Pitt fan here. Ask me anything.

@HailToPitt725 and @UPitt 89 your attention and assistance is required in a very critical matter, namely, the Girls of Pittsburg thread. There is an extreme dearth of material by which to judge the level of attractiveness of Pitt women. Right now what is posted is mostly along the lines of these abominations:
ece0667a-b828-4659-b320-99c871934682-jpeg.486774

If this is indeed representative of what the lads have to delight their evenings, I can see how they would play depressed and angry. I warrant, however, that our pub posters simply have not yet discovered the right places to look for Pitt pulchritude. Please assist if you can in this travesty, that it might not echo through the internet with derision and pity.

Want to know more about our team? Need suggestions on things to do around the Burgh? Ask away and I’ll be more than happy to respond. Tennessee was one of the most welcoming and accommodating fanbases we ever met last year, so I hope you all receive the same generosity from us.
I love Pittsburg as a city btw.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I love Pittsburgh as a city btw.
Thank you for the kind words. The Rust Belt tends to get overlooked nationally, but it has a lot to offer. Likewise, Knoxville is a lovely college town with incredible scenery. I still need to get to Nashville one of these days as well (not to watch Vanderbilt, I promise).

Also, concerning your other post, I wanted to clarify that I thought Pitt would be the ones that fall behind early.

Name this item. Fail to do so correctly and we will know not to trust your Pittsburg bonafides.

heavy-duty-band-new.jpg

No problems on my end. It’s a common question that a lot of fanbases ask us if they’re unfamiliar with Pitt.
I didn’t mean anything by my question. I was just giving you a hard time bc you’re new and an opposing fan.
The response you gave, did show lots of character on your end, as did your other responses to other questions. For a pitt fan, you’re not so bad my friend.
Here’s to a great football game next weekend!!

(Long post) In the mid-90s, the football program had been in disarray for about ten years and Pitt Stadium, home to Pitt football since 1925, was in desperate need of repairs. At the same time, we were also looking to replace our basketball arena, the Fitzgerald Fieldhouse, that was just as old and was too small for our fanbase.

Originally, there was a plan to renovate Pitt Stadium and build a new basketball arena on a vacant parking lot in front of the Cost Center (indoor turf field). However, the Steelers were looking for a new stadium around the same time. Pitt eventually hopped on the Heinz Field/UPMC SouthSide (practice facility) deal with the Steelers, tore down Pitt Stadium to build a new basketball arena, the Petersen Events Center, and the rest was history. There was definitely a lack of donors to fund both a Pitt Stadium renovation and a new basketball arena; moving football off-campus was a cheaper alternative to solving both facility problems. This was due to the lack of success at the time as well as the fact that then-AD Steve Pederson drove off the Golden Panthers, the booster club that funded our success in the 70s and 80s. That tarnished relationship has carried over to today and is why Pitt has one of the lowest donor rates among P5 programs.

With that being said, Pitt likely doesn’t join the ACC if we don’t move to Heinz Field. Our facilities were among the worst in the country for a power conference program and not having to renovate Pitt Stadium freed up funds to both build a new arena and build facilities for baseball, soccer, and softball. At the same time, it likely guaranteed that football would never return on-campus because Oakland, the neighborhood that houses the university, is land-locked with more and more properties being acquired by tech companies and housing developers. There simply is not enough room to build a new stadium on-campus, and buying up lots would run into the hundreds of millions of dollars. In my opinion, the only way Pitt football likely ever returns to campus is if the Pittsburgh VA Hospital, which resides next to the athletics neighborhood on campus, moves out and builds a new hospital elsewhere in the city

I enjoyed that post. Thanks. I hope some billionnaire alum eventually donates the funds to get a stadium back on campus. It makes me queasy to even think about Tennessee Volunteer football having to be played off campus.

Dat’s a gum-band. My cousin Donnie bought summa doze dahn at Jine Iggle on Fridee. Also, yinz oughta put an h on your Pixburghs n’at.

He's legit guys. No doubt. How yinz managed to create your own language in Pittsburg is fascinating. I had a friend in the AF from Pittsburg and he taught us all kinds of new words. He even had shirt with most of the words you just used printed on it.

@HailToPitt725 I haven’t watched a lot of Pitt games live other than when we played each other last year and 1-2 more. How does Pitt typically start games? Fast/slow out of the gate? Game-managing to start the quarter? Because if I know one thing, it’s that TN will start fast. We might have been the most explosive 1Q team last year (if not, at least top 5). For Pitt to win, they have to keep our run game to a minimum. If they can’t do that, our receivers will feast. On the other hand, we have to pressure Slovis. Our secondary is not in the spot yet to be in coverage against a QB that has all day to throw. Normally when everyone thinks it’s gonna be a shootout, it ends up being the opposite but I truly believe there will be a lot of points scored in this one.

@HailToPitt725 I haven’t watched a lot of Pitt games live other than when we played each other last year and 1-2 more. How does Pitt typically start games? Fast/slow out of the gate? Game-managing to start the quarter? Because if I know one thing, it’s that TN will start fast. We might have been the most explosive 1Q team last year (if not, at least top 5). For Pitt to win, they have to keep our run game to a minimum. If they can’t do that, our receivers will feast. On the other hand, we have to pressure Slovis. Our secondary is not in the spot yet to be in coverage against a QB that has all day to throw. Normally when everyone thinks it’s gonna be a shootout, it ends up being the opposite but I truly believe there will be a lot of points scored in this one.
If it’s anything like Thursday, our offense will struggle early if we stay committed to establishing the run. We found our rhythm in the second half working out of the gun and letting Slovis pass more, so I hope we lean on that earlier.

As for our defense, I have no doubts we’ll stop your run game since we sell out to stopping it against every opponent. It’s the passing attack I’m worried about, and I think it’s likely that Tennessee carves us up.

If you’re smoking a doob walking to the game will the cops harass you? Asking for a friend
It depends on what cop you run into. It was decriminalized in the city in 2015 but the police department has been slow to adopt the new laws. Some will let it pass or issue a citation, others will follow state code and arrest you.

There's a South Pittsburg, Tenn.
Do you know their nickname?

it’s the Pirates.
Do you know the nickname of the Pittsburg State University in Kansas?

they are the Gorillas.
their womens teams are called the Jennies.
and if you knew any of that, you are a much bigger sports geek than me or you are from Kansas.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Probably already asked but what should we take from the 76 yards on rushing? Is WV DL good? I didn't watch but the last 5 mins.

VN Store

Back