Powell and barnes

We need him to be a go to scorer. Has an agressiveness and confidence to his O game that some others don't. Should be 4 not he's above Bailey atp.

Our offense literally should be KC and ZZ penetrating either one on one, because no one can stay in front of those guys, or off of some high screen action from Fulky/ON/Uros. Once we get inside they can (1) score, (2) pass to a big man (catchable ball though), or (3) pass back out to a shooter. We have to find a way to get the ball inside and play inside out to have any chance at success. We don’t move the ball well at all though. Even when we do pass the passes are often not good so the receiver can’t immediately shoot or pass to the next player.

Our offense literally should be KC and ZZ penetrating either one on one, because no one can stay in front of those guys, or off of some high screen action from Fulky/ON/Uros. Once we get inside they can (1) score, (2) pass to a big man (catchable ball though), or (3) pass back out to a shooter. We have to find a way to get the ball inside and play inside out to have any chance at success. We don’t move the ball well at all though. Even when we do pass the passes are often not good so the receiver can’t immediately shoot or pass to the next player.
vescovi, our best player, isn’t in your starting 5?

Reactions: feathersax
I haven’t the faintest clue how dude can avg 10 at auburn, transfer to tn and barely see the floor, any answers? Same player, diff coaches?
Plays like the others are playing. (like zombies)

Why folks think Powell can/will be the savior?

10 minutes he shot the ball 1 time………did NOTHING else except turn the ball over.

If your not going to do anything and you can’t play D…….shouldn’t we be fine with you sitting the bench?

Hey I know the guy “can” score……so can others…..but seriously if he ain’t going to????

We need him to be a go to scorer. Has an agressiveness and confidence to his O game that some others don't. Should be 4 not he's above Bailey atp.
He’s a good spot up shooter but he’s not great at creating his own shot. Since we aren’t very good at moving the ball it makes sense that Powell isn’t having much impact. He should though. We just play offense like a bunch of individuals rather than a cohesive unit.

Reactions: savannahfan
Bruce let’s players play. Barnes puts the fear of God in them and if they make a mistake on defense or miss a shot, unless their name is Josiah, he pulls them to the bench. Barnes completely ruins player confidence
It's amazing that so many of them keep coming back to that well, then. You'd have thought that the idea of Barnes as the Boogeyman would have gotten around in recruiting circles.

It's amazing that so many of them keep coming back to that well, then. You'd have thought that the idea of Barnes as the Boogeyman would have gotten around in recruiting circles.
You do know Barnes tried to run off Schofield. We have also watched other players regress in their careers. I think it really depends on their personality. Schofield was a type A and could handle Barnes constant criticism which only made him better. Other players, not so much. I just wish Barnes would let players play loosely and not get them so uptight for making mistakes. This team looked great early season when they were playing loose, and now they look like they play scared. It’s Barnes MO

You do know Barnes tried to run off Schofield. We have also watched other players regress in their careers. I think it really depends on their personality. Schofield was a type A and could handle Barnes constant criticism which only made him better. Other players, not so much. I just wish Barnes would let players play loosely and not get them so uptight for making mistakes. This team looked great early season when they were playing loose, and now they look like they play scared. It’s Barnes MO
I don't disagree. He's a hard coach to play for, but kids still line up to do it. I do wish he gave kids a longer leash. Some kids want to be coached hard. Those who don't will transfer out but why did they commit to begin with? Barnes doesn't hide who he is on the floor.

Powell is afraid to shoot. Until he takes open shots, he won’t play.

He’s certainly not expected to do much more than bring energy and shoot the dang ball.

Barnes is begging the boy to shoot. Y’all must be football forum

Actually he's apparently expected to be an absolute defensive stopper or he won't see much time on the floor. I'd imagine his lack of shooting is him trying to concentrate his energy there so he can see the floor.

VN Store

Back