Pruitt not benching JG. Says he’s the best QB on the roster

So once again, we have people on here that know more than the coaches. The coaches run practice's everyday working with the players and they agree on who starts. But people in this forum know more than they do, calling the coaches idiots. This is what is wrong with our society. Stay in your lane people.

The level of stupid from our fan base knows no bounds. just twelve days ago, 80% of you guys were nuts for Pruitt, and now he's suddenly an imbecile. I've never been on board with Pruitt, but I'm also not going to berate the guy for his choice of quarterback when he's running the practices.

Like there's never been a coach who hasn't been publicly supportive of a player up until the moment they bench them before. Pruitt may or may not mean what he's saying, but trying to interpret coachspeak is an exercise in futility.
Good point, but interpreting this program and creating controversy is the vol fan way.

Reactions: Voltopia
If Maurer and Shrout are that far behind JG, then how are they even on the team? Why waste spots if they’ll never play and what incentive does either have to stay? How can both be so bad that JG is the best option?
Makes no sense at all

Then Pruitt has likely sealed his fate. Not because he isn’t benching JG now, but because he failed to recruit over him.
Helton was at USC and they apparently liked JT Daniels and Helton didn't have a repertoire with Martinez who had been committed to UT under CBJ. This left the door wide open for Scott Frost to sneak in and steal him away. I was happy to see Colorado kick Nebraska's tail this pas Sat. I think Martinez would have beaten JG out. Pruitt and Chaney have Bailey firmly in-waiting while our lines will only improve. We need receivers like Jarret and several top of the line DLinemen. Pruitt's not going anywhere soon. He's a better coach than many think and knows the type of players we need. Just can't get'em all in one year.

McElroy assumes he can be coached up. There is no evidence of that happening.
McElroy said this morning that Maurer isn’t ready. He said BM can’t identify the Mike LB on D. He said Shrout isn’t ready either and mentioned Shrout not being able to move around well enough. He claims JG is for sure the best option we have. He then went on to say that he thinks we will upset a team or two this year. What he didn’t say is if he was talking about Chattanooga and UAB!

If Maurer and Shrout are that far behind JG, then how are they even on the team? Why waste spots if they’ll never play and what incentive does either have to stay? How can both be so bad that JG is the best option?
Makes no sense at all
Maurer and Shrout both need to transfer if Jeremy Pruitt is saying that

McElroy said this morning that Maurer isn’t ready. He said BM can’t identify the Mike LB on D. He said Shrout isn’t ready either and mentioned Shrout not being able to move around well enough. He claims JG is for sure the best option we have. He then went on to say that he thinks we will upset a team or two this year. What he didn’t say is if he was talking about Chattanooga and UAB!
Screw that Bammer:mad:

Reactions: Alto1 and 4chrissy
I watched it and don't rely on a message board. Please tell me where he said he isn't benching JG?
Going off memory and if I didn't mishear the question but a reporter asked about JG hitting his hand on a helmet or something. Said yeah but he'd be good to go Saturday

VN Store

Back