Projecting the 2022 lineup

I was at the regionals and it was hit right to him...and deflected off his glove for the hr...

Mookie Betts made 4 errors last year in a 60 game season. He's still a great right fielder. Beck had his only 2 mistakes in games everyone was watching. He's rock solid, it was flukey.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Mookie Betts made 4 errors last year in a 60 game season. He's still a great right fielder. Beck had his only 2 mistakes in games everyone was watching. He's rock solid, it was flukey.

Congrats to mookie betts....did I ever say he wasnt rock solid or did I say he wasnt a great outfielder...no I didnt...i was referring to the play where someone posted he got turned around on the 2 errors......and i was stating he didnt get turned around one the 1in the wright st game for the hr... it was a line drive that deflected off his glove for a hr.....thanks for stopping by...

Congrats to mookie betts....did I ever say he wasnt rock solid or did I say he wasnt a great outfielder...no I didnt...i was referring to the play where someone posted he got turned around on the 2 errors......and i was stating he didnt get turned around one the 1in the wright st game for the hr... it was a line drive that deflected off his glove for a hr.....thanks for stopping by...

Someone needs a Snickers.

I was at the regionals and it was hit right to him...and deflected off his glove for the hr...

I was also at the game and hadn't seen the play since. You can see it at the ~15 sec mark of the video below. Looks to me that he did have to run for it and it was indeed a laser shot. One thing I didn't believe at the time while in the stands was that it looks to have been a HR if he hadn't touched it (unlike Canseco...)

Reactions: volz2wallz
no need to apologize, we all get sideways at times….
I love this analogy:

You are holding a cup of coffee when someone comes along and bumps into you or shakes your arm, making you spill your coffee everywhere.

Why did you spill the coffee?

"Because someone bumped into me!!!"

Wrong answer.

You spilled the coffee because there was coffee in your cup.

Had there been tea in the cup, you would have spilled tea.

*Whatever is inside the cup is what will spill out.*

Therefore, when life comes along and shakes you (which WILL happen), whatever is inside you will come out. It's easy to fake it, until you get rattled.

*So we have to ask ourselves... “what's in my cup?"*

When life gets tough, what spills over?

Joy, gratefulness, peace and humility?

Anger, bitterness, harsh words and reactions?

Life provides the cup, YOU choose how to fill it.

Today let's work towards filling our cups with gratitude, forgiveness, joy, words of affirmation; and kindness, gentleness and love for others.

I love this analogy:

You are holding a cup of coffee when someone comes along and bumps into you or shakes your arm, making you spill your coffee everywhere.

Wrong answer.

Therefore, when life comes along and shakes you (which WILL happen), whatever is inside you will come out. It's easy to fake it, until you get rattled.

Today let's work towards filling our cups with gratitude, forgiveness, joy, words of affirmation; and kindness, gentleness and love for others.
Terrific post. Thank you.

Reactions: rockytop36
I love this analogy:

Wrong answer.

If it’s before 9am, I’m spilling coffee, anger, and bitterness.

Lineup

Kyle Booker-CF
Logan Chambers-1B
Coltyn Kessler-C
Drew Gilbert-LF
Jordan BeBeck-RF
Evan Russell - DH
Trey Lipscomb-3B
Christian Moore-SS
Seth Stephenson-2B

Weekend Starters

Blade Tidwell-RHP

Chase Burns-RHP

Chase Dollander-RHP

Midweek/Middle Relief:

Camden Sewell-RHP

Ben Joyce-RHP

Kirby Connell-LHP

Mark McLaughlin-RHP

Closer:

Seth Halvorsen-RHP

The infield and DH guys are pretty interchangeable. Steenstra could also play 1B. Stephenson could also play SS. Moore or Steenstra could play SS or 3B. Lipscomb could play any infield position. Chambers could play 2B or SS. And any of those guys left out of the

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I think Cortland Lawson will be in the hunt for an infield position. I don't know which one because he is a pretty good utility guy. Remember some of these guys have never played at this level and a lot of guys come in highly ranked and recruited. Experience does count for a lot.

I think Cortland Lawson will be in the hunt for an infield position. I don't know which one because he is a pretty good utility guy. Remember some of these guys have never played at this level and a lot of guys come in highly ranked and recruited. Experience does count for a lot.

yep, lots of juice been sitting on the bench P20, lots of guys coming in…

Legoooooooooooooo!

Reactions: NighthawkVol
talk to a friend of Russell's family and Evan was told there would be some slim opportunities at certain positions and that He would be given some looks at a couple positions, The guy looked at me and said Russell "said I accept the challenge". Said Vitello even ask Russell how he turned himself to an elite defender in the outfield , "He said he worked specifically on that position to get better". This guy also said, that He had followed Evan is whole career and talk with many coaches and teammates of Russell's and thay all said "He's the hardest worker they had ever seen".... in sayin that "he will put pressure on others for a position" This guy even said Coaches have said He makes everyone better with his work ethic....man I am pumped and after watching Russell for the last 4 years, it's easy to see this in his style and leadership...I think UT may have gotten a really big piece of the Puzzle back. This guy went on to say , all this goes all the way back to Russell's football days in high school ......Hard work is huge for success in any thing. It's a brand of baseball that's fun to watch for sure!!! Go Vols!!!!

talk to a friend of Russell's family and Evan was told there would be some slim opportunities at certain positions and that He would be given some looks at a couple positions, The guy looked at me and said Russell "said I accept the challenge". Said Vitello even ask Russell how he turned himself to an elite defender in the outfield , "He said he worked specifically on that position to get better". This guy also said, that He had followed Evan is whole career and talk with many coaches and teammates of Russell's and thay all said "He's the hardest worker they had ever seen".... in sayin that "he will put pressure on others for a position" This guy even said Coaches have said He makes everyone better with his work ethic....man I am pumped and after watching Russell for the last 4 years, it's easy to see this in his style and leadership...I think UT may have gotten a really big piece of the Puzzle back. This guy went on to say , all this goes all the way back to Russell's football days in high school ......Hard work is huge for success in any thing. It's a brand of baseball that's fun to watch for sure!!! Go Vols!!!!

Will be great to have Evan around for another year. He has already talked about getting into coaching and you'd have to think he will do quite well based on his approach.

VN Store

Back