Poll: What’s everyone’s take on the hire. Are you

Are you on the Josh Heupel train or not?

• Yes

Votes: 461 77.7%
  • No

Votes: 132 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VolRage

on the train or waiting until it picks on momentum on the track? Personally I’m on the train. I’m not buying the doom and gloom because he wasn’t one of the few sexy hires everyone wanted to include me. His offenses have been very productive everywhere he’s been.

Not getting on any train, but I'll meet it at the station if it arrives.

That's not to say I don't think the train will make the grade up the mountain. I just don't know what to expect from him. Wait and see mode. He'll have to prove he can win here and I'm not talking about beating KY and SC.

Nothing in his track record should make you sure one way or another. The downward trajectory at UCF is a reason for pause. The ability to learn (he seems reasonable) and coach offense give reason for hope. His halftime talk today was very very Butch-y--but that doesn't mean he's Butch; he may actually have the goods. But I am not going to be suckered again. At this point, I say "show me." No way I am getting my hopes up until we beat an SEC opponent not named Vanderbilt.

I don't even know what to feel honestly. I wanted a big name, but knew we weren't getting one. I'm absolutely worried it'll end up like the last 3, but maybe not. Every big name had to start somewhere, and I'm hoping this is where our new coach becomes a big name. Wanting him to fail because he wasn't a sexy hire is just stupid imo.

I look forward to scoring points. A little defense gives us the chance to win games. We have the horses on the roster to run this offense. I am most worried about D-Line and O-Line recruiting. We will need deep stables on defense and young players who can play 10-20 snap per game to keep the studs oxygenated.
With Heupel's offense, the defense is key.
Offense destroyed Pruitt's tenure. The defense was never elite, but the offense generally lost our games.

I started thinking about the offense he runs and I don't know if I'm a big fan of it , but I definitely support him

Nothing in his track record should make you sure one way or another. The downward trajectory at UCF is a reason for pause. The ability to learn (he seems reasonable) and coach offense give reason for hope. His halftime talk today was very very Butch-y--but that doesn't mean he's Butch; he may actually have the goods. But I am not going to be suckered again. At this point, I say "show me." No way I am getting my hopes up until we beat an SEC opponent not named Vanderbilt.
I think the difference between UCF and here, is that (maybe not initially) he should be able to reel in better players here. Especially on the offensive side if we're scoring pts. He obviously knows offense. His most important task is Finding a solid DC and allow him to bring in the guys he needs to implement his D.

Nothing I can do about it. Yeah, I wanted the big splash hire that we always hope for but it didn’t happen. It seems we finally have a competent AD, however and I will support Heupel. Let’s ride and hopefully have an explosive offense.

Reactions: GameTime
Heck yes! Think I'm going to start pulling for bama ? I grew up in Knoxville went to every game with my dad even while a student too many great memories!
We will be back !!!

Reactions: Mtnvol80
My take, he was a Quarterback at a power 5 school; Oklahoma and one a natty as the quarterback for them. It's a matter whether he can recruit and coach at the power 5 level. Time will tell.. He does have some experience as a coordinator at that level.

I'm giving him a chance to make good things happen for Big Orange Football.
That said you can't help but notice the disturbing trend line in his VERY short tenure at UCF. His record there looks very much like a coach who inherited a team loaded with talent who was unable to recruit and develop players to maintain the level his predecessor had left him with.
There's no record of turning around a troubled program. He may very well be the best Tennessee could come up with as I doubt coaches with the kind of track record I mentioned above simply weren't interested in the Tennessee job. That being the reality on the ground, White made what he believed to be a "safe pick" to provide some kind of stability to the program.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14

VN Store

Back