Official Jon Gruden Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brohm has a great offensive mind. Excellent teacher of QBs. Yes, he is young. However, he is cocky and a little brash toward other opponents. The man can recruit and it won’t be long before he is recruiting at a top 5 level.

He can out coach every defensive coordinator in the SEC East and just needs a damn good defensive coordinator as well

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Completely underwhelming hire...but we get what we'll accept.

See you in 4 years for the next search.

Reactions: 5 people
It’s foolish to make this kind of decision before interviewing all available/interested parties. If this decision is made before that happens, then I’ll be the first to tell you it’s because the Haslam’s have forced the hire... I’m not saying Brohm’s not the guy, but without at least interviewing a Sumlin, Miles, Martin, etc. how would you ever know that one of that for a fact? One of those other candidates could blow you away with their ideas and coaching scheme in the interview, but you’ll never know if you don’t at least sit down with them... This is very foolish and very irresponsible!

UT admin desperate to hire anyone at this point to stop the bleeding. They think everything will be fine once a coach is hired.

Brohm has a great offensive mind. Excellent teacher of QBs. Yes, he is young. However, he is cocky and a little brash toward other opponents. The man can recruit and it won’t be long before he is recruiting at a top 5 level.

He can out coach every defensive coordinator in the SEC East and just needs a damn good defensive coordinator as well

Even with all that it doesn’t appear there was any truth to his coming, right?

How could there be two mysterious photos from the same day of the back of what looks like Gruden's head?

There's something very very mysterious about this coaching search. There's something we're not being told.

I'm riding this conspiracy train to the end of the tracks...

Someone mentioned 2012...people calling coaches saying don't take it.

Hyams is the voice of a certain booster..if he gets this wrong that could be very telling.

There's so much going on behind the sceens. None of us know what is truly going on. I can speculate with the best of them. I've got nothing but time on my hands here, and the internet is so limited I can't stream anything. Plus we are on weather lockdown for storm conditions. I can tell you what I hope is happening.

Just what I want...Western Kentucky and Purdue hire...Meanwhile, at UCLA...

Why don't you people understand? We have more or less been blacklisted by any top tier coach due to the Shiano fallout. It had to happen, but we are in no position to think we get a top name at this point. Get this hire over with then Currie GTFO.

Has nothing to do with Schiano and has everything to do with Jim Haslam

Reactions: 2 people
Except for one Grand Poobah where business is booming!

a-lot-of-money.gif

You've got no beef with me this time around....I haven't brought anything forward other than the info about Butch after the Georgia game.

I was hoping for Gruden like many, but have predicted nothing.

Seems you're the only one trolling.

:good!: You've been a stalwart of being even keeled, and I for one, enjoy you good sir. Hope your son is doing better btw.

Reactions: 1 person
2 things here:

1) Jeff wants to tell his team first and they are in school

2) The super boosters side leaked false info to further destroy Currie

Ill wait and see on this one.

Reactions: 2 people
So, Hyams basically reports done deal.

But we find out Brohm is out recruiting and told a recruit he’s staying. The AD of Purdue says TN hasn’t talked to Brohm.

Wut?

Is this evidence of anti-Haslam boosters at play? Did they leak false info to Hyams to F up Currie/Haslam?

First thing I thought of

So, Hyams basically reports done deal.

But we find out Brohm is out recruiting and told a recruit he’s staying. The AD of Purdue says TN hasn’t talked to Brohm.

Wut?

Is this evidence of anti-Haslam boosters at play? Did they leak false info to Hyams to F up Currie/Haslam?

It's all a smokescreen. Schiano gonna be our next coach!

So we go from

Kiffin
Dooley
Jones
Schiano
Cutliffe
Gundy
Brohm

And the list goes on and on. This administration should be fired for gross negligence with cause.

I’m just saying, interview the people who have shown interest before making a decision. You never know who could surprise you in the interview process.

A coach's record, game film and vetted decision making skills are all that needs to be viewed. Who cares about his philosophy? I sure as hell don't.

Luther, you're totally redeemed in my book and anything ever said bad about you from me on the political side is erased. I think we need to go back to the old days of no public political and religious talks, cause you've had some great posts in this thread. You're a good dude, and will try to enjoy any and all posts even the ones I disagree with by tempering that versus your normal day to day guy you probably are. Just wanted you to know even though not important.

FTR, both go on the card.

Thanks, I know what you mean. One of the greatest side benefits of this Gruden thread was being able to see some familiar names from a different perspective.

Reactions: 1 person
Why don't you people understand? We have more or less been blacklisted by any top tier coach due to the Shiano fallout. It had to happen, but we are in no position to think we get a top name at this point. Get this hire over with then Currie GTFO.

Why don’t you people understand we have been blacklisted because of the Haslams which is the only reason we went schianos direction to begin with.

Reactions: 3 people
It’s foolish to make this kind of decision before interviewing all available/interested parties. If this decision is made before that happens, then I’ll be the first to tell you it’s because the Haslam’s have forced the hire... I’m not saying Brohm’s not the guy, but without at least interviewing a Sumlin, Miles, Martin, etc. how would you ever know that one of that for a fact? One of those other candidates could blow you away with their ideas and coaching scheme in the interview, but you’ll never know if you don’t at least sit down with them... This is very foolish and very irresponsible!

Which is why we are having a little get together at Gate 21 on Saturday. Come join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back