Pete Thamel: Tim Banks finalizing deal for DC

It's "brilliant" assertations such as these that make this fanbase look great in the public eye. Would you care to elaborate good sir or are you just going to say stupid and then stomp away like a child.

This was just a stated opinion. Hopefully it is wrong, but no one know at this point..

We had a DC on the Payroll who was an actual DC in the SEC; and well respected . So you can see the reason for the head shaking.

I think the reason Steele was not named DC is because his style doesn’t pair up very well with the style of offense JH will be running. He wants an attacking, aggressive defense that can get turnovers and “splash” plays that will give his offense another opportunity with the ball. He isn’t planning on having statistically great defenses, but hoping they can make turnovers or key stops at the right time. Apparently, JH doesn’t think KS runs the type of defense that complements his offense best.

Whereas scheme will always matter to a certain degree, at the end of the day every coach will be based on player development during their tenure and oversight. The last several regimes had good scheme to some degree and bad to horrible development.

Make players better and you will be a coach for as long as you want at what ever level you choose.

This will be Banks ultimate test no matter what scheme he has or how little experience he has running it.

Reactions: BigDave and Gilb69
I have low expectations for how things will go the next few years, but the thing I am most excited about is having a coach that can actually speak and sound somewhat intelligible. Pruitt speaking was almost always cringeworthy, and embarrassing to watch.
I always listened with an odd mixture of hope and dismay.

I was kind of suspect up to now but this Banks hire cements it for me. Real up and comer with a high football IQ and good instincts on evaluations. We got us a real gem here. Kind of surprised Franklin didn’t put up more of a fight but PSU may have broke the bank on his new contract. I see a lot of midAtlantic transfers sliding our way. We may even be good for nine or ten wins this Fall.
Who are you and what did you do with the #realHillbilly?

Reactions: butchna
I think the reason Steele was not named DC is because his style doesn’t pair up very well with the style of offense JH will be running. He wants an attacking, aggressive defense that can get turnovers and “splash” plays that will give his offense another opportunity with the ball. He isn’t planning on having statistically great defenses, but hoping they can make turnovers or key stops at the right time. Apparently, JH doesn’t think KS runs the type of defense that complements his offense best.

That seems to be the cut-and-paste response to KS.

Does TB run the JH style of defense at Penn State? Do they run a "splash" play defense at Penn State? I just don't know.

If JH wants TB, I am okay with it.

VN Store

Back