Our QB room will be the best in the SEC

I never blamed JG for anything. He was benched due to bad play. That’s true, but i personally never attack JG, his stats or otherwise. In fact you would be shocked to learn that I actually support JG. It’s the false narrative’s that your clan puts out to downgrade BM that I have a problem with. That’s what you don’t understand. Now as for BM not contributing...... I woefully disagree. This team was flat and just going through the motions in losing efforts every week until Maurer came along. He injected life into this team and whether you like it or not that life he injected remained even through the weeks he didn’t play. And by that account he played a much bigger role than you’re willing to give him credit for.
Once again, nearly every leader on the team said the meeting Coach Pruitt had following the Florida game is what sparked the team, Warrior said it, Trey Smith said it, Jennings said it, JG said it. I've not heard a single player say BM had anything to do with the Vols playing better. Jennings even reportedly went to the head coach and endorsed JG over BM. You guys giving credit to Maurer for sparking this teams uptick in play is an insult to those named Jennings, Warrior and Smith I feel. Silly sauce is what it is.

Why did you arbitrarily choose week 7?

Also, in just about every way you want to parse it, JG is among the worst in time to throw. That's not a problem vs lesser competition. It could present a huge problem against better teams.

Also during the same period JG is 11th in completion % behind even Shrout. He's 6th in yardage. He's 7th in depth adjusted accuracy. He's 11th in uncatchable %. He's the league's worst in time to throw and the only SEC QB that averages over 3 seconds to deliver the ball.

He's improved... not out of the woods.
And another thing, if you don't think this is an impressive stat then you're just about the fluff and not the substance of playing the position.

New article, just came out today, talking about this subject. I quickly skimmed over it, but I didn't see anything mentioned about the QB (Jimmy Holiday) he received a visit from tn, just yesterday.

The Tennessee Vols quarterback most likely to transfer
I read it but don't agree. I think getting his degree and being in love with his girlfriend are likely more important to him than playing time. It's been said before that women are undefeated and anyone that's ever loved one will agree!

Once again, nearly every leader on the team said the meeting Coach Pruitt had following the Florida game is what sparked the team, Warrior said it, Trey Smith said it, Jennings said it, JG said it. I've not heard a single player say BM had anything to do with the Vols playing better. Jennings even reportedly went to the head coach and endorsed JG over BM. You guys giving credit to Maurer for sparking this teams uptick in play is an insult to those named Jennings, Warrior and Smith I feel. Silly sauce is what it is.
I was going to respond explaining the obvious but I’m just going to leave this right here and let you stew on the timeline of the events you just spoke about. Remember....... Maurers first start was who?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I didn't choose week7, just went with what this guy posted. I guess you don't think that 3rd down success rates mean much. I'm guessing the full season totals are similar.
Sorry. I though you had chosen the time period. Those stats aren't for 3rd down success rate. They are for the % of passes that produce a 1st down or TD. Still an important stat.

But no, the season totals were not similar. JG was actually 5th over the season at around 38%. In weeks 1-7, he was 14th.

I was going to respond explaining the obvious but I’m just going to leave this right here and let you stew on the timeline of the events you just spoke about. Remember....... Maurers first start was who?
I'd rather you respond as to why you think the leaders of the team all said it was the meeting with Pruitt that provided the spark.

Ben Roethlisberger holds onto the ball a long time, what's the difference?
You don't understand why holding the ball too long is a problem against teams with a good pass rush? With all due respect to JG and UT's OL, Vandy ranks 13th in the SEC in sacks. Mizzou is dead last. USCe is 10th. UK ranks 3rd. Three of the 4 opponents involved in JG's turn around do not rush the passer well.

And because he got the start the following week had absolutely nothing to do with the improved overall play of this team. If that's the case then JG gets all the credit for the team playing and winning every game in November, and really EVERY SINGLE GAME WE WON THIS YEAR.

And another thing, if you don't think this is an impressive stat then you're just about the fluff and not the substance of playing the position.
It is a good stat that does not tell a complete story. He had other good stats.... but some bad ones too.

If you don't understand that then you're just about the fluff and not the substance....

I read it but don't agree. I think getting his degree and being in love with his girlfriend are likely more important to him than playing time. It's been said before that women are undefeated and anyone that's ever loved one will agree!
I think the author makes a decent argument and particularly the part about Helton. I'm sure Helton would love to have "his guy" sooner rather than later.

In his defense that was after the bama game when it started seeming to click for JG.

Thank you. I was about to ask about completition %. Not a bad stat by itself but I wouldn't call it too meaningful without completion percentage to weigh it.
SEC Stat Cat actually has a pretty good website for stats. That's where I thought Pulaski got his info.

Secstatcat

And because he got the start the following week had absolutely nothing to do with the improved overall play of this team. If that's the case then JG gets all the credit for the team playing and winning every game in November, and really EVERY SINGLE GAME WE WON THIS YEAR.
I don’t believe I’ve read anything discrediting JG for the wins tbh. I certainly haven’t. What I’m saying is had BM played as bad as you guys want everyone to believe then JG wouldn’t have felt pushed to get better and step out of comfort zone by all of a sudden throwing downfield instead of checking it down. THATS where BM had his effect on the TEAM after he went out from injury.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I'd rather you respond as to why you think the leaders of the team all said it was the meeting with Pruitt that provided the spark.
Because in that meeting it’s obvious they were told there would be a change to Maurer. Didn’t think I’d have to point that out to you

Reactions: Big Al Orange
JG did play well vs Mizzou - but, to be fair, Tigers were without there 2 best Dbs most of the night...Dismal kicking game kept the score closer than it should have been.
Thank you. Everyone over looks the fact the Mizzou was running 3rd string CBs.

Sorry. I though you had chosen the time period. Those stats aren't for 3rd down success rate. They are for the % of passes that produce a 1st down or TD. Still an important stat.

But no, the season totals were not similar. JG was actually 5th over the season at around 38%. In weeks 1-7, he was 14th.
was also really really accurate the 3rd Sunday of each month on years ending in even numbers when the moon is in its 3rd waning

Because in that meeting it’s obvious they were told there would be a change to Maurer. Didn’t think I’d have to point that out to you
Once again not a single player has ever mentioned that Maurer was the spark and i believe Juan Jennings would laugh in your face if you even suggested it to him.

Reactions: k-town_king
You don't understand why holding the ball too long is a problem against teams with a good pass rush? With all due respect to JG and UT's OL, Vandy ranks 13th in the SEC in sacks. Mizzou is dead last. USCe is 10th. UK ranks 3rd. Three of the 4 opponents involved in JG's turn around do not rush the passer well.
You didn't answer the question, why? Probably because it's actually one of the great things that Big Ben does because it often allows plays to develop and receivers time to get open and extends plays. You seem to think every WR gets open in under 2 seconds.

It’s the false narrative’s that your clan puts out to downgrade BM that I have a problem with. That’s what you don’t understand. Now as for BM not contributing...... I woefully disagree. This team was flat and just going through the motions in losing efforts every week until Maurer came along. He injected life into this team and whether you like it or not that life he injected remained even through the weeks he didn’t play. And by that account he played a much bigger role than you’re willing to give him credit for.

This is flat out, 100 percent true.

VN Store

Back