Poll: Florida will hire......

Poll: Florida will hire......

• Total voters
I'm sure many would be happy with him as an hire but he's not like by the guys who "matter". Its some bad blood there with boosters. Mullen could become HC but 5-7 guy would have to turn down the job.

Ruffin McNeill of East Carolina and Gary Anderson of Wisconsin are two Florida should probably interview

I have a feeling Bob Stoops finally says yes.

Not necessarily who I would want at this point in time, but I would not be upset about it either.

I can't see Bob Stoops leaving OU. He'll retire there.

From what I can make out, many Oklahoma fans would be happy to see him leave.

Stupid, imo.

But, the level of love isn't what it once was and I have heard it's mutual.

Don't get me wrong, staying at Oklahoma still makes the most sense to me.

However, as I said, I have a feeling this finally happens.

He won their division in his first season and is competing for it in his 2nd.

Not sure why he'd leave now. Then again I didn't think Saban would leave Miami after two seasons either.

The "rumor" is that while successful, he is not happy coaching the professional game and would rather be back in college.

The same "rumor" is out there about Jim Harbaugh. A lot of people seem certain that Harbaugh will head to his alma mater and save the Wolverines.

Whether they are happy or not in the professional game, I don't know.

What I do know is that Harbaugh ain't happy in San Francisco. Whether he'd want a college job or a professional job if he left the 49ers, I don't know.

Last edited:
From what I can make out, many Oklahoma fans would be happy to see him leave.

Stupid, imo.

But, the level of love isn't what it once was and I have heard it's mutual.

Don't get me wrong, staying at Oklahoma still makes the most sense to me.

However, as I said, I have a feeling this finally happens.

I think OU's football program will slide into the dumper if Stoops leaves like they did when Barry Switzer was shown the door.

I have been to an Oklahoma board as well and can tell you the mood is different.

In the past, when the Florida job opened up and the obligatory Stoops rumors would surface, they would have some sort of reaction. They would laugh about Florida's chances. They would get angry about Florida trying to steal their coach. Something

On this occasion, the attitude has been like "yeah, whatever. If he goes, he goes. No big deal".

I have been to an Oklahoma board as well and can tell you the mood is different.

In the past, when the Florida job opened up and the obligatory Stoops rumors would surface, they would have some sort of reaction. They would laugh about Florida's chances. They would get angry about Florida trying to steal their coach. Something

On this occasion, the attitude has been like "yeah, whatever. If he goes, he goes. No big deal".

Sounds like he's burned out like Spurrier was his last season at Florida.

Sounds like he's burned out like Spurrier was his last season at Florida.

Only st UF and Okie is winning 10 games a yr not really winning.lol

Stoops may need a new challenge but my concerns will be 3 years down the road when he lost that fire again.

Only st UF and Okie is winning 10 games a yr not really winning.lol

Stoops may need a new challenge but my concerns will be 3 years down the road when he lost that fire again.

He gets Phil Fulmer disease(getting too comfortable in his job)very easily. Lou Holtz had it bad in his last couple of seasons at Notre Dame.

Ruffin McNeill of East Carolina and Gary Anderson of Wisconsin are two Florida should probably interview

I've liked Andersen since I did research on our last coaching search. His teams whipping of Nebraska this weekend or playing LSU close early in the season helped further that. I think he and Wisconsin will do big things in that league. He is defensive minded though and not yet proven in a power confefence so I highly doubt he gets a look.

No hire that UF makes is likely to be one that UT will "like" in that they have money and it's a recruiting hot bed. Any decent coach should do well there in a couple years. That said of the possible choices a Stoops or Mullen hire is one I'd prefer to face over others. Please no offensive juggernauts.

What SEC coaches have left their current school and flipped to another SEC school? Not as big of a history buff on SEC sports as some around here and can't think of any but maybe Bear Bryant. I know OBC and Saban coached at two different SEC schools but pro careers helped that transition.

VN Store

Back