Our QB room will be the best in the SEC

I never blamed JG for anything. He was benched due to bad play. That’s true, but i personally never attack JG, his stats or otherwise. In fact you would be shocked to learn that I actually support JG. It’s the false narrative’s that your clan puts out to downgrade BM that I have a problem with. That’s what you don’t understand. Now as for BM not contributing...... I woefully disagree. This team was flat and just going through the motions in losing efforts every week until Maurer came along. He injected life into this team and whether you like it or not that life he injected remained even through the weeks he didn’t play. And by that account he played a much bigger role than you’re willing to give him credit for.
I don't give him credit for it because I've not heard a single person in the Vols organization ever remotely even hint that it was Maurer, the ONLY folks I've ever heard even mention it are the neverJG crowd and the NegaVol trolls that love to continue to say JG sucks. Bottom line is simple, all JG lacks now is a big win in a big game, should that happen then I'm not sure what the neverJG crowd will have to say.

Once again not a single player has ever mentioned that Maurer was the spark and i believe Juan Jennings would laugh in your face if you even suggested it to him.
That’s just being a good teammate. No player/coach that I can ever remember (outside of Pruitt) has EVER said “I want this guy over that guy”. There’s a diplomatic way to give an answer without throwing an individual player under the bus. A good example would be -
media question: “coach, when do you feel this season turned around?”

Truth: “when the team was told were making a qb change at the meeting after the Florida game.”.

Diplomatic answer: “we had a meeting after the Florida game and that’s where things turned around.”

get it?

I don't give him credit for it because I've not heard a single person in the Vols organization ever remotely even hint that it was Maurer, the ONLY folks I've ever heard even mention it are the neverJG crowd and the NegaVol trolls that love to continue to say JG sucks. Bottom line is simple, all JG lacks now is a big win in a big game, should that happen then I'm not sure what the neverJG crowd will have to say.
So you never heard JJ say “Maurers runs give us juice.”? Or MC say something around the same thing? If not you only hear what you want to hear which would explain your biased position.

You didn't answer the question, why? Probably because it's actually one of the great things that Big Ben does because it often allows plays to develop and receivers time to get open and extends plays. You seem to think every WR gets open in under 2 seconds.
Nope. And that's not even what that stat means. It is primarily a measure of how well a QB reads the D and makes a decision about when to throw and who to throw to. Every QB will have plays when they take over 3 seconds. The really good ones will also hit hot routes and quick stuff.

Trask averages 2.26, Tua 2.38, Burrow 2.44.... for the season. All three have dropped back on long developing plays. But they've also hit quick passes against D's to keep them honest and to protect their OL.

So you never heard JJ say “Maurers runs give us juice.”? Or MC say something around the same thing? If not you only hear what you want to hear which would explain your biased position.
I heard that JJ told Pruitt JG over BM, I also saw JJ push away from BM during one game as well during celebration. Once again, you are only here to promote 1 player and that's not working out so well for you.

Reactions: k-town_king
You didn't answer the question, why? Probably because it's actually one of the great things that Big Ben does because it often allows plays to develop and receivers time to get open and extends plays. You seem to think every WR gets open in under 2 seconds.
Are you arguing JG actually does a good job eluding pressure and extending plays like Big Ben?

That's a tough sell for me.

Other than his scramble in a collapsing pocket to find DWA for a shovel pass, last weekend against Vandy, I really can't think of many other times I thought 'Wow he really did a great job buying time to make a play'.

He's pretty good about finding his last read on the sideline if the pocket holds, but he misses his 1st or 2nd read too frequently, and if no one's open for a back shoulder throw then he can't extend the play other than a checkdown.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Better yet Have you ever heard of verbal judo? 90% of what we say is expressed though our body language. When Mauer went down in Alabama, are you saying that wasn’t a look of genuine concern from MC being the first there to check on him? He was running a route and at least 20 yds away! That was “oh s***” body language like it or not.

I heard that JJ told Pruitt JG over BM, I also saw JJ push away from BM during one game as well during celebration. Once again, you are only here to promote 1 player and that's not working out so well for you.
Thought so..... you only hear what you want. Got it

Thought so..... you only hear what you want. Got it
I'm pretty sure everyone heard those same things, you just like to act like they never happened. It doesn't really matter, I told you a year ago that Maurer would never be the Vols QB once HB got here and if JG returns and HB is as good as advertised that's exactly what's going to happen, no matter what BMs potential is.

Whether it was Maurer or someone else, JG had to be benched. I don't think anyone here argues it was ideal to throw BM in at that point. But JG's play forced it. He played better after being the reliever for awhile. Apparently the pressure of being the starter was too much for him.

Interesting take on JJ. I didn't think he was all that warm to BM either. Odd because BM looked for him even more than JG did. The other guys appeared to respond very well to BM.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Better yet Have you ever heard of verbal judo? 90% of what we say is expressed though our body language. When Mauer went down in Alabama, are you saying that wasn’t a look of genuine concern from MC being the first there to check on him? He was running a route and at least 20 yds away! That was “oh s***” body language like it or not.
I think he was surprised that our QB got knocked out by the back of someone's leg.

That's pretty ridiculous... and demonstrates the bias against BM that you try to claim you don't have.
I don't have a bias against BM. My thoughts are that he has talent but has always been in a bad situation between JG and HB. You can't seem to be able to handle that train of thought. You also predicted that JG would never see the field again once they let Maurer start, that hasn't panned out either. Keep talking about his big throws in HS though, it's certainly entertaining. Why haven't you commented on the one stat Maurer leads the SEC in?

I'm pretty sure everyone heard those same things, you just like to act like they never happened. It doesn't really matter, I told you a year ago that Maurer would never be the Vols QB once HB got here and if JG returns and HB is as good as advertised that's exactly what's going to happen, no matter what BMs potential is.
And I asked you a year ago to point out one thing that makes Bailey more talented and I’m still awaiting that answer. And btw.... In response to you accusing me of only being here to promote one player, have you ever responded to my threads/posts in defense of JG?

See.... you think that because you’re too busy creating lies about Maurer that the only conversation we ever have is about him. I’ve openly admitted that I like talking football. That’s why I’m here. You won’t see me respond to many defensive positions because I’m an offensive mind. I have the highest passion for qbs. There’s a reason for that. So you’ll usually find me responding to any threats qb related. So please tell me.....does it seem like I’m hiding?

I'm still waiting on an answer. Where outside of Vandy and Arkansas do you think any of our QBs would've started this year? And that's not a given. JG couldn't even lock down the UT job, Maurer didn't finish a game, and Shrout played sparingly. Hill isn't the answer and Bailey hasn't taken a snap. How is this the best QB room in the SEC this SPRING?
Definitely Kentucky, Vandy, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Mizzou. Probably Ole Miss, Miss St, and AandM, heck maybe even Bama now.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Are you arguing JG actually does a good job eluding pressure and extending plays like Big Ben?

That's a tough sell for me.

Other than his scramble in a collapsing pocket to find DWA for a shovel pass, last weekend against Vandy, I really can't think of many other times I thought 'Wow he really did a great job buying time to make a play'.

He's pretty good about finding his last read on the sideline if the pocket holds, but he misses his 1st or 2nd read too frequently, and if no one's open for a back shoulder throw then he can't extend the play other than a checkdown.
Not at all but our offensive philosophy is similar to that of what Pittsburgh does. Getting rid of the ball quickly based on some 2.3 or 2.8 second rating is certainly valuable in a spread offense but not so much with a team that throws the ball down the field as opposed to a bunch of screens, rpo's and quick slants. He's trying to say that JG holds onto the ball too long because he's slow at reading the play, I contend that JG has improved every year in his decision making even though he still does hold the ball to long on occasion but nothing close to what he used to be.

VN Store

Back