Prayers for Bills player Damar Hamlin

I can’t believe what we just saw. Only thing I can remember similar to this in my time is Hank Gathers. It doesn’t sound good at all, I’m still in shock so I can’t imagine what the players are feeling. Game should be called right now. No way you play. Prayers
Came here for updates. I never really watch NFL, nothing political at all, but it came on after the bowl game, and I just kept it on. Very scary.

Rarely watch NFL, decided to watch it tonight. Unbelievable. I’ve never seen anything like this.

Closest I’ve experienced was when Reggie Lewis died. Wasn’t in a game or on live TV but I remember the cut ins when the word got out. I was 12 when that happened.

A healthy dose of perspective delivered tonight. Prayers up.

Commotio cordis?
Yup, it’s so rare but that’s what it looked like to me and I’ve been doing anesthesia for cardiac for years. As far as I can see everything was done by the book. So his chances are good but you never know. He had a pulse which is good but did the hit cause muscle damage? The got him back quickly and that is key is fast effective cpr then AED so that was done. At that time you secure the airway. Getting out of the VF is priority

Yup, it’s so rare but that’s what it looked like to me and I’ve been doing anesthesia for cardiac for years. As far as I can see everything was done by the book. So his chances are good but you never know. He had a pulse which is good but did the hit cause muscle damage? The got him back quickly and that is key is fast effective cpr then AED so that was done. At that time you secure the airway. Getting out of the VF is priority
Really emphasizes the importance of having an AED handy at sporting events

Reactions: Plecoptera
From what little is being reported and reading between the lines, I’m wondering if they think he’s not going to make it. May God perform a miracle for this young man. He needs it.
I know, no info is tough and concerning. But they are doing tests if he has a pulse. Labs, x rays, a heart Cath, CT, and all that’s assuming he has a stable rhythm. He could be in open heart, he could be in tamponade. Lots of ifs. Just a bad scene.

Reactions: davethevol
Really emphasizes the importance of having an AED handy at sporting events
They save lives. I bought one and have it in my car. They are in Walmart, gyms, just about everywhere. The best thing is they have made them so the basic public can use them. But the basic public can’t handle the stress of the situation.

From what little is being reported and reading between the lines, I’m wondering if they think he’s not going to make it. May God perform a miracle for this young man. He needs it.

I think it’s more an aspect of such a freak, tragic incident that no one was quite sure exactly what happened at the current point.

They save lives. I bought one and have it in my car. They are in Walmart, gyms, just about everywhere. The best thing is they have made them so the basic public can use them. But the basic public can’t handle the stress of the situation.

My last job we had mandatory trainings on how to use them and had 2 on each floor of our office, one on each side of the floor.

Reactions: bigdaddy
I think it’s more an aspect of such a freak, tragic incident that no one was quite sure exactly what happened at the current point.
The good is that the people that respond quickly have seen and treated cardiac arrest and are trained very well (I’m assuming based on personal and local experience) with a pulse things are looking better obviously.

VN Store

Back