Possible Consequence if we happen to beat Georgia

If Heupel left in the future, I believe it would be in the direction of the NFL and only if we didn't pay him his market value.

That's a good problem to have. Besides, I doubt he leaves, so long as we match the offer. He trusts his AD and you can't buy that. He might not even jump for Oklahoma. His last stint there didn't go well.

Not that any of that is likely to matter. We have about a 1% chance of beating UGA.

That is an awesome point! It is always possible to lose a good coach, but we have a few extra things on our side this time.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Everyone wants our coach.

Great. That's a good thing.

You want a coach no one else wants? He's not leaving. Some of y'all need to understand that Tennessee is a special place. As special as anywhere in America. It's just lacked good coaches recently.

The orange-colored haze is strong in this thread.

No one is coming after Heupel yet; not even with a miraculous win over Georgia.
What gets me is all these folk who think we have a shot at beating them. I doubt even one of them has watched a minute of UGA's defense this year. There's horrific slaughter, and then there's what will happen when one of the worst O-lines in D-I, i.e. ours, goes against that D-line, which is easily one of the best in the history of college football. That matchup alone should tell anyone with half a cent of football knowledge everything they need to know about our chances in this game: they don't exist short of UGA's offense turning the ball over about twenty times.

I'm happy for our progress but delusion is bad, as are drugs. I get the feeling from some of these posts that delusion has teamed up with drugs to create ultra-delusion.

Remember when VN was worried about:

Dooley leaving for UGA
Butch leaving for Michigan
Pruitt leaving for Bama....

Thanks OP, you just guaranteed another coaching search within the next 2 years!
Yep...Bama gonna steal Pruitt after a 6 game winning streak against non bowl eligible teams. At the time I didn't mind it...no my money, but rearview mirror gives alot more perspective.

JH is Danny White's guy. We're good. Only worry is if OK goes to hell in a handbasket, which they're showing no signs of doing.

IF we win this Saturday, I hope the students storm the field, then we finish 8-4, go to a decent bowl game in Florida and CJH wins National COY.
But that's a big IF...

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
OMG UGA is coming after Dooley!

Pruitt is replacing Saban!

I forget, who were we afraid was going to steal Butch?

What gets me is all these folk who think we have a shot at beating them. I doubt even one of them has watched a minute of UGA's defense this year. There's horrific slaughter, and then there's what will happen when one of the worst O-lines in D-I, i.e. ours, goes against that D-line, which is easily one of the best in the history of college football. That matchup alone should tell anyone with half a cent of football knowledge everything they need to know about our chances in this game: they don't exist short of UGA's offense turning the ball over about twenty times.

I'm happy for our progress but delusion is bad, as are drugs. I get the feeling from some of these posts that delusion has teamed up with drugs to create ultra-delusion.

We probably won't win, but chiding Tennessee fans on a Tennessee message board for thinking Tennessee might win their next game is really not a good way to go about things. A top 3 Georgia team that won 12 games got beat by an awful South Carolina team that finished 4-8 and fired their coach just a couple of years ago.

There's a million miles difference in the first year to date of those two vs Heupel. I could easily see Heupel getting NFL interest after this year. A team like Chicago who has a putrid offense and what will be a 2nd year QB with a skill set similar to Hooker for instance could be interested if they had any sense.

Michigan 😂

Look, BVS is real. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was listed in the DSM in the next year or two.

There's a million miles difference in the first year to date of those two vs Heupel. I could easily see Heupel getting NFL interest after this year. A team like Chicago who has a putrid offense and what will be a 2nd year QB with a skill set similar to Hooker for instance could be interested if they had any sense.
I agree...however we were fairly optimistic that Dools was 2 bizarre plays away from an 8-6 season and a win over a top 10ish LSU.

JH can coach, no doubt. We need to see if he can recruit before we worry about him being stolen away. (Yes I know the NCAA stuff gives him a pass, for now)

I agree...however we were fairly optimistic that Dools was 2 bizarre plays away from an 8-6 season and a win over a top 10ish LSU.

JH can coach, no doubt. We need to see if he can recruit before we worry about him being stolen away. (Yes I know the NCAA stuff gives him a pass, for now)

I just look at Arizona hiring Kingsbury with a college record 10 games below .500 and see his success there now. NFL is a copycat league. They all want offense and Huepel has had it at every stop for nearly 15 years now.

I’ll never understand why people are afraid that our coach will be courted by other schools. This simply means that he’s doing a good job, which is much better than the alternative. Even if a top school poaches him, we are in a much better position to hire a top notch coach than we have in the last 2 decades.
In all seriousness, when was the last time (if EVER) that anyone ever made a verifiable attempt to hire a UT head football coach away from us (Kiffen excepted)

Reactions: deezvols
That's a good problem to have. Besides, I doubt he leaves, so long as we match the offer. He trusts his AD and you can't buy that. He might not even jump for Oklahoma. His last stint there didn't go well.

Not that any of that is likely to matter. We have about a 1% chance of beating UGA.

So you’re saying there’s a chance?

VN Store

Back