Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_mojevvVoif1qz4rgp.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Need to start preparing yourselves for the worst and hope for the best. After our meltdown over Schiano, we can’t really play that card again. Especially against Fulmer.

Bracing yourself doesn’t make the kick in the 🥜 feel any better. Put down you shield and live in your hopes. Life is more fun than way!

Reactions: 7 people
I think some of you vastly overestimate what this program is right now. Not was it has been or what can be again, but what it is currently.They can throw money at whoever they want give control give big assistant money, this isn't about not giving coaches what they want.

Why would any good coach come to this program with it's perceived (some of it warranted) instability within the AD, the worst year it's ever had, and the amount of time and work it will take to get it back on track.

This kind of hire is almost mandatory it UT wants to get back where it needs to be. The Vols have to be built back up unfortunately. I hate it just as much as anyone else, but it's a very real situation.

Messages much like this will become pervasive should we indeed fail to land a big name coach. Fans hoping for more will be told that their disappointment is unjustified given the state of the program. But listen up...UT has not hired a solid coach since Majors. (Fulmer was promoted.) Millions of dollars and countless promises have failed four straight times. If we roll out a “promising DC” as a head coach when Leach or better was possible...when we settle for our 8th or 9th choice...when we prove once again unwilling to do what it takes to win...the fans will have every right to be disappointed. And we can remain disappointed until the first game next fall. So, take your lecture back to the sunshine fountain it gushed out of and let us have a few more hours to dream. We’ve kinda gotten used to having our hopes crushed. We’ll be okay.

In my earlier post about Steele having Haslam written all over it, I didn't make myself clear. I don't think Haslam is getting Steele hired, I think he is putting out the rumors because he knows it will divide the fan base. Anything he can do to pi** us off he's gonna do because we took his toys away.

Makes sense. Getting deposed doesn’t mean he rolled over and died.

PV, Atlvol, and MIT-Beaver have asked that I send along this "cryptic" message....

Attachments

• e530ae879575de254b99704470f90db2.jpg.jpg
    e530ae879575de254b99704470f90db2.jpg.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: 20 people
UTSuave’;14839662 said:
Underrated post we need the OG's in here to explain

The OG’s don’t know. The best they can do is connect the dots. You know as much as they do if you’ve been paying attention.

Reactions: 4 people
I hate to say it, but I think the regular PV got his account back and is trolling now. I'm pretty sure the actual insider using that account last week didn't know how to post gifs.

Regardless, tomorrow is absolutely, positively, we have to have a coach day.

There will be no events, smokescreens, banquets, inductions, etc to stall for anymore. There has to be a staff in place to start getting our recruits back

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back