Possible Consequence if we happen to beat Georgia

It's 1 game. If he isn't on anyone's coaching list prior to Saturday, I don't it will change much with a win. USC and LSU are looking at bigger fish.

Plus he has a sizeable buyout and is quite clearly on good terms with his AD.

It's sure be nice to finally have a coach other people want.

Unless he's unhappy and doesn't let on... the more likely scenario is that UT will have to pay the man.

Yeah if they came calling I think Heupel would have a hard time saying no. But if we get to the point where OU is calling the we’d most likely be in a good place, and have an easier time making a big time hire
Yep, he attended OU and no doubt loves the place. But I believe he was in JUCO first and was a late arrival at Norman and who knows just how deep his feelings go. I do believe he still stings from the way he was dismissed at OU in what some think was a scape-goat role. I think OU might have been much more attractive to him BEFORE they decided to join the SEC. I'm not saying that if someone snatched L. Riley away that a successful CJH might be an attractive hire down the road to the folks at OU.......but I don't necessarily think its a slam dunk he would go. Not a certainty IMO.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
If there's one thing that should be clear to any head coach, if you're at a spot where you fit well and are paid well, you'd better be damned sure of your landing before you jump. All the one time hot names in coaching that are now on the hot seat should be a huge neon warning sign that there's no sure thing and the grass aint always greener. If I were a head coach making 2-3 mil per, I'd have to have a very compelling reason to jump into a pressure cooker of a job....especially in this conference. Guys like Chadwell look damned smart right now.

Unless he's unhappy and doesn't let on... the more likely scenario is that UT will have to pay the man.

He can already use the ive done more than any recent head coach as leverage.

He’s checking boxes let’s just see where things end up in recruiting

He can already use the ive done more than any recent head coach as leverage.

He’s checking boxes let’s just see where things end up in recruiting
I know what you're saying.... but I hope the bar is higher now than when Jones ridiculously got an extension just before the other shoe dropped.

They’ve already fired him once.
Much like the "Alabama is gonna come after Pruitt" meme that went around here for a bit, Oklahoma would only consider Heupel if he did something like win the SEC here, or fielded multiple top 10 teams or something.

Plus, Lincoln Riley is nowhere near a hot seat and I think talk of him going to the NFL is overblown.

If CLH brings 9+ win seasons to UT, even finicky Vols fans will be in love with him. And if those wins include Bama-Ga-Fla games, Vols fans would likely lock him in a vault and forget the combination.

I know what you're saying.... but I hope the bar is higher now than when Jones ridiculously got an extension just before the other shoe dropped.

White ain’t no fool. I doubt he’s going to Fulmer these contracts because he and Hype are tight

It's hard to believe that thoughts like these pass through some people's brains. This is almost as bad as the thread about changing the name of Neyland Stadium.

Here's a fun hypothetical: You must choose one.
Beat uga saturday but Hooker goes pro.
We lose this weekend but Hooker definitely comes back next year

VN Store

Back