Prayers for Bills player Damar Hamlin

Reminded me of Christian Eriksen in the 2020 Euros, though his was non-contact. Hopefully it ends up the same. Eriksen is actually back playing professionally and by all accounts is fine.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Not surprisingly, they (Troy Vincent) are saying that was never instructed and they are unclear where that originated.
I think that's just the default protocol and the initial call was more of a case of straight protocol given the broadcast and what happens during and after a regular medical issue/emergency. I think there was communication between the league, the in house officials/crew and the networks and it was clear and became increasingly clearer playing wasn't the right choice or good for optics.

I don't think there was any malice or arrogance/indifference to the injured or the respective teams. I think whenever there are millions of dollars on the table you don't knee jerk any action. They came to right decision. You can criticize the time it took them to cancel the game but I think taking the time they did was thoughtful and careful. But maybe I'm missing something.

I didn't see the injury, I want watching the broadcast until the very end. Given the grave scene and early info I'm very happy this young man is doing as well as the reports say...... As weird as that sounds after last night this appears like the best case scenario given the circumstances had played out for him. I hope his condition remains stable and then continues to improve! Prayers to he and his family and the his team mates and opponents on the field last night.

I think Troy Vincent and Roger Goodell had a conversation and agreed to give a united front. It's also apparent that the 5 minute warm up thing was a decision made on the field and not by the NFL in New York

How far do shoulder pads extend down the chest? It’s been so long since I’ve worn them that I can’t remember. I wonder if he got hit in the lower part of the heart region in an area uncovered by pads

That hit was nothing extraordinary. Certainly looked harmless enough. Obviously it was not.

Years ago when they developed the gathering rule in the name of safety I noticed a flaw. They only removed the safety issue for one side of the ball. The offense is still allowed to lower the helmet and deliver blows.

I've always said if the intent was to make the game safer you have to apply the rules equally on offense and defense.

That being said this event was just a freak injury, Tee didn't do anything wrong by the rules. But perhaps it's time we have the discussion about the future of the game. What will and don't be allowed. Should we start penalizing players for leading with the helmet or launching themselves on both sides of the ball?

How far do shoulder pads extend down the chest? It’s been so long since I’ve worn them that I can’t remember. I wonder if he got hit in the lower part of the heart region in an area uncovered by pads
I was hearing there is a pad that some players take out not sure.

What I wonder is if he’s severely brain damaged. I really hope not.
I would say since he received cpr from the start bye experts then he shouldn't have any. Now if this would have been us at home we would be dead unless you know cpr and have a defibrillator.

I would say since he received cpr from the start bye experts then he shouldn't have any. Now if this would have been us at home we would be dead unless you know cpr and have a defibrillator.
I certainly hope it’s not the case, but I read an interview with a doctor that deals with this type of stuff, and he was saying that because Hamlin got up on his own after the hit and then collapsed, that his brain might be affected.

I certainly hope it’s not the case, but I read an interview with a doctor that deals with this type of stuff, and he was saying that because Hamlin got up on his own after the hit and then collapsed, that his brain might be affected.

We're closing in on 48 hrs and we still haven't even heard that he can breathe on his own, let alone conscious. Let's hope we hear something like that in the next day

Reactions: davethevol
We're closing in on 48 hrs and we still haven't even heard that he can breathe on his own, let alone conscious. Let's hope we hear something like that in the next day
He is breathing 50 percent on his own as of this morning.

VN Store

Back