Pipeline Cyber Attack

How do they plan to get the gas out of the bags and into the gas tank is my question.

I doubt they were thinking that far ahead. That is a problem to be solved after:

1- how do I get it home all in the bag
2- how do I get home without being overcome by gas fumes
3- how do I get it home workout a mini explosion in the trunk

Reactions: volfanhill
Or just maybe the bumper sticker in Virginia has to do with the proposed natural gas Atlantic Coast pipeline and fracking that was a big deal up there and would have gone right through (under?) the beautiful Appalachian Trail and zero to do with an already existing pipeline for gasoline?

The pipeline plans were eventually canceled in 2020, in large part due to citizen pushback in Virginia and West Virginia. About the same time Bernie was defeated. Woman needs to update them stickers 😅
Pipelines are necessary. Nobody wants em, but everybody has to have what they move around quickly to do and go where they want..

Explain to me again how I can transport my camper, or travel quickly across the country with a EV...much less a EV that people like me can afford?

I get the world of people like you don't givacrap if you prematurely destroy our way of life. Wealthy, or even just well off folks are still going to get to do what they want, and go wherever they want freely..it is lower middle class folks like me that are gonna get screwed in this New Green World Order...gotta keep us grounded and outta better class peoples way.

Pipelines are necessary. Nobody wants em, but everybody has to have what they move around quickly to do and go where they want..

Explain to me again how I can transport my camper, or travel quickly across the country with a EV...much less a EV that people like me can afford?

I get the world of people like you don't givacrap if you prematurely destroy our way of life. Wealthy, or even just well off folks are still going to get to do what they want, and go wherever they want freely..it is lower middle class folks like me that are gonna get screwed in this New Green World Order...gotta keep us grounded and outta better class peoples way.

I am very much in favor of EV tech, but for the foreseeable future it is hardly green. Far too much power is still generated by coal. I haven't looked up the math, but I'm nearly certain that conversion efficiencies are such that a good clean diesel engine --> car wheel is dumping less crap into the environment than coal --> AC electricity -> your house via transmission lines --> DC electricity --> the car battery --> the EV motor/car wheel. Until more of the EV's power is generated at our homes via renewable sources, pipelines are an effective way to improve the distribution of fuels.

And I'm really a fan of EVs. I hope to have one soon. Won't be getting rid of my full-sized GMC pickup though.

Reactions: drvenner

Sounds like you need to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and get into a better class so you can do what you want.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
I am very much in favor of EV tech, but for the foreseeable future it is hardly green. Far too much power is still generated by coal. I haven't looked up the math, but I'm nearly certain that conversion efficiencies are such that a good clean diesel engine --> car wheel is dumping less crap into the environment than coal --> AC electricity -> your house via transmission lines --> DC electricity --> the car battery --> the EV motor/car wheel. Until more of the EV's power is generated at our homes via renewable sources, pipelines are an effective way to improve the distribution of fuels.

And I'm really a fan of EVs. I hope to have one soon. Won't be getting rid of my full-sized GMC pickup though.
How is green energy any more clean than oil and gas ?? The process of harvesting the materials needed for the batteries is far from green and is heavily reliant on child labor in very dangerous conditions. Not to mention the process of charging those batteries. That energy has to come from somewhere. If it's solar, then your are depleting silver to make the panels. And the strip mining for that is not eco-friendly. Wind power may be the only true clean energy....(after the wind mills are produced). And pipelines are certainly more eco-friendly and cost efficient than Warren Buffet's railroads and diesel engines.

It's all coming together. Trump got his puppet master, Putin, to have his comrades hack a major pipeline. He knew it would increase prices. He knew it would hinder the economy. He knew it would be bad for Biden.

It wasn't a prediction from Trump. It was a threat.

#Russiacollusioncontinues#

Somebody let Democrat Underground know so the can get to work on the memes for social media.
This scenario is far more likely than a stolen election.

I have no problem with EV tech and renewables or implementing the new vastly more efficient and safe nuclear reactors. I just do not see how the freedom to travel long distances quickly, and pull weight will ever be handled by EVs. It is freedom hampering for people like me.

What is really going to be funny is when all these dumbasses figure out that the Earth is doing it's ancient warming/cooling thing that it has been doing for billions of years and there is not a damn thing anybody can do about it.

Reactions: AM64
I believe that story. What is your theory?
I don't have a theory right now. I'm just asking who believes the narrative.

You do know that there could be more possibilities than just a hacker that shutdown the pipeline, right?

the
Movie Patton, which is in my top 3 war movies ever, also used American tanks for the Wehrmacht models. But there are so few combat scenes I can overlook them
If they at least use period tanks there is an aura of plausibility. Plenty of captured stuff on both sides.

You do know that there could be more possibilities than just a hacker that shutdown the pipeline, right?
I believe it was likely a hacker but not necessarily one that knew what they were getting in to. The low random over such a high value target didn't make much sense

It could also have been a cheap wakeup call to our bet vulnerable security executed by a concerned citizen

A disgruntled employee could have easily done the same thing. One of my former supervisors worked at a plant that had a paranoid engineer that didn't trust anyone and thought the company was out to get him. They ended up firing him and a week later systems shut down all over their plant. He planted bugs in every system he could and if he didn't reset a certain variable every 3 weeks it wreaked havoc on all kinds of equipment. From what he told me it took them a couple of weeks to finds the bug and fix all of the mechanical damage.

VN Store

Back