.

Reactions: Lurker
So once again, we have people on here that know more than the coaches. The coaches run practice's everyday working with the players and they agree on who starts. But people in this forum know more than they do, calling the coaches idiots. This is what is wrong with our society. Stay in your lane people.
You've got former Tennessee guys saying the QB position needs to be opened. Fleming and Swain both agreed.

Do y'all really expect him to say anything else in a press conference? No head coach is going to let a QB who isn't performing keep playing. Internally, I believe this is an entirely different story.
I'm going with this since I can't fathom even someone as bad as IBJ continuing to do something this stupid.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
JG obviously looks better in practice than when it counts. How do we know the youngsters aren't exactly the opposite ? How do the coaches know ? Heck, we could have beat either of the 2 teams we've played with a QB that could execute 6 plays well - we don't have to play someone that we need to open the whole playbook with - just put them in the damn game and let them EXECUTE simple stuff and not throw it to the other team, fumble, slide 3 yds B4 the first down or just outright CHOKE when at game speed !!!!

Live scrimmages in Fall Camp vs our Terrible Defense was all the coaches needed to see. If you can't shine against our defense then you're not ready. Guess JG was the better choice becasue he made the least mistakes.

whats gonna be bad (in a humorous way) is if they do put in the backups to get some reps the next game and the crowd reaction from it

We got really lucky Bentley got hurt or he would still be starting. Muschamp is a hard headed sob and he will get canned if we do not win at least 6 games. I have never seen gamecock fans this pissed. Pruitt has to try something different or he should be fired as well.

You've got former Tennessee guys saying the QB position needs to be opened. Fleming and Swain both agreed.
Don't you think it's been evaluated? I get being frustrated with JG. I don't get assuming there's somebody on the roster that can do it better at this point.

Reminds me of the Will McBride stuff.

Reactions: volgrad500
He did recruit over JG, Redshirt freshman and true freshman, both riding the pine, then add 2020 QB from GA that is suppose to light it up, blah blah blah.
must not be ready to go down that road and send JG packing. He respects his toughness but he has to know that JG has reached his ceiling of improvement and that’s it.

Don't you think it's been evaluated? I get being frustrated with JG. I don't get assuming there's somebody on the roster that can do it better at this point.

I dont'e necessarily disagree with you- but my question would be WHY is there not someone better. Are we really this poor at evaluating and then developing talent?

I think the point needs made that almost no coach would hav benched JG during the BYU game. It was obvious that he was struggling but the team was playing well enough to win and lead most of the game, including that final stretch when the D coverage was blown and set up the tying field goal. JG wasn't perfect (wasn't even close) but he played well enough to get the win. And no coach is going to pull the QB in that situation in that close of a game, epscially when the defense should be able to close out the game.

Pruitt's one big mistake that he is going to have to battle uphill all year against was treating GA State like a scrimmage. That was the time when we should have had a big lead at the half to see how the backup QBs would perform in game situations. We lost that opportunity band have not gotten another one yet.

if CJP had pulled JG against BYU and a backup ended up with a mistake and we lost because of that, everyone would be calling for Pruitt's head for taking a chance when we were already winning.

Pruitt put himself in an untenable position with the GA State loss but that doesn't mean that he hasn't been making solid decisions since. Just an opinion from an admitted amateur. Take it for what it's worth (not much)

Piss poor roster then and why take a transfer that is not any better than the freshmen?

I agree with another poster here that Pruitt isn't going to come right out and say he's benching JG but I'd feel better if he wasn't giving the kid any praise either and making it seem like he's the best option.
I rather he left it at JG is going to have to play better.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Uncle Fester "Pruitt" has his man and so we march onward. I need to own a bar, I'm thirsty.

I think the point needs made that almost no coach would hav benched JG during the BYU game. It was obvious that he was struggling but the team was playing well enough to win and lead most of the game, including that final stretch when the D coverage was blown and set up the tying field goal. JG was perfect (wasn't even close) but he played well enough to get the win. And no coach is going to pull the QB in that situation in that close of a game, epscially when the defense should be able to close out the game.

Pruitt's one big mistake that he is going to have to battle uphill all year against was treating GA State like a scrimmage. That was the time when we should have had a big lead at the half to see how the backup QBs would perform in game situations. We lost that opportunity band have not gotten another one yet.

if CJP had pulled JG against BYU and a backup ended up with a mistake and we lost because of that, everyone would be calling for Pruitt's head for taking a chance when we were already winning.

Pruitt put himself in an untenable position with the GA State loss but that doesn't mean that he hasn't been making solid decisions since. Just an opinion from an admitted amateur. Take it for what it's worth (not much)
Well I guess you are somewhat correct but JG handcuffed Chaney on using more than the top two lines of the playbook.

They're not awful. They're freshmen. Hopefully they've got upside.

Hank Bachmeier - Boise State - 2-0
Sam Howell - UNC - 2-0
Jayden Daniels - 2-0
Bo Nix - 2-0

What do all these QBs have in common? They're all True Freshman and undefeated. How about we stop using the excuse of a player being a "true freshman" as to why he can't start or play any.

Well I guess you are somewhat correct but JG handcuffed Chaney on using more than the top two lines of the playbook.
True....but like I say...the prudent time to deal with that is during the week following the game, not during the 60 game minutes when by every stat, you are on your way to a high probability of a win.

VN Store

Back