Powell and barnes

Well the 10 at Auburn were played against their soft schedule...

Bulk of his points came in 4 games. He also had 20 more attempts in those 10 games at Auburn versus the 14 he's played here. He's playing less minutes, but really he's just not shooting as much for whatever reason here. That's not something Barnes can really fix, he plays 'em and gives his players the greenlight to take shots...

Yep, Powell's last 4 games at Auburn (vs Troy, App St, Arky, A&M), he averaged 4.5 pts in 26.8 mpg shooting 4-22 overall and 2-9 from 3. Most of his points last year came from a 3-game stretch of 26/26/15 pts.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Team has been painful to watch the past couple years. Instead of carrying the momentum they created a few years ago, they have squandered some amazing talent. And I honestly dont know how vescovi has a D1 scholarship. They can kiss the top 25 goodbye

How could any sane person have this opinion?

He’s not a good HC and certainly isn’t the answer here.

Forbes isn't?

I'd say that's TBD. He's already doubled last year's win total at Wake Forest...but he's also pushing 60 and I think Barnes isn't planning to retire any time soon. So me personally I'd rather see where we are and who is available when Barnes finally hangs it up.

I agree Forbes isn't a good enough HC to warrant firing Barnes for though.

I gotta say, Powell doesn’t look happy at all. Whether that’s on the bench, in the game, or after the game after a win. The kid just doesn’t look happy and makes me wonder if he already told someone he isn’t coming back like others have mentioned in another thread. I know he already used this “free” transfer, but I have a bad feeling he won’t be here next year which is really unfortunate because I think he has a lot of potential

I gotta say, Powell doesn’t look happy at all. Whether that’s on the bench, in the game, or after the game after a win. The kid just doesn’t look happy and makes me wonder if he already told someone he isn’t coming back like others have mentioned in another thread. I know he already used this “free” transfer, but I have a bad feeling he won’t be here next year which is really unfortunate because I think he has a lot of potential

“Potential”?

He’s been the most disappointing transfer I’ve seen.

Very limited in offensive productivity, liability on defense, and can’t create his own shot.

Seems like a good kid but just isn’t made for this level.

Barnes can do better replacing him.

“Potential”?

Very limited in offensive productivity, liability on defense, and can’t create his own shot.

I guess I should say the “potential” he showed at Auburn. I agree with you on all points about his time with the Vols though. Do you agree with me about him not looking happy though or is that just me?

I guess I should say the “potential” he showed at Auburn. I agree with you on all points about his time with the Vols though. Do you agree with me about him not looking happy though or is that just me?

Barnes has rarely mentioned him and his body language seems to indicate he’s checked out for the season.

He’s just not bringing the intensity Barnes demands.

EXACTLY ****ING RIGHT!!! THIS is why the game has passed Barnes by. Time to get a younger coach that will encourage instead of discourage. Barnes has been the MOST overrated coach in the history of the sport. I know it sucks, but its true. How much talent has this guy squamdered in his time here??? Its time to move on.
Reading your post March 17, I'm reminded that folks' words often come back to haunt.

He honestly provides nothing. I was really excited about him transferring here. He's tentative, can't handle the ball, and seems to be a weaker defender too. He's better off at somewhere like Western KY or something.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Also I’m not advocating to play him this year at all, I agree with everyone that he has brought nothing. But might be able to bring something next year or the next if he stays. However he doesn’t seem bought into the system at all

Reactions: HeadVol77
“Potential”?

He might not be made for this program, but he's proven he can play at this level. It just hasn't translated at Tennessee for whatever reason.

Team has been painful to watch the past couple years. Instead of carrying the momentum they created a few years ago, they have squandered some amazing talent. And I honestly dont know how vescovi has a D1 scholarship. They can kiss the top 25 goodbye
Whoa, this take from just 2 months ago, woof.

Some defensive breakdowns but man, its time to stop berating this guy and let him play

Hey, I want to see all in Orange play well but his body language is terrible. If he thought he deserved a starting position at the beginning that’s his mistake. He’s never been the player Vescovi is and the primary reason is he doesn’t play hard enough.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism

VN Store

Back