Pruit has lost this team

Why anyone would want to coach is beyond me. It wouldn't be worth the money having all the I want it now people complaining. He told us that it would take us all to be successful but he didn't say success would be now. I am still behind my team and coaches. I don't see changing my mind because I think we have a great staff and that will be proven eventually.

This dude can coach. We don’t have the horses. His success will be determined by how this years recruiting class goes. The little d2 linemen I saw at the vol walk will be digging splinters out of their rears this time next year if all goes well No excuse for turnovers and we had six. I love the fire this guy coaches with.

This dude can coach. We don’t have the horses. His success will be determined by how this years recruiting class goes. The little d2 linemen I saw at the vol walk will be digging splinters out of their rears this time next year if all goes well No excuse for turnovers and we had six. I love the fire this guy coaches with.

I'd call it reckless abandon. It's almost as if he knows he has lost the game before it starts. He was s a gambler, but he ain't winning.

I knew the O line would struggle once sec play started. WVU destroyed the. UF has a wayyyyyyy superior d line. So why expect magic from the players. Then going for it on every 4th down is crazy. Then he loses his mind on them on the sidelines. Now it's a fumble and 1 play touchdown to open the half. 33-3. Pruit is a first year coach not realizing the team isn't loaded and expecting bama results. This year is over. And this will effect recruiting.

Flat out stupid post but like general society there are all types posting on these boards.

The o line sucks. Not JP fault. But the play calling is. This team should not come out trying to throw when the line can't protect. Those turnovers where going to happen. Without those then it's a one score game going into the half. And he goes for it on 4th down more than Spurrier. The onside kick was a panic move. The safety was a direct result from that. The gators hadn't moved the ball down field all game until then. Then when moral is low they catch us in that big play to make it 23-3. By then everyone knew the game was over.

Reactions: 08Vol and Frozevol
I knew the O line would struggle once sec play started. WVU destroyed the. UF has a wayyyyyyy superior d line. So why expect magic from the players. Then going for it on every 4th down is crazy. Then he loses his mind on them on the sidelines. Now it's a fumble and 1 play touchdown to open the half. 33-3. Pruit is a first year coach not realizing the team isn't loaded and expecting bama results. This year is over. And this will effect recruiting.
You have to be the biggest Idiot on Volnation if you think CJP doesn’t realize this team isn’t loaded and expects Bama results.

I don't like totally demeaning our players but Butch Jones just did not leave enough good players. These guys don't know how to win. We saw that last year when our record feel off the cliff. There is a lack of blazing speed at key positions which is key when players aren't fundamentally sound.

The offense basically cost the game and the return game doesn't have any threats unless it's the threat to give the ball away.

It's ridiculous to constantly blame our players for "lack of execution." Head coach Jeremy in-over-his-head Pruitt is the one getting paid millions for this. And yet he'll stand at that podium, act like a prick and all the goats will continue blindly carrying on with their love affair with this "real football coach." Nonsense.
Yes sure , like all that lack of execution on them FSU and Bama teams he Was DC on cost them National Championships ........oh wait they executed and WON didn’t they??

This is absolutely a coaching issue!!! I can’t agree more. Butch Jones recruited most, if not all, of these soft azz pansies that can’t even compete with a downtrodden Florida team, much less beat them! We are reaping the seeds sown the last 4-5 years! Let’s see what happens the next couple of years with good coaching and good recruiting...if we get neither I’m sure our AD will find someone else!
Our AD will find someone else is laughable at this point?

Pruitt took over a team of completely undeveloped players and one that has seen more attrition than any other team in college football and people think he should be able to perform miracles in a few weeks. Pruitt needs to get his players for his system and he needs players that haven't had Butch Jones bs in their heads for 3-4 years. It's a miracle we can get any coach here with a fan base that calls for the coaches job after the first 4 weeks of their first year after taking over a program the previous coach destroyed.

Reactions: BLUTickbusdriver
It seemed pruit accepted the WVU loss because of a power offense. It was almost as if he felt uf was the same level of talent since the games have been close lately and was shocked when the game got out of hand. So now that comes to coaching. We know MUllen is a better coach at this point in time. The first sack fumble was on coaching. That blitz didn't get picked up. The second was a bad play design because to run a screen the d line has to respect the oline. The lineman just hovered. It was like they knew they had to screen at some point.

good, please lose this team and go find us another one...

you always have high hope but when i saw the lineman size difference in the WV game i knew it was gonna be a rough season.

Last edited:
It seemed pruit accepted the WVU loss because of a power offense. It was almost as if he felt uf was the same level of talent since the games have been close lately and was shocked when the game got out of hand. So now that comes to coaching. We know MUllen is a better coach at this point in time. The first sack fumble was on coaching. That blitz didn't get picked up. The second was a bad play design because to run a screen the d line has to respect the oline. The lineman just hovered. It was like they knew they had to screen at some point.
That sack fumble was not coaching. That was Tim Jordan deciding to help Dom block his man instead of picking up his own.

Reactions: VolinMC

We need more fans with this type attitude.....LOL

Seriously, maybe you need a new hobby.....

What most Vol fans want is a way to buy Alabama’s success. What’s the word I’m looking for. Oh yeah. PROCESS. I would think after the last decade people would learn to be a little more patient than the first half of the first SEC game.
It took majors 9 years to get good .. another 8 years to get it rolling for Fulmer to pour gas on it and take it to the next level.

Reactions: VolSummitt44
Not Pruitt's fault, he was our 12th choice at the job so what in hell do you expect. He was a terrible hire and our suffering will continue for years to come. I got no answers for the future. Being a UT fan is pretty damn miserable right now. Truth is, UF is nothing more than a mediocre team at best. UGA will destroy UF so what do you think is headed towards us in Athens next week?

I'm confused.

We don't want a coach that claps and pats his guys on the back after a bad play, but we also don't want a coach that yells and kicks a board when his players are lost in their heads.

Our fan base is a conflicted mess. Maybe if we were a positive, cohesive unit it might rub off on the team.
Oh, shut up.

Yea really shut the front door dude. Good lord, if you think that pathetic excuse for a football team has anything to do with us fans you're just as lost as coach Pruitt is right now. **** off

Reactions: VolFaninFla
To come to the conclusion that Jeremy has "lost this team" after 4 games is like lambasting an official after making two calls in a game for being inconsistent. I know emotions run high right after the game (I propose a 48 hour waiting period after games before starting new threads to keep emotion out of it) but to proclaim he's "lost the team" at this point shows a lack of understanding of what happened. As we've stated multiple times here even Jeremy is telling recruits this year is going to be rough. And that Florida game was rough. Just so the few who thought we would make a magical turn around this year and go 10-2 or whatever will know IT IS GOING TO GET ROUGHER... so as Pat Summit would say "Toughen up Buttercup"....or please go into hibernation for a while...NO WAY ON THE FACE OF EARTH A TEAM CAN TURN IT OVER 6 TIME ESPECIALLY WHERE THEY DID AND EVEN HOPE TO SURVIVE...ain't happening....JMO of course..

VN Store

Back