Prayers for Bills player Damar Hamlin

That's some scary **** right there. Hope he's okay. The hit didn't look too crazy, certainly not enough to cause that. That was hard to watch. Prayers.

Last edited:
Reactions: davethevol
They save lives. I bought one and have it in my car. They are in Walmart, gyms, just about everywhere. The best thing is they have made them so the basic public can use them. But the basic public can’t handle the stress of the situation.
I have one as well.

In 2006, a senior at my town’s high school was pitching in a softball game. A line drive came right back at her and hit her square in the chest. She died on the field. So rare and so tragic.

Reactions: davethevol
I have one as well.

In 2006, a senior at my town’s high school was pitching in a softball game. A line drive came right back at her and hit her square in the chest. She died on the field. So rare and so tragic.
So tragic. I’m sorry for the family. Glad you have one. Be ready, one day you will need it. If you have any questions let me know. I’ve been in hundreds of cardiac arrests

Reactions: newyorkvol
It’s a rough scene to see someone literally die in front of you. I even need to debrief even after all I have seen. I can’t imagine what the guys on the field are going through. That is some PTSD stuff there. Just three weeks ago I had an unexpected cardiac arrest in an outpatient facility. I was rattled and left after I stabilized the patient for transfer and they were out the door. I was at the hospital to check the next day and on the phone all night. And I’ve seen it too many times. Can’t imagine what the players are going through

Just wanted to add my concern, prayers, and thoughts for Damar and his family and teammates. Praying for the medical staff and all those caring for Damar and providing support to his loved ones, friends, all involved.

It’s a rough scene to see someone literally die in front of you. I even need to debrief even after all I have seen. I can’t imagine what the guys on the field are going through. That is some PTSD stuff there. Just three weeks ago I had an unexpected cardiac arrest in an outpatient facility. I was rattled and left after I stabilized the patient for transfer and they were out the door. I was at the hospital to check the next day and on the phone all night. And I’ve seen it too many times. Can’t imagine what the players are going through
Are you a dr? I may have missed, but I just haven't noticed you talking about working in the medical field.

Are you a dr? I may have missed, but I just haven't noticed you talking about working in the medical field.
Nah man. I was a ICU nurse for 20 years and have been an anesthetist since 2007. I’ve actually resuscitated at lady during the arky game in the rain in 1998. She was on my row and went limp. No paramedics near me. I was 21.

Would you induce a coma if he's already unconscious? Seems to me he's already in a coma, so to speak
Well the breathing tube is a big stressor on an awake patient so you have to sedate them to tolerate the tube. I can cause cardiac stress.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
My title is CRNA
I'm just being nosey, but that's cool. I'm sure you've seen some stuff. My middle daughter will be going to Mercer, she wants to be a PA. During our tour, her admission counselor wanted to talk to her after. She said they were giving her an invitation for an interview to go into their pre med program, and look into becoming a dr. Idk if she does, or gets into it, but that was pretty cool. She had written an SA about my wife, she has bad health issues, and they said along with her grades, that her story about wanting to help people like her mom impressed them. I thought it was cool, maybe that inspired her to help someone, or her story inspires someone else to find answers.

I'm just being nosey, but that's cool. I'm sure you've seen some stuff. My middle daughter will be going to Mercer, she wants to be a PA. During our tour, her admission counselor wanted to talk to her after. She said they were giving her an invitation for an interview to go into their pre med program, and look into becoming a dr. Idk if she does, or gets into it, but that was pretty cool. She had written an SA about my wife, she has bad health issues, and they said along with her grades, that her story about wanting to help people like her mom impressed them. I thought it was cool, maybe that inspired her to help someone, or her story inspires someone else to find answers.

Pre med bro all the way. Be her own boss. It’s a rough ride for a female though. If you want more personal advice I can get your email from freak. Glad to help@joevol33

Sorry my internet skills are lacking at this hour

Reactions: joevol33
Pre med bro all the way. Be her own boss. It’s a rough ride for a female though. If you want more personal advice I can get your email from freak. Glad to help@joevol33
I may definitely hit you up as it gets closer

Reactions: bigdaddy

VN Store

Back