Poll: Florida will hire......

Poll: Florida will hire......

• Total voters
What SEC coaches have left their current school and flipped to another SEC school? Not as big of a history buff on SEC sports as some around here and can't think of any but maybe Bear Bryant. I know OBC and Saban coached at two different SEC schools but pro careers helped that transition.

Dinardo left Vandy for LSU

Tuberville left Ole Miss for Auburn

That's off the top of my head.

B2qE3z7IIAANkND.jpg

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/534385717049573377

:birgits_giggle:

Greg Schiano is a possibility but I don't understand why so many mention Schwartz. Has he said he wanted to be at the college level or something? Pretty sure he'll get another head coaching gig before he goes back to college IMO.

Sweeney and Mullen have top 5 recruiting classes in 2015 - so far -- just think how those would dissolve

I really don't think Mullen has any interest in leaving Starkville, he could certainly make more money at UF but he's already turned state into a destination. Ultimately I think the draw of building something at MSU keeps him there.

Via JC Shurburtt, not really anything new, probably just click bait...

-If there was ever a time for Bob Stoops to take the Florida job, it's now. I hear there may be interest in moving on. Oklahoma would then go after Todd Graham.

-There is actually some talk about Gary Patterson from legit "in the know" type of people, but it is hard to say where exactly that's coming from.

-Florida will make a run at Chip Kelly. There is talk he has interest, but almost universally people believe he's perhaps using it for leverage with the Eagles. He had interest in the UF job last time it was open, though, and this is a job that he would really have a high interest in if he wanted to return to college.

-Jim Mora stayed at UCLA when Texas came calling last year. I am not sure he would be able to stay if the Gators wanted him based on what I am told.

-It's not a surprise on Dan Mullen not being a candidate. I think Michigan may end up being where he lands if he leaves Mississippi State.

My take: If the time is right and you can't get Kelly, hire Stoops. This is one of those things like North Carolina hiring Roy Williams as its basketball coach. Turned them down, turned them down, then bam he came and restored them to glory. You can't go wrong with Patterson, Graham or even Mora. I suspect this hire will not be out-of-the-box and will make sense.

Via JC Shurburtt, not really anything new, probably just click bait...

-If there was ever a time for Bob Stoops to take the Florida job, it's now. I hear there may be interest in moving on. Oklahoma would then go after Todd Graham.

-There is actually some talk about Gary Patterson from legit "in the know" type of people, but it is hard to say where exactly that's coming from.

-Florida will make a run at Chip Kelly. There is talk he has interest, but almost universally people believe he's perhaps using it for leverage with the Eagles. He had interest in the UF job last time it was open, though, and this is a job that he would really have a high interest in if he wanted to return to college.

-Jim Mora stayed at UCLA when Texas came calling last year. I am not sure he would be able to stay if the Gators wanted him based on what I am told.

-It's not a surprise on Dan Mullen not being a candidate. I think Michigan may end up being where he lands if he leaves Mississippi State.

My take: If the time is right and you can't get Kelly, hire Stoops. This is one of those things like North Carolina hiring Roy Williams as its basketball coach. Turned them down, turned them down, then bam he came and restored them to glory. You can't go wrong with Patterson, Graham or even Mora. I suspect this hire will not be out-of-the-box and will make sense.

Jim Mora Jr was a joke with the Atlanta Falcons. Michael Vick was pretty much the coach of the Falcons while he was there. What doomed Mora was him going on 790 the zone in 2006 and saying that the University of Washington was his dream job and he would leave the Falcons if offered it. He was fired shortly thereafter.

You can take rich rod and Mullen off the list. It happens like this at every program needing to hire a coach. The list is compiled of dream type scenarios and then reality settles in. A few big names will turn it down, contract obligations will determine a few more declines, etc. If I were to bet on this, I'd say the hc at Colorado st will move up the list. He is the norm for fla. An up an comer that has had success at a smaller school. Money will be an issue with the seven mil owed to Muschamp. Muschamp was a big name but lacked hc experience, so I think the prerequisite this time will be hc experience. That's why I said earlier that I'll have the popcorn ready for the zoo that will take place at fla and Michigan the next couple of months. I'm a Tennessee fan, I speak from experience on this coaching replacement ordeal.

Reactions: 1 person
You can take rich rod and Mullen off the list. It happens like this at every program needing to hire a coach. The list is compiled of dream type scenarios and then reality settles in. A few big names will turn it down, contract obligations will determine a few more declines, etc. If I were to bet on this, I'd say the hc at Colorado st will move up the list. He is the norm for fla. An up an comer that has had success at a smaller school. Money will be an issue with the seven mil owed to Muschamp. Muschamp was a big name but lacked hc experience, so I think the prerequisite this time will be hc experience. That's why I said earlier that I'll have the popcorn ready for the zoo that will take place at fla and Michigan the next couple of months. I'm a Tennessee fan, I speak from experience on this coaching replacement ordeal.

Dooley said money won't be an issue. Trust him when he speaks in certainties bc the info came from the UAA directly. Issue will be someone taking the gig.

Dooley said money won't be an issue. Trust him when he speaks in certainties bc the info came from the UAA directly. Issue will be someone taking the gig.

Your a big fla fan. What do you think of that Colorado st guy? I think his name is mcelwain. He has definitely had a lot of success at a smaller level. I know he don't have the flash as some of the other names, but the dude can coach.

Butch Jones couldn't beat Will Muschamp.

I don't think you want to up the level of embarrassment by having him lose to Derek Dooley.

Couldnt beat UF with Dooleys leftovers. This year you just lucked up and found your QB before we found ours. I wont even mention kicking the game winning FG with no time on the clock.
Video: Play clock expires on Florida's game-winning FG

UT by 20 next year. Book it.

Last edited:
Your a big fla fan. What do you think of that Colorado st guy? I think his name is mcelwain. He has definitely had a lot of success at a smaller level. I know he don't have the flash as some of the other names, but the dude can coach.

Great coach and solid recruiter but he has an 7-8 million buyout. His resume doesn't command that type of money. Hard to sell his name atp.

Couldnt beat UF with Dooleys leftovers. This year you just lucked up and found your QB before we found ours. I wont even mention kicking the game winning FG with no time on the clock.
Video: Play clock expires on Florida's game-winning FG

UT by 20 next year. Book it.

Lol. It didn't happen as 0:00 so no one knows what would have happened next. You also don't know he game would have played out with the other QBs.

Lol. It didn't happen as 0:00 so no one knows what would have happened next. You also don't know he game would have played out with the other QBs.

Being down to Alabama 31-0 just into the 2nd qtr and winning most of the next 3 qtrs 20-7 gives me a real good indication Dobbs is a huge difference maker after entering the game. Try pulling your head out of your azz and understanding reality. BTW...guess who had the highest QB rating in the SEC this week...hint...it wasn't Tebow.

Last edited:
Graham may be the best from that list, but don't forget doc holliday at marshall--former uf asst coach under meyer, is undefeated this year.

VN Store

Back