Our QB room will be the best in the SEC

So now the neverJG take is that Guarantano doesn't even care if he plays or not, WoW!! Good one!
Actually, if you read this board ( and only this board) you will see an article published 13 Nov 2019 (GoVols247), posted VolNation 14 Nov, entitled, Guarantano, "I don't care who starts as QB". These are not my words, but, rather Guarantano's words, or GoVols247 is making this stuff up-you know fake news. As I haven't heard anything about GoVols247 being Fake News, nor anyone attacking them for making this up, I think their article was accurate.
I do take issue with your response to my post, fake news, as I never said "plays or not", I did state STARTS OR NOT. I suggest you re-read my post #385 OF THIS STRING.

I remember the interview with his dad at halftime. He was tearing up and hard to watch. It reminded me of the scene in “Friday Night Lights” just after Boobie Miles walked out from cleaning out his locker.
I knew I had seen his Dad interviewed but did not know it was this game. It was his Dad who passed away a few months later.

I knew I had seen his Dad interviewed but did not know it was this game. It was his Dad who passed away a few months later.
I could be wrong. I watched a video on Peytons first game a while ago. I may not be remembering it correctly but as of right now I’m nearly positive it was at halftime of that game. But hell.... I’m old

I could be wrong. I watched a video on Peytons first game a while ago. I may not be remembering it correctly but as of right now I’m nearly positive it was at halftime of that game. But hell.... I’m old
Makes sense that is where I saw it too , your memory is better than mine.
I also remember Colquitt and his Dad being at the UT bowl game that year and finding out then that Colquitt was denied the 6th year. I believe I read it in a newspaper article at the time.

Reactions: 1vol8
Makes sense that is where I saw it too , your memory is better than mine.
I also remember Colquitt and his Dad being at the UT bowl game that year and finding out then that Colquitt was denied the 6th year. I believe I read it in a newspaper article at the time.
That’s a damn shame. I guess the NCAA has always been shady. If anyone deserved a medical Rs it was him

JT was yanked in one game he started after an end zone incompletion and BM was yanked right after the one play that Calloway was rocked.
Maurer wasn't "yanked". He entered the game due to JG having an issue with the pad on his hand. They fixed it and JG re-entered the game on the next play.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I’ll have to check that out. I think it was something like week 1 or his first start or something along those lines. Either way I felt sorry for the kid

Maurer wasn't "yanked". He entered the game due to JG having an issue with the pad on his hand. They fixed it and JG re-entered the game on the next play.
Ok I remember. I was hoping they would leave him in longer because JG had the broken hand.

Last edited:
Why did you arbitrarily choose week 7?

Also, in just about every way you want to parse it, JG is among the worst in time to throw. That's not a problem vs lesser competition. It could present a huge problem against better teams.

Also during the same period JG is 11th in completion % behind even Shrout. He's 6th in yardage. He's 7th in depth adjusted accuracy. He's 11th in uncatchable %. He's the league's worst in time to throw and the only SEC QB that averages over 3 seconds to deliver the ball.

He's improved... not out of the woods.
Season totals I assume so still upper tier in a VERY important stat.

100% agree with the fact that JG experience in the run game is huge. As far as those games. Im still not convinced he is a good QB. He misses way to many throws. Once his veteran WRs graduate i think his lack of accuracy will show up more...those WR were catching almost everything they could touch, so much so when JJ first had his few drops people were shocked.
How do you respond to this stat?

Kentucky's QB room just got stronger with Joey Gatewood transfer. He will likely have to sit out a year but a good pick up for them. I don't think Ky is going anywhere anytime soon.

Harrison Bailey coach says he has best arm he has ever coached and his ball placement is already on a college level

I would definitely put it above Ainge level, for sure. He does seem really good at ball placement as well, from all accounts,.

And he can lead the receiver on the long ball, which has been woefully missing around here.

Season totals I assume so still upper tier in a VERY important stat.

Well, I didn't say he sucked in every respect.

But if you want to play this one up as much as you apparently do... then you have to look at the number of points and TD's produced. JG STILL hasn't led an O to more than 30 points vs an FBS opponent.
How do you respond to this stat?

I hadn't noticed before but the "ADOT" makes that a very parsed stat. You should be able to expect an SEC QB given plenty of time in the pocket to have around 40% of his throws to a target 20 yds down field or further... to go for a 1st down or TD.

That's a lot like saying water is wet.

Reactions: I40flyer
Well, I didn't say he sucked in every respect.

But if you want to play this one up as much as you apparently do... then you have to look at the number of points and TD's produced. JG STILL hasn't led an O to more than 30 points vs an FBS opponent.

I hadn't noticed before but the "ADOT" makes that a very parsed stat. You should be able to expect an SEC QB given plenty of time in the pocket to have around 40% of his throws to a target 20 yds down field or further... to go for a 1st down or TD.

That's a lot like saying water is wet.
Why is the SEC average so much lower than that then?

Reactions: k-town_king
Answer my question why is Bryant a pro prospect and jg not?
I'm not so sure that either of those assessments are true. I don't study Pro draft boards. Regardless of pro potential Bryant is certainly not any better than JG at the college level and I would not be surprised when it's all said and done that JG will indeed be the better prospect as that's how it generally works with the better player.

VN Store

Back