Official Jon Gruden Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I joined long ago, and even though I rarely post I follow this site almost religiously. I lurked during the OG threads and have enjoyed it this time around as well. Obviously, I'm here because I love my Vols and I really want Gruden to lead us.

My thoughts regarding Haslam... how on earth did he escape any FBI charges with regard to the shady business dealings of Pilot?? Surely there is someone who can say he was well aware of what was going on. It is laughable to think he had no idea. Just thought that could be leverage to pry his death grip off of our football program

He has not escaped yet!

Reactions: 1 person
This sh** show is really beyond terrible and laughable and unreal and unbelievable.

What bizzaro world are we in right now........

Seriously, man. Bizarro World just like in the comics. Tennessee is a terrible football that can't find a coach. Peyton Manning is an evil villian out to thwart the will of the fans. Schiano is a victim. Jimmy Hyams is getting reports wrong (wait, that's not Bizarro).

Hello everyone. I joined long ago, and even though I rarely post I follow this site almost religiously. I lurked during the OG threads and have enjoyed it this time around as well. Obviously, I'm here because I love my Vols and I really want Gruden to lead us.

My thoughts regarding Haslam... how on earth did he escape any FBI charges with regard to the shady business dealings of Pilot?? Surely there is someone who can say he was well aware of what was going on. It is laughable to think he had no idea. Just thought that could be leverage to pry his death grip off of our football program

Big Jim or Jimmy Haslem....they are 2 different people.

Big Jim is the one meddling.

Squints... I need the WTF gif, please.
Every time I open the thread and read a page or 2, that is what I see in my mind's eye.
Thanks in advance.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
It’s foolish to make this kind of decision before interviewing all available/interested parties. If this decision is made before that happens, then I’ll be the first to tell you it’s because the Haslam’s have forced the hire... I’m not saying Brohm’s not the guy, but without at least interviewing a Sumlin, Miles, Martin, etc. how would you ever know that one of that for a fact? One of those other candidates could blow you away with their ideas and coaching scheme in the interview, but you’ll never know if you don’t at least sit down with them... This is very foolish and very irresponsible!

agree wholeheartedly.
Sumlin would be the guy I would lean towards the most.

Other than that, I really don't know why the rush to hire. They have already shown their incompetence, untrustworthy and many more descriptions not fit for printing.

OR keep someone who is already on staff even tho the picking's are slim. Make them HC for very short contract with plenty of incentives. This prevents Currie from making the hire and buys time to get his replacement in for a real hire.

Let's just say that investigation is not over yet. Those already charged are being tried in Chattanooga.

Reactions: 1 person
He is way down my list but the best we can get at this point. It’s either this or be back in 4 which i don’t want to do.

I think we are searching again in 3 or 4 years.

At this point we are radioactive. Should just throw some bones Hokes way and try again in a year or two hopefully under new AD.

But it is what it is. I am really close to the point of total apathy.

A coach's record, game film and vetted decision making skills are all that needs to be viewed. Who cares about his philosophy? I sure as hell don't.

You are assuming a lot there Squints. I don’t think Currie knows crap about football, much less gamefilm.

He is way down my list but the best we can get at this point. It’s either this or be back in 4 which i don’t want to do.

We'll be back in 4. This guy can't compete with Smart, Mullen, Saban....maybe even Muschamp.

Get used to mid-pack. New guy, same as the old guy.

I don't care who you are, this is damn funny lol

Brian Petty‏
@PartyPetty
22m22 minutes ago
More
Replying to @JohnDBrice1 @ahollings1 and 2 others
@UAB_FB How do you resurrect a football program? Asking for my friend @John_Currie #vols

Intricate Expanses‏
@Intricatexpanse
9m9 minutes ago
More
Don't even effin' JOKE about that, man! That's a horrible thing.

Someone comes back and thinks you're friends with @John_Currie and they'll run you out of town on the same rail!

Reactions: 4 people
I read Twitter and feel just a slight bit better in reading all the encouraging stuff about Brohm, then I come here and see "that's what THEY want!! For you to accept it!"

What are we supposed to do? Pitch a royal fit like on Sunday because we want Gruden?

It's not about Gruden. It's about having everything in place including facilities and revenue generated BY FANS, then being told to settle for a c list Coach time after time. It's wash rinse repeat and our ignorant fan base just keeps buying it. Pay $100 for a ticket and watch a movie that was shot with a cheap flip phone and edited to appear like the real deal. It's not going to change as long as we keep believing the bs they are feeding us.

We'll be back in 4. This guy can't compete with Smart, Mullen, Saban....maybe even Muschamp.

Get used to mid-pack. New guy, same as the old guy.

That is just plain stupid. For one, Brohm actually played the game. Second, he seems to be big on discipline.

Those two things right there make him different from the old guy.

As much as everyone is hating Currie right now, he said not to believe anything until HE announces the next coach. I could go on about the smokescreens, and cloak and dagger stuff, but I won't. I do remember that MIT said that things would look bad, and Currie would come out of this looking like a hero. So far that is not the case. But WHAT IF all this is is happening and then all of a sudden Currie is on the podium with Mr. Gruden? Not saying it's going to happen, however, I was a believer, both in 2012 and 2017. I hope it happens, but my meter has dropped to like 10%.

Why did you say this Beaver? Why would this even be discussed or planned out? Everybody was onboard with Currie when you said this a month or longer ago.

This whole situation is crazy to think about.

1. Gruden was a done deal.

2. Certain boosters are the problem.

3. We supposedly tried to hire Schiano. Fans rioted and are calling for everyone to be fired and to get rid of the certain boosters.

4. We have been in talks with several other candidates. Ones that are at their dream jobs, a 1 season head coach at a P5 school, and is making it more competitive. (I know he also coached WKU)

The list can go on and on. However, it could all be a huge conspiracy, it could be just what is happening. As I said earlier, Currie said don't believe anything until you hear it from him. Beav with all his stuff, good and bad, as well as the other informed "insiders".

This while coaching search is just awesomely insane, I can't get enough of it. But I do remember that Dec 10 was supposed to be a big day for some reason. WHAT IF everything is just playing out until Then? It is only about 11 days away, that's kinda SOON....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back