Poll: What’s everyone’s take on the hire. Are you

Are you on the Josh Heupel train or not?

• Yes

Votes: 461 77.7%
  • No

Votes: 132 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not getting on any train, but I'll meet it at the station if it arrives.

This.

I’m not buying in to anymore hype. Go beat one of the big three and win 9+ games each year and I’ll be back in 100%.

Sitting at the station waiting would be more appropriate for my status. I know we didn't have a ton of coaches begging to come here, but i think we jumped the gun. Only time will tell. Certainly won't be pulling for another team, just will be doing other things on Saturdays.

Right now nobody knows how hard the NCAA will hammer us.

How hard that hit is will determine how much longer it'll take this rebuild to really get going.

Bowl bans WILL cause most 4* and 5* recruits to avoid us so the rebuild and real success will take longer for us to really see unfortunately.

That's sad but it's just reality of getting hammered by the useless NCAA.

If we get a 2 year bowl ban and a loss of schollies it really won't be a fair evaluation of how well CJH can do until year 5 or maybe even year 6 of we're really giving him a fair shake.

None of us real Tennessee fans really has a choice except to support our new Coaches and players for the time being and I WILL give CJH a fair shake depending on all the circumstances we all must face after we hear the NCAA rulings.

If, and that's a BIG IF, he can hire a good SEC type DC then I believe he'll let the DC run his own show as long as the DC gets the type of results that CJH will demand.

If that happens and we can pile on points like at all his past stops have proven he can do then I believe we'll see WINS and more happy fans.

I respect him for having the courage to at least come here and give his all in a raging dumster fire.

I'll hope and pray for the best for everyone involved.

VFL...GBO!!!

Great, we think like the PAC 12 now.

Wake-up old man, it is not 1995 anymore! Nick Saban's team scored 48.5pts/game last year. Teams play offense. Pound the rock ain't coming back. I am sorry to bust your bubble but "pound the rock" ain't coming back.

Reactions: Samburger
Heupel hasn't earned a train yet let alone anyone being on it.

I sooooo want him to own the damn train by the end of next season.

I'm on the standby list.

Of course in August I'll have us going 14-1 probably. GO VOLS

Always reach for the Stars as far as Head Coach's in the SEC.
If you end up with a coach like JH, you just have to pray he can somehow have success at UT, he certainly is starting out behind the proverbial 8 ball

I just want to win some meaningful ball games I could care less about statlines or what the scoreboard says as long as we have more than the other team when the games over

I guess I’m the coal car, I’m here to support the engine but don’t like where this trains been, but I’m along for the ride.

I'm hopeful this is what we have needed, fresh eyes and a whole new regime from the top down to help the HC , his staff and team and not be a constant reminder of what all was wrong with UT football.

Coming into a fractured Program facing sanctions and a disheartened fan base, I’m willing to give the guy a chance. He’s got an uphill climb without a big pile on of criticism right out the gate. JMHO.

I support him but I think this is going to be a long road. We’re way behind in recruiting right now and we’ve kind of salted the earth with some high school programs. We have to hope Heupel not only recruits well but hits with less scholarships and can develop players faster than his peers bc we’ve lost a lot of players.

on the train or waiting until it picks on momentum on the track? Personally I’m on the train. I’m not buying the doom and gloom because he wasn’t one of the few sexy hires everyone wanted to include me. His offenses have been very productive everywhere he’s been.

As long as he does not mess around and starts Hooker at QB, I'm on that train.

I'm on the "hope" train. I'm hopeful that JH will be a good hire but I'm definitely not hyped about it. Given the circumstances I think he's about the best hire we could make at this time. So I'm glad he was willing to accept the challenge. I'm proud he's here. And I'm ready for him to prove himself.

Last edited:
Yes, I just hope it’s not like the Dollywood train that just goes in a big circle and ends up back at the same place.

VN Store

Back