Potpourri

In the Ms Tennessee contest, she didn't win, she sang the song Snowbird....The girl could really sing, but that damn cancer took her voice away...It took so much, a little at a time, but it could not take her smile away....She was a champ to the end.

My mother's favorite, GT. She played it over and over. Always love to hear it and remember her.

Here's the master at his craft with his beautiful version of the song:

Thanks Rooster...That put a tear in my eye and a big lump in my throat...You're a good guy/friend...

First time I ever saw my brides face was coming back from an ambulance run....She worked in the building next to ours and I so badly wanted to meet this beautiful blond that went back and forth to her car, and ignored all of us guys trying to get her attention......

As I pulled into the parking lot with my ambulance, I saw the beautiful blond bent over actually being sick at her stomach....I went over to her and said can I help you....She looked up at me with a little vomit on her lips; she was so sick...They had painted her office and the fumes had made her very ill....I wiped her mouth and held her head as she got sick again....

When the cancer was ravaging her body, I once again held her head...I use to joke some with her that someday she has to stop being sick at the sight of me....Anything to help her get through what she was going through.....

In the Ms Tennessee contest, she didn't win, she sang the song Snowbird....The girl could really sing, but that damn cancer took her voice away...It took so much, a little at a time, but it could not take her smile away....She was a champ to the end.

That’s true love folks…

GT, sent you here from another thread we were in to say I get your thoughts on Justine, I don’t think she was or is a failure either….let’s watch her career from here, I suspect she is going to show why she got a 5 star rating before she leaves college ball. Btw, missed texting with you and interacting, peace as always @GameTime

Many of you on here, I know you love old times rockabilly and mountain music, as well as some other genres, but I wanted to share with you a song that I think relates to all….has a Tenn slant, enjoy LV fans, wishing you all the best …..Your crew is still the most passionate and true bunch of WCBB fans that ever was, not lost on me…You cannot buy or fake the tradition and loyalty of this fan base. Y’all are part of what makes the sport what it is…

Last edited:
Many of you on here, I know you love old times rockabilly and mountain music, as well as some other genres, but I wanted to share with you a song that I think relates to all….has a Tenn slant, enjoy LV fans, wishing you all the best …..Your crew is still the most passionate and true bunch of WCBB fans that ever was, not lost on me…You cannot buy or fake the tradition and loyalty of this fan base. Y’all are part of what makes the sport what it is…

Rooster you hit my nail right square on the head with this song....When I first heard this song I knew I was listening to greatness...The lyrics make this song come alive..."Touch downed in the land of the Delta Blues, in the middle of a pouring rain"...That lyric is so perfect.....Hell fire, the song is full of perfect lyrics.

When I first heard the song I was in San Diego.... I went to a strip club and had a dancer I knew dance to this song....She moved like I knew she would....I gave her a big tip...More to the story, but I don't dare say it here...

Rooster here is a song that I know you have to identify with.....The artist is Dave Mason, and his song is "We Just Disagree" This song got me through a bad breakup when I thought I foolishly needed a girl that was done with me...

Reactions: Rooster1
Ok Rooster here is another great song that moves me to the center of my soul....There is a powerful line about her favorite dog being buried under the oak tree in the backyard, that gets me everytime I hear it...I use to rub TC's ears when I use to hear this song, now TC is part of the song....I knew I would forever miss that little dog.

Rooster you hit my nail right square on the head with this song....When I first heard this song I knew I was listening to greatness...The lyrics make this song come alive..."Touch downed in the land of the Delta Blues, in the middle of a pouring rain"...That lyric is so perfect.....Hell fire, the song is full of perfect lyrics.

When I first heard the song I was in San Diego.... I went to a strip club and had a dancer I knew dance to this song....She moved like I knew she would....I gave her a big tip...More to the story, but I don't dare say it here...

Rooster here is a song that I know you have to identify with.....The artist is Dave Mason, and his song is "We Just Disagree" This song got me through a bad breakup when I thought I foolishly needed a girl that was done with me...

That was a great reciprocation my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed GT. I have memories from that song as I know you do…….the two of us need to share a meal and drink one day….let’s make it happen.

Although I was just a little guy, I know exactly when I learned to appreciate the back side of the female form....I was smitten.

That was Frankie Avalon actually playing the trumpet...

Although I was just a little guy, I know exactly when I learned to appreciate the back side of the female form....I was smitten.

That was Frankie Avalon actually playing the trumpet...

I actually remember that scene! Prolly saw it on a rerun.

Here you go Rooster....She is beauty.

Dang you GT, you know I have a soft spot for Genie. That clip you posted some ways back where she was caught outside her house in her “skivvies” was something…wanted to revisit that clip but hell if I know where it was posted in all these pages..

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Oh ****, I found it

hope the ladies on this thread give me understanding for reposting, it’s just some fellas admiring a lady. Thx for that clip GT, Genie was too cool. I suppose when it gets to where men have to stop admiring beautiful ladies even in an innocent way it’s all gone too far away for my generation to understand. Tbh, I am not looking fwd to that time but I suppose it is here already. She was something.

Last edited:
CJ, pretty sure I was stationed In Germany when this song broke out…….she caught a bunch of attention obviously at that time.

I had just ETS'd out of the Army about the same time...1983
two of my responsibilities were Augsburg and Berlin...You were probably over there when I was eavesdropping on their chatter...I was an 05K10 Non-morse interceptor, INSCOM

I had just ETS'd out of the Army about the same time...1983
two of my responsibilities were Augsburg and Berlin...You were probably over there when I was eavesdropping on their chatter...I was an 05K10 Non-morse interceptor, INSCOM
2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment here, border patrol (wall fell 6 mos. After I came back state side). I was in Germany from 1985-1989…..

@GameTime, have you ever seen this old clip of one show where Ann Margaret was a guest?

watch it to the end where the “full” effects are evident….Johnny was a pro, and so funny.

Last edited:
I could link dozens of the Carson show, especially the ones with Rickles, Martin, Sammy, etc etc, my lord that was the best television ever….I’ll load some up, what amazing entertainment. Your clip was funny from the Leno show, shows how ignorant (note I did not say stupid, big difference) many Americans are. I would think that reference relates more to the younger generations, but without wanting to be so blatant on that thought, I suppose it spans generations. Whew, I guess you have to laugh so you don’t cry.

pretty good sampler for a start, better coming, enjoy all. Wait until Dom Deloiuse comes on…ahh damn

Last edited:
Reactions: GameTime

VN Store

Back