Pruit has lost this team

I'm confused.

We don't want a coach that claps and pats his guys on the back after a bad play, but we also don't want a coach that yells and kicks a board when his players are lost in their heads.

Our fan base is a conflicted mess. Maybe if we were a positive, cohesive unit it might rub off on the team.
And there it is...."fans fault, fans fault." smh

I knew the O line would struggle once sec play started. WVU destroyed the. UF has a wayyyyyyy superior d line. So why expect magic from the players. Then going for it on every 4th down is crazy. Then he loses his mind on them on the sidelines. Now it's a fumble and 1 play touchdown to open the half. 33-3. Pruit is a first year coach not realizing the team isn't loaded and expecting bama results. This year is over. And this will effect recruiting.
So Pruitt has lost the players that went 4-8 last year, the ones that couldn't block a bad WV front that no one should have expected to block UF.

For clarification, what exactly did he have that he could lose?

So Pruitt has lost the players that went 4-8 last year, the ones that couldn't block a bad WV front that no one should have expected to block UF.

For clarification, what exactly did he have that he could lose?

Really, what did Pruitt have to lose?

Really, what did Pruitt have to lose?

Was he not the thread title topic?

He explained how (particularly the OL) sucked the first game and how it should be expected for a better UF DL to make it even worse. My question is what is he losing (since the thread is about Pruitt losing the team) if they were that bad from the start?

And there it is...."fans fault, fans fault." smh

I never said that, and I'm not sure how you read that into it.

While it isn't the fans fault at all, we can be part of the restoration process. We don't have to shove our heads in the sand and pretend things are going well to be positive towards the players. One can expect improvement without being an ass, and one can be encouraging without handing anyone a participation trophy.

Reactions: MaTaLa
Just out of curiosity, since the overwhelming majority of the players were not recruited by Pruitt to begin with, it is not his team.

So, how could he lose what was not his from the start?

Look, if the kids don’t want to play for Pruitt and the new guard, well.....bye.

I love the way these thread start out with so much discouragement, gloom and doom, somebody feel sorry for me, my team lost so I gotta blame somebody statements so close after the game has end but given a little time most of us start feeling silly placing so much emphasis on a football game that makes us feel like our lives just can’t continue that we finally come back to reality. SURELY THIS IS A GOLD MINE FOR the Psychology department. 🤭🤭JMO of course.

Reactions: screenthis
i guess he wants 3 years to rebuild before getting fired
If he has them competing by year 3, he will have done a great job. It took us 10 + years to get to where we are now. It will take 2-3 years just to get back to being competitive. Butch hurt us by not developing the players he brought in.

I knew the O line would struggle once sec play started. WVU destroyed the. UF has a wayyyyyyy superior d line. So why expect magic from the players. Then going for it on every 4th down is crazy. Then he loses his mind on them on the sidelines. Now it's a fumble and 1 play touchdown to open the half. 33-3. Pruit is a first year coach not realizing the team isn't loaded and expecting bama results. This year is over. And this will effect recruiting.

I think this is a "look at me " stupid post.

Kiffin/Dooley/Butch/JP will get it fixed once they get "their guys" in here. They have to clean up the mess that Phil/Kiffin/Dooley/Butch left us in. I'll trust the process and coach Kiffin/Dooley/Butch/JP
Pruitt runs a pro style offense not a spread, so yes he will need to get his preferred offensive lineman and tight ends to successfully rin that offense. As far as the defense a 3-4 requires monsters in the interior of the d-line and not to mention you need OLB who can get to the QB and we have none of those rn. Say what you want but he’s in dire need of his players

Reactions: tennrich1
I still cant get over the snowflake fans that got all butt hurt that Pruitt got a flag on himself. That is the same as a coach getting a T in basketball. They called him a bully,jerk or whatever. At least he is trying to fight for his players.If you ask me the only 2 people that I have seen to actually give a damn is him and Banks. Do I think Pruitt is the savior of this program ? I have no ideal but he has a better chance if he can find another OC because he is inept in his duties. There are only 4-5 plays in his playbook.

Pruitt runs a pro style offense not a spread, so yes he will need to get his preferred offensive lineman and tight ends to successfully rin that offense. As far as the defense a 3-4 requires monsters in the interior of the d-line and not to mention you need OLB who can get to the QB and we have none of those rn. Say what you want but he’s in dire need of his players
I’m not sure there’s many on this board who understands this. What’s even sillier is I’m not sure many on here want to. You are correct sir. To run the offense and defense Jeremy wants to run will take different type players for the most part that we currently have.

Here's a problem. All these coaches bring in a new offense that never matches then they're admitting it'll take 3 years. Don't expect anything. Then it's all bs. The coaches who come to a program and either keep big portions of the offense and add wrinkles always start winning immediately. Or if they bring the type of offense that compliments the current players and doesn't tank the offense and make it harder on the defense. The ones like Pruit who want to turn the entire pro style from a spread or vice versa always come in losing. Why not give the current group a chance. Tailor the offense to the current players. JP showed he isn't top tier.

I'm confused.

We don't want a coach that claps and pats his guys on the back after a bad play, but we also don't want a coach that yells and kicks a board when his players are lost in their heads.

Our fan base is a conflicted mess. Maybe if we were a positive, cohesive unit it might rub off on the team.
I never played for a coach that wouldn’t kick a whiteboard nor would I want to. If these kids can’t take it ,well.

Here's a problem. All these coaches bring in a new offense that never matches then they're admitting it'll take 3 years. Don't expect anything. Then it's all bs. The coaches who come to a program and either keep big portions of the offense and add wrinkles always start winning immediately. Or if they bring the type of offense that compliments the current players and doesn't tank the offense and make it harder on the defense. The ones like Pruit who want to turn the entire pro style from a spread or vice versa always come in losing. Why not give the current group a chance. Tailor the offense to the current players. JP showed he isn't top tier.

Pruitt is teaching his players that you do what it takes to win. The 4th down plays were planned and practiced. Most were good calls taking advantage of FL D weaknesses. I don’t remember exactly but seems we got one. A receiver dropped an easy catch on another. One was the wheel route that should have scored. Seems ok to me.

Reactions: EODVOL

VN Store

Back